Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mother allowed children to quietly starve

Go down 
+3
KelinciHutan
Raine
Malganis
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

Mother allowed children to quietly starve Empty
PostSubject: Mother allowed children to quietly starve   Mother allowed children to quietly starve EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 11:37 pm

Link.

Quote :
Over three months in 2006, as her five children grew more
emaciated and listless by the day, Estelle Walker made no
move to find a job, no effort to scrounge up a meal, her
kids told a jury yesterday.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"We were supposed to wait for God to provide,"
said Walker's oldest daughter, now 21. "And
that's what we did."

Yeah well, I'm a Christian, both of my parents are, and none of us just sit around on our collective asses waiting for stuff to fall out of heaven into our laps for us. This woman has given her children such a warped conception of how God works that she deserves to be thumped with an entire Christian bookstore's worth of Bibles.

Quote :
At one point, the daughter said, she and her siblings went
11 days without food. When police were at last summoned to
the Sussex County cabin by neighbors, investigators found
the children so malnourished they had difficulty talking.

More than three years later, three of the siblings took the
stand in a Newton courtroom, describing how their mother
watched them nearly starve.

Those poor, poor kids... Crying or Very sad

Quote :
Walker, 50, of Brooklyn, is charged with four counts of
second-degree child endangerment. If convicted, she faces up
to 10 years in prison on each count. Walker was not charged
in connection with her oldest child because she was a legal
adult at the time.

The young woman and her two siblings -- a 16-year-old sister
and a 15-year-old brother, betrayed no resentment toward
their mother, speaking in soft, even tones.

Under questioning by Sussex County Assistant Prosecutor
Frances Koch, they said Walker never tried to get any
assistance for her family, either from her estranged husband
or from other relatives. She likewise avoided seeking help
from two churches near the Hopatcong cabin where they had
been staying, the children said.

Wow, so she ignored the very charitable institutions put in place by her local churches. You know how God commanded the churchs in the New Testament to help the widows and orphans? Yeah, that sort of thing.

Apparently she's been deemed mentally competent to stand trial.... I guess we'll have to see how this goes.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Mother allowed children to quietly starve   Mother allowed children to quietly starve EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 1:03 am

What was she waiting for? Mana from heaven?

D:
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: Mother allowed children to quietly starve   Mother allowed children to quietly starve EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 6:30 am

You know that joke about the woman in the flood?

The flood waters rise and rise, and she refuses to evacuate saying, "God will save me." A truck comes by, before the roads close but she turns it down. Then a boat full of civilians comes by, and she turns that down. At this point, she's on the roof of her porch and a Coast Guard rescue boat comes by, but she turns them down saying, "God will save me." Finally, the water is so high, she's forced to climb to the very apex of the roof of her house and a helicopter comes and throws her a ladder, but she won't climb up, saying "God will save me." The flood waters rise some more and she's swept away and drowns.

When she arrives in Heaven and meets God, she looks at Him and asks, "I waited for you. Why didn't you save me?"

God replies, "I sent you a truck, two boats, and a helicopter!"

All of that to say, yes, the Lord does move in mysterious ways. But He moves in ordinary ones, too, and that's fine. You cannot put limits on how you will and will not accept the gifts God gives you. Like grocery stores with food in them, and local churches with food to give to you.

At least the kids are alive.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Mother allowed children to quietly starve   Mother allowed children to quietly starve EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 6:35 am

God helps those who help themselves, and so does your imaginary friend.
Back to top Go down
Ayezur

Ayezur

PostSubject: Re: Mother allowed children to quietly starve   Mother allowed children to quietly starve EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 8:42 am

On the bright side: at least to kids got out.

I'm kind of terrified that the woman was found competent to stand trial, though. I mean, I get it: legally she's not crazy unless she exhibits no awareness whatsoever of right and wrong. But still. She's clearly got an entire Home Depot's worth of loose screws up there.
Back to top Go down
http://lookingforwater.livejournal.com/
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Mother allowed children to quietly starve   Mother allowed children to quietly starve EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 12:37 pm

It shows a lot about how brainwashed the kids were that they made no effort to provide for themselves. They weren't little kids--they were adolescents (and one adult). The adult child could have looked for a job, applied for food stamps, etc. Even if those things weren't available, there's always the possibility of begging for or stealing food. As one who lives in an extremely impoverished area, I can tell you that a lot of kids manage to get something to eat even if there's no money and their parents can't or won't make any effort to provide for them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Mother allowed children to quietly starve   Mother allowed children to quietly starve EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 6:34 pm

What frightens me is that I know people like this in real life (leftovers from my church going days). My parents trusted the Lord, but they also took us kids to the doctor when we were sick and made sure we got our vaccinations. As someone said, the Lord helps those who help themselves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mother allowed children to quietly starve   Mother allowed children to quietly starve Empty

Back to top Go down

Mother allowed children to quietly starve
Page 1 of 1