Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Scariest Moments in Video Games

Go down 
+24
SirDixonDongs
Steampunk
Electron Blue
Just Chipper
kleine_kat
Miss Prince
GamemasterAnthony
Psy-4
TheHermit
Lembech
Somath Cegem
Adagio
Anon
Mikey Go WOOGA
Yubisaki
Aggie
Maximilia
Dee
DarthDarthington
TheHedonist
Penguin
InkWeaver
Mafiosa
theweirdkind
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GamemasterAnthony
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
GamemasterAnthony

Scariest Moments in Video Games - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moments in Video Games   Scariest Moments in Video Games - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 8:12 am

While not exactly scary, I stopped playing one game because I kept jumping in my seat because of something that kept popping up.

In Witchaven, a FP-RPG like game, as you go through the areas every once in a while a ghostly face pops up and comes right at you. This scared the shit out of me at first and after having to see it happen a lot it started to annoy me.
Back to top Go down
Adagio
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Adagio

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moments in Video Games   Scariest Moments in Video Games - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 10:07 am

DarthDarthington wrote:
Adagio wrote:
That said: Ocarina of Time

That reminds me:

The first time I saw the Redeads. Bloody hell.

Also, the Shadow Temple. The music haunted my dreams for days after I initially heard it.

Only reason I didn't put the ReDeads in my first post is because they're pretty much a given as far as video game frights go. Jesus fuck those things are terrifying.

Also, oh man. The Shadow Temple. Second only to the Water Temple in terms of frustration and confusion, Floormasters and ReDeads everywhere, the constant messages about "Hyrule's bloody history of greed and hatred" in that one claustrophobic room, the monster with the giant pale arms and the long neck and oh god what is that Upset

Speaking of ReDeads, though, there's also the fact that their corpses don't disappear like other monsters'—or rather, like monsters'. That's one more subtly terrifying thing about them.

Lembech wrote:
So, um, HOW'S ABOUT THEMS RIVER TWYGZ.
I just...

I don't even...

Scary music. And Paper Mario. HOW DOES THIS EVEN COMPUTE
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moments in Video Games   Scariest Moments in Video Games - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 10:13 am

Definitely agreeing on ReDeads. But only the OoT ones, really; the Wind Waker ReDeads weren't nearly as terrifying.

Ooh, another Zelda scare: the grinning devil-moon crashing into Termina in Majora's Mask. I was deliberately letting time run out to see what would happen and almost couldn't go through with it. Of course I was probably twelve at the time, so...
Back to top Go down
Psy-4
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moments in Video Games   Scariest Moments in Video Games - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 9:41 pm

Can we please stick to scary, creepy, and unnerving stuff, while leaving out jump out scares and the fact that your younger self is a pussy? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Adagio
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Adagio

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moments in Video Games   Scariest Moments in Video Games - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 6:40 am

Hey, I'm still incredibly freaked out by ReDeads. They count, so there. *sticks tongue out*

I'm not sure about the Shadow Temple, but that's mainly because I haven't played through it in years. (That pale thing with the hands, however, is still creepy as fuck.)
Back to top Go down
kleine_kat
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
kleine_kat

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moments in Video Games   Scariest Moments in Video Games - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 9:02 am

I was creeped out by Phantasmagoria one, like, from chapter 2. Which is pretty damn amazing, because NOTHING HAPPENS. Just the music was enough to give me goose bumps. Well, that, and the fear that I might find the snake thing from the trailer next to the peanut butter--and the snake thing never appears in the whole damn game!

Then the last cd malfunctioned and I traded it in for Gabriel Knight, which has a terrible scene in the African veve-temple, with the zombies trying to catch you and the cursor moving just too slowly to grab the right vine.
Back to top Go down
Just Chipper
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Just Chipper

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moments in Video Games   Scariest Moments in Video Games - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 6:22 pm

Doom 64 was, and still is to an extent, extremely difficult for me to play through because of Final FUCKING OUTPOST

Seriously the level isn't even that much of a problem, only, that fucking background music.
Back to top Go down
Electron Blue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Electron Blue

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moments in Video Games   Scariest Moments in Video Games - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2010 9:07 am

System. Fucking. Shock. The first game only had a few that stuck out for me, such as the end of the game, when you attack SHODAN in cyberspace and her face starts to fill the screen and ohgodhelp. Also, Deck 3 was scary because it was full of invisible mutants.

The second game, though. Ooooh yeah. The voice of the Many and SHODAN were fucking creepy as hell, not helped by the Hybrid's tendency to scream "KILL ME!" or "Silence the discord". Oh yeah, and that one room with all the self-destructing protocol droids that chase after you, trying to be helpful but all they do is kill you. The audio logs of people turning into servants of the Many too. Oh! And the FUCKING cyborg midwives, Jesus CHRIST. That voice and the way they were created....

Fuck, that's a good game. I should play it again.
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moments in Video Games   Scariest Moments in Video Games - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2010 12:28 pm

System Shock 2 is the only game that made me out-and-out scream in terror. So fucking good.
Back to top Go down
Steampunk

Steampunk

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moments in Video Games   Scariest Moments in Video Games - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 11:28 am

Resident Evil
I had never played the game before, and so I didn't know what to expect. I worked as a manager at an EB at the time, and someone brought in a used copy two weeks after release. After the store closed, I sat down in the back and started playing it (to test the disk, of course). I got rather hooked, and played it for several hours, my part timer hanging out with me and giving me pointers. But, there was the part where I was walking down the corridor and it was silent, and the damned zombie dogs came smashing through the windows. Scared me so bad I sat still and didn't even blink as they ate me alive.

I reloaded my game and this time they didn't get me.
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moments in Video Games   Scariest Moments in Video Games - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 11:32 am

captain novolin
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moments in Video Games   Scariest Moments in Video Games - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:38 pm

Bump.

From Star Trek Online:

First 20 seconds or so from here.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It doesn't seem that scary to me now, but I nearly shit myself the first time I did that mission. The hints that the place was "full of crazy" as video narrator says were obviously a bit too subtle for me the first time around, so I wasn't expecting it.
Back to top Go down
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moments in Video Games   Scariest Moments in Video Games - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 9:54 pm

Meh, the only thing approaching scary that I found in a modern game was the ghost in Okami that's unaffected by the celestial brush timestop. That surprised me quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
ViewSonic
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
ViewSonic

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moments in Video Games   Scariest Moments in Video Games - Page 2 EmptySat May 25, 2013 4:36 pm

Skyward Sword
Fuck you Guardians. Fuck you all to hell.
Back to top Go down
QuantumProlapse

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moments in Video Games   Scariest Moments in Video Games - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 6:04 pm

Cry Of Fear's prologue, had to fear quit several times before finally deciding to lower the sound and back-pedal into the jumpscare trigger so it screams into Simons ass instead of his face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moments in Video Games   Scariest Moments in Video Games - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Scariest Moments in Video Games
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2