Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Christ's boner offends churchgoers

Go down 
+20
Jay/Cris
myeerah
theweirdkind
Vespers
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knorg
The Unoriginal
Mikey Go WOOGA
Malganis
Mafiosa
Goat
Verandering
Lady Anne
rae
Trioculus
EileenK98
Sutremaine
Exodia's Right Leg
Raine
ZoZo
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

Christ's boner offends churchgoers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 12:45 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
I'm so much better at grammar than you, I act superior on accident. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Christ's boner offends churchgoers - Page 2 585516
Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 3:10 pm

The Unoriginal wrote:
Looks like a "dirt is in the eye of the beholder" (or "Problem Is Located Between Your Ears") case, compounded with a poor understanding of anatony on the artist's part, perhaps. I could take out my Religion schoolbook and testify that I drew better six-packs when I was ten: shading and highlighting does not work that way.
Also: actual medieval crucifixes are even worse regarding the presence of alleged comedies:

1257: Link

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] The women in the background are cracking me up.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 6:20 pm

theweirdkind wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
I'm so much better at grammar than you, I act superior on accident. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Let me rephrase. I'm so much better at spelling than you, I act superior on accident. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Vespers
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Vespers

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 9:16 pm

myeerah wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] The women in the background are cracking me up.

The one in the blue--Mary, perhaps? seems to be trying very hard not to laugh and vomit at the same time.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 2:30 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
theweirdkind wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

Let me rephrase. I'm so much better at spelling than you, I act superior on accident. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 3:14 am

I took the freedom of doing a bit of dodgeburn on the picture. It's really a case of unfortunate shading:

Link

The writing 'The King's Glory' on top of the cross is the final straw, however.
Back to top Go down
Goat
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Goat

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 3:18 am

*snerk*

English is my second language. What's your excuse?
Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 5:39 am

Goat wrote:
*snerk*

I have to admit: I'm not entirely sure how that excuses you from having to use a spell-checker, especially on words like 'divine' and 'marvelous' which any spell-checker worth its salt should be able to catch. If this were a matter of syntax or inflection I'd accept the "Second Language"-excuse as a valid one, but hiding behind it to excuse for typos? 's Kind of lazy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 9:09 am

why the fuck aren't you people using firefox
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 9:45 am

Mafiosa wrote:
Chrome has it too, TYVM Christ's boner offends churchgoers - Page 2 961878
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 10:01 am

Jesus. wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:

Does Chrome have add-ons yet? Because that's pretty much the only thing keeping me from switching over.
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 11:35 am

Mafiosa wrote:
Jesus. wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:

Does Chrome have add-ons yet? Because that's pretty much the only thing keeping me from switching over.
Not yet, no. ):
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 11:48 am

EileenK98 wrote:
It most likely wasn't intentional, but once you see it, you can't unsee it. And I think that says more about the state of our minds than the state of the Church.

Indeed. It also suggests, to borrow a Seth Myers line from last week's "Saturday Night Live", that the Vatican is working from the bottom of its complaint box.
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 1:07 pm

Mafiosa wrote:

Ish. It does have some and the list is growing. I've got ad-block, last pass, and X-marks on mine.

Pull up Chrome, go to the tools drop down list, click extensions.
Back to top Go down
Goat
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Goat

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 3:15 pm

Jay/Cris wrote:
Goat wrote:
*snerk*

I have to admit: I'm not entirely sure how that excuses you from having to use a spell-checker, especially on words like 'divine' and 'marvelous' which any spell-checker worth its salt should be able to catch. If this were a matter of syntax or inflection I'd accept the "Second Language"-excuse as a valid one, but hiding behind it to excuse for typos? 's Kind of lazy.
Not really. I do have spell-check. But since my first language is Spanish and spelling in Spanish is a bit harder than spelling in English, that's the language the spell-checker checks; there are squiggly red lines under anything I write in English.

