Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Christ's boner offends churchgoers

Go down 
+20
Jay/Cris
myeerah
theweirdkind
Vespers
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knorg
The Unoriginal
Mikey Go WOOGA
Malganis
Mafiosa
Goat
Verandering
Lady Anne
rae
Trioculus
EileenK98
Sutremaine
Exodia's Right Leg
Raine
ZoZo
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

Christ's boner offends churchgoers Empty
PostSubject: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 4:03 pm

This isn't godawful in the slightest, but then there's no qualification in the name of this forum that the news has to be godawful.

Link!

Really, there's not much to say. That is not a "disdended abdomen". Apparently some news sources are censoring the holy wang.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 4:14 pm

...I can't unsee accidentally misreading this as meaning "Chris-chan".
Back to top Go down
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 5:12 pm

Another case of the super-religious getting so obsessed with obscenity that they see it where they shouldn't.
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 5:19 pm

Crap, what's the name of that one artist who draws all her male characters' genitals like they're pastede on yay? Half her gallery was linked to on GAFF.

That looks like a dick to me, but mostly because it looks entirely unlike a normal abdomen (even a distended one). Abs don't work that way.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 5:20 pm

Nihilist wrote:
Just goes to show, the biggest prudes are secretly enormous pervs.

I saw a massive dick, but come on, there's no denying Jesus would be so gloriously endowed.
I just remembered a joke. Unfortunately, it's much funnier if you tell it in person, but it basically goes:
Why was Jesus a hit with the ladies?
Because he was hung like THIS (hold out arms, in a physical double entendre to denote both crucifixion and the fisherman's "it was this big" pose)
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 5:35 pm

It most likely wasn't intentional, but once you see it, you can't unsee it. And I think that says more about the state of our minds than the state of the Church.
Back to top Go down
Trioculus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Trioculus

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 7:19 pm

Well, maybe the churchgoers' boner for Christ offends me? What do you say to that? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 7:52 pm

EileenK98 wrote:
It most likely wasn't intentional, but once you see it, you can't unsee it. And I think that says more about the state of our minds than the state of the Church.

IAWTC. I think this is exactly what's going on. The anatomy is bad, but look at his arms. They look like twigs. Bad anatomy does not a giant belly-penis make, unless his cock and balls are supposed to be under the skin of his chest. <_< talk about touching the Sacred Heart.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 9:51 pm

It looks like either a badly drawn abdomen or a giant cock.

Hmm...so that's why Mary Magdalene followed Him around!
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 9:57 pm

And thus the Church learned the value of Graphic Design.
Back to top Go down
Goat
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Goat

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 9:59 pm

rae wrote:
EileenK98 wrote:

IAWTC. I think this is exactly what's going on. The anatomy is bad, but look at his arms. They look like twigs. Bad anatomy does not a giant belly-penis make, unless his cock and balls are supposed to be under the skin of his chest. <_< talk about touching the Sacred Heart.
To be fair, that's Christian art. The anatomy is supposed to be bad. It's actually a very good picture of the genre, considering it's done by a modern artist. It might even be a reproduction from the original.

They're just seeing penis where there ain't, 'cause that's how some people roll.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 10:13 pm

Sure is Freudian in here
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 10:29 pm

Goat wrote:
To be fair, that's Christian art. The anatomy is supposed to be bad.

I don't think it's quite "bad anatomy", just heavily stylized.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 10:37 pm

I DON'T SEE A PICTURE AND FEEL I'M MISSING A PART OF INTERNET HISTORY!!1!
Back to top Go down
Goat
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Goat

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 11:15 pm

Malganis wrote:
Goat wrote:

Not quite, though that is part of it.

The difference being that, say, Gothic art is 100% stylized, while Christian art is supposed to be fairly "ugly" (notice the quotation marks, please), so that the illiterate masses focused on the devine message depicted, instead of marvelling at the earthly beauty of the human body/art.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 11:32 pm

Goat wrote:
Malganis wrote:
Goat wrote:

Not quite, though that is part of it.

The difference being that, say, Gothic art is 100% stylized, while Christian art is supposed to be fairly "ugly" (notice the quotation marks, please), so that the illiterate masses focused on the devine message depicted, instead of marvelling at the earthly beauty of the human body/art.

Divine.

Marveling.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What you need to do is get you a spellchecker of some sort. I had one with the little Google Toolbar, and it's the only reason I saw marveling.
Back to top Go down
Goat
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Goat

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 12:03 am

You're spellchecking my posts now? Ugh.

imma stard wrrting liek dis ntil it gits ould

So quit it.
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 3:39 am

Looks like a "dirt is in the eye of the beholder" (or "Problem Is Located Between Your Ears") case, compounded with a poor understanding of anatony on the artist's part, perhaps. I could take out my Religion schoolbook and testify that I drew better six-packs when I was ten: shading and highlighting does not work that way.
Also: actual medieval crucifixes are even worse regarding the presence of alleged comedies:

1210: Link
1257: Link
1268: Link
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:33 am

Just goes to show Jesus had a hard time on the cross.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:20 am

This is RIDICULOUS. It's been there for 10 years, it's an image commissioned years ago, and NOW people are getting offended?
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Vespers
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Vespers

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:58 am

Here is one of the less oddly-stylized versions:

You can see where the penis shape came from, but it's actually vaguely abdomen-looking on this one.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 6:39 am

Vespers wrote:
Here is one of the less oddly-stylized versions:

You can see where the penis shape came from, but it's actually vaguely abdomen-looking on this one.
It's the eyes that I noticed on this one. Jesus looks like an alien! (Actually, that would explain a whole lot.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 6:52 am

Vespers wrote:
And not only is it not as penis-looking as the modern one, but the way it's painted makes it clear that it's a part of the torso. The modern one uses the same darkness of line for Jesus' pecs, legs, and abdomen, so it's easy for the eye to interpret them either way and let the brain try and pick out the correct interpretation.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 11:03 am

Goat wrote:
You're spellchecking my posts now? Ugh.

imma stard wrrting liek dis ntil it gits ould

So quit it.

The thingy underlines misspelled words automatically. So when I hit the quote button and your post was put into the text box, it underlined "marvellous". Colbert

I'm so much better at grammar than you I act superior on accident. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 11:25 am

You're using software to correct other people's posts? Do it from what you know yourself, you cheater. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christ's boner offends churchgoers   Christ's boner offends churchgoers Empty

Back to top Go down

Christ's boner offends churchgoers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next