Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Happy Meal Toys? DENIED!

Go down 
+18
GamemasterAnthony
Ghost in the Machine
VenusRain
Anon
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Reepicheep-chan
Saleha
Morinen
Sutremaine
ZoZo
KelinciHutan
TheHermit
XLT-100852.0
Malganis
Drabbler
Spotts1701
EileenK98
Maximilia
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

Happy Meal Toys? DENIED! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Meal Toys? DENIED!   Happy Meal Toys? DENIED! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 1:24 pm

I just like how there were no more comments of the "DERP PEOPLE KNOW A HAPPY MEAL ISN'T HEALTHY" variety after he posted that.
Back to top Go down
Saleha
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Saleha

PostSubject: Re: Happy Meal Toys? DENIED!   Happy Meal Toys? DENIED! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 2:42 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
I just like how there were no more comments of the "DERP PEOPLE KNOW A HAPPY MEAL ISN'T HEALTHY" variety after he posted that.

The sad part is that the damn things aren't even cheap. The problem is more that some areas are underserved when it comes to groceries. I used to live in such a rural one - it was half an hour to the nearest supermarket; the closest town only had a gas-station-with-convenience store which was totally overpriced... and a Subway and a Dairy Queen. Guess what we had for dinner a lot?

I guess my point is that, if said poor people were given the choice of a supermarket and a fast food chain within a reasonable distance, they'd probably go for the groceries, and while the cheapest food options in said supermarkets are still of horrible quality and loaded with fat, HFCS and calories, if the same amount a Happy Meal costs was spent for a meal (even a microwaveable one - same convenience) there, the result would probably be healthier.
Back to top Go down
http://diva-urd.livejournal.com/
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Happy Meal Toys? DENIED!   Happy Meal Toys? DENIED! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 3:15 am

It wasn't always that way. Problem is, when cheap shitty fast food cranked out by McDonald's is what gets bought, cheap healthy food you have to take the time to cook for yourself becomes less and less profitable.

It's not necessarily laziness, often people just feel they don't have the time to make food when they've got a million other pressing concerns like long shifts, juggling who's picking up the kids from school, etc. Picking up some burgers at the drive-thru or throwing some pizza snacks in the microwave suddenly becomes a lot more attractive.

But yes, LOL @ this thread turning into Caffiene Addicts Anonymous debate: Sugar v. Splenda.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Meal Toys? DENIED!   Happy Meal Toys? DENIED! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy Meal Toys? DENIED!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2