Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican

Go down 
+22
Spotts1701
Hot Cancer
Lexin
Keith Fraser
Mr.Doobie
Just Chipper
TheHermit
The Unoriginal
gaijinguy
Exodia's Right Leg
Rabid Badger
Adagio
Cyberwulf
Mikey Go WOOGA
Soylent Green
TheHedonist
Psy-4
the asylum
Somath Cegem
Jesus.
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
ZoZo
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican Empty
PostSubject: Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican   Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 2:55 am

Link here. Or, for those less inclined to read the Guardian, the New York Times

Quote :
It was meant to be the document that put a lid on the clerical sex abuse scandals that have swept the Roman Catholic world. But instead of quelling fury from within and without the church, the Vatican stoked the anger of liberal Catholics and women's groups by including a provision in its revised decree that made the "attempted ordination" of women one of the gravest crimes in ecclesiastical law.

The change put the "offence" on a par with the sex abuse of minors.

Quote :
The revision of a decree first issued nine years ago was intended to address the issue of clerical sex abuse. Last night it remained unclear why the Vatican had decided to invite further controversy by changing the status of women's ordination in canon law.
Because God definitely hates women as much as abusing children.

Great work, Catholic Church. People won't notice you still don't give a shit about systematic child abuse as they're too busy noticing you're also a bunch of misogynists.

On the good side, maybe they'll start covering up ordained female priests now?

ETA: Daily Mash is brilliant

Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican   Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 6:09 am

Of course God hates women. He's all for their rape, abduction, murder, sacrifice, turning to salt, stoning, mutilation and more rape.

But God LIKES child abuse, if you've ever paid the slightest attention to how he ordered Abraham to kill his son just to test him, and rejected Cain's sacrifice because it was of wheat and so on rather than the burning of animals, despite claiming omniscient and therefore surely knowing this rejection would cause murder.

So it's TRUE! WOMEN PRIESTS ARE EVIL IN GOD'S EYES!
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican   Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 7:59 am

You're still expecting these guys to make sense, Zo? You poor thing.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican   Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 8:35 am

*sigh* I miss John Paul II.
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican   Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:09 am

Oh religion. When will you ever join the 21st century?
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican   Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:42 am

Somath Cegem wrote:
I don't. He holds a lot of the responsibilty for the AIDS epidemic in Africa. I'm still not sure if that's worse or not.
Back to top Go down
Psy-4
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction

PostSubject: Re: Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican   Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:54 am

Wait, you just now noticed that the church is misogynistic?

1 Timothy 2:11-12
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican   Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:02 am

ZoZo wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
I don't. He holds a lot of the responsibilty for the AIDS epidemic in Africa. I'm still not sure if that's worse or not.
I'm not entirely sure what your referring to.
If you mean his speaking out against birth control I can how that might have had an impact, though I think the intention was more of a "If your gonna have sex let it be for making a baby like god intended" not "SPREAD AID'S SPREAD CONSUME THE WORLD!!!!"
This is kinda why I miss John Paul II, he may have got it wrong sometimes but there was no malice, this shit on the other hand, this is just kick you in the shins and run away petty.
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican   Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:45 am

No apostrophe in AIDS, fella. It's an acronym.
Back to top Go down
Soylent Green
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Soylent Green

PostSubject: Re: Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican   Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 12:46 pm

Somath Cegem wrote:
ZoZo wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
I'm not entirely sure what your referring to.
If you mean his speaking out against birth control I can how that might have had an impact, though I think the intention was more of a "If your gonna have sex let it be for making a baby like god intended" not "SPREAD AID'S SPREAD CONSUME THE WORLD!!!!"
This is kinda why I miss John Paul II, he may have got it wrong sometimes but there was no malice, this shit on the other hand, this is just kick you in the shins and run away petty.

There was plenty of malice. The Vatican II thing that everyone credits him? That was Pope John XXIII and Pope John Paul I had a huge role in it. Pope John Paul II began undoing that. Not to mention his involvement with Opus Dei and the really skeevy practice of using aide programs in less developed countries to convert people to Catholicism. He raised a huge fuss about Terry Schiavo, even though it wasn't any of his business but when it was his time to go, he requested that doctors uphold a DNR and they did without a fuss. He was not a modern or even a forward thinking man and (one of my favorite bits) during the World Pray for Peace Day nearly thirty years ago when he only prayed with Christians. There was also a "rule book" the Vatican released about how "proper" women are supposed to behave, but I can't remember if the pope had anything to do with that.

There are plenty of people that do amazing works (regardless of their political affiliation) and deserve to be recognized, but beatifying an authoritarian dude afraid to enter the twenty-first century isn't the way to go about doing it.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican   Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:25 pm

Jesus. wrote:
You're still expecting these guys to make sense, Zo? You poor thing.

I blame you, really.

