Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Need help with medical treatment in fic

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mistressminako

mistressminako

Need help with medical treatment in fic Empty
PostSubject: Need help with medical treatment in fic   Need help with medical treatment in fic EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 11:50 pm

I'm currently working on a story that involves a character losing his arm. This is a canon injury and one that's a fairly sensitive topic for the character in question. Said character also has a replacement arm made out of some kind of metal (this is not Fullmetal Alchemist) which ends halfway through his upper arm and is strong enough to catch a half-ton spike aimed at his head.

I was wondering if any medically-minded person out there could help me write initial care of the injury and perhaps brainstorm up ideas about how his replacement arm works (it has some... special equipment, vague because said character missing his arm is a spoiler). Also I could use some help on the other incidental injuries said character incurs from the event that caused him to lose his arm in the first place; i.e.: crashing his motorcycle into a brick wall.
Back to top Go down
Snoof
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snoof

Need help with medical treatment in fic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help with medical treatment in fic   Need help with medical treatment in fic EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 3:02 am

mistressminako wrote:
I'm currently working on a story that involves a character losing his arm. This is a canon injury and one that's a fairly sensitive topic for the character in question. Said character also has a replacement arm made out of some kind of metal (this is not Fullmetal Alchemist) which ends halfway through his upper arm and is strong enough to catch a half-ton spike aimed at his head.

I was wondering if any medically-minded person out there could help me write initial care of the injury and perhaps brainstorm up ideas about how his replacement arm works (it has some... special equipment, vague because said character missing his arm is a spoiler). Also I could use some help on the other incidental injuries said character incurs from the event that caused him to lose his arm in the first place; i.e.: crashing his motorcycle into a brick wall.
What kind of medical technology are we talking about here? Because the obvious cause would be gangrene or some other nasty infection which necessitated amputation. Even a comparatively small injury can end up really, really nasty if it's untreated.

Alternately, perhaps it was crushed or mangled or burned beyond repair, and was amputated because hey, cyberlimb's better than a useless lump of meat (or again, because the flesh is dead and beginning to putrefy, which is freaking dangerous). Industrial accidents are common causes of injuries like that, as well as combat.

Aside from that... cut off by some insanely sharp blade, perhaps?
Back to top Go down

Need help with medical treatment in fic
Page 1 of 1