My other option is opening Word and copy-pasting everything I write onto it. See how that could get boring? I don't do that anymore, because yes, I'm lazy and 98% of the time Word finds nothing wrong with my spelling, so I stopped. My spelling is not atrocious or anything and I can mostly hold my own.

Mikey just needs to find a new hobby.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

Location : One of the guys with the giant papier-mâché dongs in Lysistrata

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 3:55 pm

Chrome makes me happy. I just thought y'all needed to know that.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 4:58 pm

Dr. Professor Science wrote:
Chrome makes me happy. I just thought y'all needed to know that.

Lining barrels with it is a significant improvement. You'll get no argument from me on this issue.
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 5:12 pm

Goat wrote:
spelling in Spanish is a bit harder than spelling in English
How so?
Back to top Go down
Goat
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Goat

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 6:09 pm

Sutremaine wrote:
Goat wrote:
spelling in Spanish is a bit harder than spelling in English
How so?
Well, for one, Colombian Spanish doesn't mark a difference between "B" and "V", nor between "C", "S" and "Z", "J" and "G", "Y" and "LL", or "X" and "CC" when spoken, therefore you have to remember where each one is supposed to be used, instead of the other(s).

Example: The correct spelling for cow is "vaca", but it's pronounced (over here) "baca". Correct spelling for shoe is "zapato", but it's pronounced "sapato". We can't rely on their sound for identification. I think the Spanish can, though.

So, if I write "cazar", instead of "casar", the meaning of the phrase will take a whole new turn. "Me voy a cazar" means "I'm going hunting", "Me voy a casar" means "I'm getting married". Etc.

There's also several rules on where these litttle ones (`) go. They're called tildes, if you recall. They mark sound inflections and make a small difference in some words and a big one on the tenses.

"Acabo" is in present/(sometimes)future tense, "acabó" is invariably in past tense.
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 6:26 pm

Thanks, I think I got it. So it's sort of a dialect thing, where the spoken language has changed but the spelling hasn't?
Back to top Go down
Goat
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Goat

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 7:12 pm

Yes, something like that.

The spelling shouldn't really change with the dialect, though, IMHO. If we mangle it a bit when we speak, then I guess that's inevitable, but I hope we always retain the proper spelling; even if we do sometimes go "UGH SPELLING RULES ARE ONLY HERE TO MAKE ME FEEL STUPID".

There was a big upheaval a couple of years ago when the RAE (Royal Spanish Academy), suddenly decide that horrible pronunciations would go on the dictionary, since some of them were widely used. Such monstrosities as "ésito", which should be "éxito", pronounced with an X, like exciting, not a freaking S. That sounds awful. Just imagine "esciting", instead of "exciting". Ick.

Anyway, yeah. We kinda dug our own grave.
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 7:15 pm

If you have firefox, you can put both dictionaries on there. To switch between them, all it takes is R-clicking, go to check spelling, and click the appropriate dictionary. :D
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 10:06 pm

Goat wrote:
Jay/Cris wrote:
Goat wrote:
*snerk*

Not really. I do have spell-check. But since my first language is Spanish and spelling in Spanish is a bit harder than spelling in English, that's the language the spell-checker checks; there are squiggly red lines under anything I write in English.

My other option is opening Word and copy-pasting everything I write onto it. See how that could get boring? I don't do that anymore, because yes, I'm lazy and 98% of the time Word finds nothing wrong with my spelling, so I stopped. My spelling is not atrocious or anything and I can mostly hold my own.

Mikey just needs to find a new hobby.

1.) We're your only important internet friends, spellcheck in English. Razz
2.) My hobby is golf. I can't do THAT when the sun sets, and one can only masturbate so much. So here we are. Colbert
3.) I'm using Firefox, maybe that's what spellchecks stuff. It doesn't matter.
4.) British people don't get to talk about a language they haven't spoke correctly for 230 years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Christ's boner offends churchgoers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2