ZoZo wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:

>Misspell responsibility.
>Try to act intellectually superior.
>mfw

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I suppose it was his fault everyone on the African continent would not stop having sex with everyone and everything that walked?
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican   Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 2:34 pm

Somath Cegem wrote:
When half a continent is getting ready to die of AIDS, which is a sexually transmitted disease, it doesn't matter a whit what your intent is when you use your influence to persuade people not to use a barrier method of contraception.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican   Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 3:04 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
When half a continent is getting ready to die of AIDS, which is a sexually transmitted disease, it doesn't matter a whit what your intent is when you use your influence to persuade people not to use a barrier method of contraception.
Thank you, CW. I was just about to say exactly this.

So, to conclude from this thread: the Vatican is terrible.
Back to top Go down
Adagio
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Adagio

PostSubject: Re: Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican   Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 7:11 pm

Psy-4 wrote:
Wait, you just now noticed that the church is misogynistic?

1 Timothy 2:11-12

You say that like we can't be outraged and appalled just because this behaviour isn't new.

Hmm.
Back to top Go down
Psy-4

PostSubject: Re: Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican   Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 7:50 pm

Adagio wrote:
You say that like we can't be outraged and appalled just because this behaviour isn't new.
Considering Christianity was around for 1700 years (spoilers: Jesus dies), that's exactly what I'm saying.

For comparison, outrage at GOP expires on Dec. 21 2012.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican   Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:19 pm

You know, there are a fair number of church that allow women to be preachers (and not just ones that made the decision recently). The Assemblies of God has allowed women to preach since the church first incorporated. Hell, the Foursquare Church was founded by a woman, and has had women preachers and allowed women to be deacons since the late 19th century.

Not all religions refuse to believe that women can feel moved to preach the gospel the same as men, or that, if they feel the calling, they should be denied the right to follow it.
Back to top Go down
Psy-4

PostSubject: Re: Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican   Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:03 pm

On the other hand, Uncle Joe wants women to get out of kitchen slavery.

atheism 1,213,812 : christianity 0 Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican 896582
Back to top Go down
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

PostSubject: Re: Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican   Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:33 pm

Darth Benedict XVI knows very well what he's doing. He wants to reinforce the Catholic Church's traditional positions, no matter how outdated, unkind or just plain headdesky they may be.
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican   Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 12:03 am

Wait wait wait, the Roman Catholic Church not ordaining women is news?

I need to get some distance so I'm not spattered with gray matter when y'all's minds are blown by the horseless carriage.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican   Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 12:36 am

gaijinguy wrote:

I need to get some distance so I'm not spattered with gray matter when y'all's minds are blown by the horseless carriage.

It's not that any of us are surprised; it's more that everyone's been expecting SOME sort of a change in attitude by the church towards the whole child molestation scandal. It's nice that he's decided it's not okay to physically or sexually abuse children or the mentally challenged, but then he goes and throws the thing about women not becoming priests there on the end, thereby ensuring that, for the faithful, the idea of women being ordained will hereafter be connected to the idea of priests (all of whom are male, BTW) molesting innocent children.
Back to top Go down
Adagio
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Adagio

PostSubject: Re: Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican   Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 6:26 am

Psy-4 wrote:
Adagio wrote:
Considering Christianity was around for 1700 years (spoilers: Jesus dies), that's exactly what I'm saying.

By that selfsame logic, nobody should have any right to be appalled at racism, because it's been around for so long, or to be dismayed when an earthquake strikes, because of course those have been around forever, right? By your logic, the entire Godawful News subforum is rendered irrelevant because, gee guys, you're only just now discovering humanity can be cruel?

I can't help but suspect you perhaps didn't think of the implications of that statement.

I think I get that what you're trying to say is something along the lines of "you're really surprised at this, after all this time?"—but you're missing the point. It's not that we're surprised. It's that we're enraged that the Catholic Church has taken a decree that everybody thought would be a long-overdue step forward... and used it to further their petty agenda against the Anglican Church. (The Anglican Church being the one that recently ruled it's A-OK to ordain female bishops, unless I'm gravely mistaken.) It's—really—it's a betrayal of everyone who put their confidence/faith/whatever in the Catholic Church's ability to handle the whole sex abuse matter with compassion, and it proves that it has progressed not a whit since pretty much the day the religion was created.
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican   Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 8:30 am

Somath Cegem wrote:
It was JPII who stated that girls couldn't be altar boys - pardon the grammatical clash. For some reasons, I could serve during funeral services or ceremonies held outside the church, like Memorial Day, but not the Sunday Mass.
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican   Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 10:21 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican   Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 11:00 am

gaijinguy wrote:

The news bit is that they've come out and said it's as bad as child abuse. Let me repeat that. Giving women the same opportunity as men is the same as raping children. They just said that.
Back to top Go down
Just Chipper
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Just Chipper

PostSubject: Re: Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican   Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 11:19 am

ZoZo wrote:
gaijinguy wrote:

The news bit is that they've come out and said it's as bad as child abuse. Let me repeat that. Giving women the same opportunity as men is the same as raping children. They just said that.
Yeah, I was just about to say this.

Quote :
Giving women the same opportunity as men is the same as raping children.
Just quoting this again for the idiots who are herping their derp yet again over another thread being made that discusses religion/feminism.

EDIT: Oh great, my parroting starts the new page. Fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican   Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican Empty

Back to top Go down

Ordaining female priests is as bad as child abuse, says Vatican
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next