Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ohio Teen Sentenced in Parking Lot Noose Attack

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

Ohio Teen Sentenced in Parking Lot Noose Attack Empty
PostSubject: Ohio Teen Sentenced in Parking Lot Noose Attack   Ohio Teen Sentenced in Parking Lot Noose Attack EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 10:39 pm

Link

Quote :
MOUNT VERNON, Ohio – A central Ohio teenager accused of putting a noose around a Hispanic boy's neck and dragging him in a parking lot has been sentenced to 10 days in jail.
Ten days? For dragging someone with a noose? It was a hate crime, and a potentially lethal one. This "punishment" is merely a slap on the wrist.

Quote :
Seventeen-year-old Robert Cantu says in May 2008 he was dragged from a sidewalk to a parking lot with the noose wrapped around his neck by a group of teenagers shouting racial slurs. He says the teens threatened to hang him before a bystander intervened.
I don't know if this qualifies as attempted murder or not...but I were in the shoes of the kid who was threatened with being hanged, I'd sure feel threatened.

Quote :
His family says it plans to sue the city, dubbed the state's Most Livable Community in 1994.
Not for Hispanics, apparently.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Teen Sentenced in Parking Lot Noose Attack   Ohio Teen Sentenced in Parking Lot Noose Attack EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 10:48 pm

10 days?

10 DAYS?

Seriously, America? What the hell!?
Back to top Go down
Sparrow
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Teen Sentenced in Parking Lot Noose Attack   Ohio Teen Sentenced in Parking Lot Noose Attack EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 12:35 am

10 days? WTF is wrong with the judge? I also want to know why he was tried in juvenile court, though I suppose he may've been 17 when he committed the crime. Actually, I want to know more about OH law in general, that allowed such a light sentence to occur.
Back to top Go down
http://sparrow779.livejournal.com/
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Teen Sentenced in Parking Lot Noose Attack   Ohio Teen Sentenced in Parking Lot Noose Attack EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 1:21 am

FTA: "He dropped his original plea of not guilty and pleaded no contest to ethnic intimidation.

A charge of aggravated menacing was dropped."

No. . . battery? No assault? "Seventeen-year-old Robert Cantu says in May 2008 he was dragged from a sidewalk to a parking lot with the noose wrapped around his neck by a group of teenagers shouting racial slurs. He says the teens threatened to hang him before a bystander intervened."

I'm wondering if there isn't more (less?) going on here.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Teen Sentenced in Parking Lot Noose Attack   Ohio Teen Sentenced in Parking Lot Noose Attack EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 9:32 am

What the fuck? His defender better not have gone down the "boys will be boys" route and passed this off as a joke gone too far. That defense always makes me scream in frustration.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Teen Sentenced in Parking Lot Noose Attack   Ohio Teen Sentenced in Parking Lot Noose Attack Empty

Back to top Go down

Ohio Teen Sentenced in Parking Lot Noose Attack
Page 1 of 1