Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bad Endings to Good Films

Go down 
+11
Penguin
TheHedonist
Raine
InkWeaver
alexis
Miss Jennifer
WD40
Electron Blue
Cyberwulf
kleine_kat
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

Bad Endings to Good Films - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Endings to Good Films   Bad Endings to Good Films - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 4:37 am

kleine_kat wrote:
BTW, did they fuck up the original story too, since I, ignorant person, don't know anything about Kimba and really can't be bothered to read that page you linked?

That's for me to know and you to find out.
Back to top Go down
kleine_kat
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
kleine_kat

PostSubject: Re: Bad Endings to Good Films   Bad Endings to Good Films - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 5:20 am

Penguin wrote:
kleine_kat wrote:
BTW, did they fuck up the original story too, since I, ignorant person, don't know anything about Kimba and really can't be bothered to read that page you linked?

Oh dear, I'll remain ignorant, then.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Bad Endings to Good Films   Bad Endings to Good Films - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 5:45 am

The Lion King is Hamlet - evil uncle kills king, steals the crown and banishes the prince, and along come Rozencrantz and Guildenstern.

I know less about the Kimba controversy but I sure know scenes were ripped off and the makers of Kimba didn't have the money to take on Disney in court (who does?)

Simba's Pride is Romeo and Juliet - two warring families but their kids fall in love and try to run away together. And the families realise by the end that their feud is petty and pointless. The main difference is the happy ending. And Juliet isn't a 14 year old sappy little wimp.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Bad Endings to Good Films   Bad Endings to Good Films - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 6:15 am

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
I know less about the Kimba controversy but I sure know scenes were ripped off

I remain sceptical on this... An animated film with a lion in it looks suspiciously like a different animated series starring a lion... Because they both stand on a rock looking cool?

I don't buy it. There's only so many ways you can draw a cartoon lion standing on a rock looking regal... And that really is the only thing that seems to link the two projects.

Quote :
and the makers of Kimba didn't have the money to take on Disney in court (who does?)

I'm not sure this was even an issue...

da wiki wrote:
Tezuka then asked for and got the license to adapt Disney's Bambi into a manga. More recently, Disney animators were hired to train Tezuka's crew in the use of color when production was started on the Jungle Emperor/Kimba the White Lion TV series.

Granted, there's a big ol Citation needed after the last statement, but the article on Tezuka himself has this to say:

Quote :
[Tezuka] is often considered the Japanese equivalent to Walt Disney, who served as a major inspiration during his formative years.

[...]

His early art style was basic and inspired by Disney, whom he greatly admired. Tezuka's early works included manga versions of Disney movies such as Bambi.

So does Simba look like Kimba because Disney was copying him, or does Kimba look like Simba because that's how Tezuka predicted that's Disney would draw a lion?

Either way, there is no controversy here to my mind. No dirt was kicked up, other than dirt that a few people who spotted a few debatable similarities decided to kick up.

Next on our list: Did you know that a bunch of leaves n' shit spell the work 'sex' in that film? Disney totally did that on purpose... For some reason... Bad Endings to Good Films - Page 2 367135
Back to top Go down
Keith Fraser
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Keith Fraser

PostSubject: Re: Bad Endings to Good Films   Bad Endings to Good Films - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 5:30 pm

I seem to remember reading that it was actually 'SFX'.
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Bad Endings to Good Films   Bad Endings to Good Films - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 5:36 pm

kleine_kat wrote:
Penguin wrote:
kleine_kat wrote:

Oh dear, I'll remain ignorant, then.

I means he doesn't know himself. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I was thinking about J.J. Abrams' Star Trek lately and how it would've been a good movie if it had ended with Pike still in command. It would've been more believable, it wouldn't have stopped the whole film from being about Kirk and Spock, and then they could've had Pike picking between Kirk and Spock as his successor as part of the second Abrams Trek film. Oh well, probably too much effort involved.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Bad Endings to Good Films   Bad Endings to Good Films - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 7:20 pm

I remember Alien vs Preator. I think in the original intended ending, Alexa gets on the ship with the Predators, but they changed that for some reason.

I wish they'd kept that ending.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad Endings to Good Films   Bad Endings to Good Films - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bad Endings to Good Films
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2