Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wanna buy a football fan's loyalty? You can now on eBay!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
quamp
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
quamp

Wanna buy a football fan's loyalty? You can now on eBay! Empty
PostSubject: Wanna buy a football fan's loyalty? You can now on eBay!   Wanna buy a football fan's loyalty? You can now on eBay! EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 5:41 pm

This one I'm putting under antidotes because it made me laugh.

Story here

Quote :
In response to the Dallas Cowboys woes of late, one fan has taken it upon himself to withdrawal his loyalty to the team, and give it to the highest bidder--literally. The man put his allegiance up for grabs on eBay recently, offering to "begin rooting for, and become a die hard fan of , any NFL team of the winning bidder's choosing. "

Hmm... I wonder what I can get for my fan loyalty? I need the money...

Quote :
That said, the auction should deftly illustrate the general sense of estrangement and alienation felt by a great deal of fans--and aside from that, it's kind of funny.

The guy does a solid job in the product (read: his loyalty) description in recounting the numerous transgressions on the part of ownership over the past two decades, from Jerry Jones' handling of Tom Landry, to his all-too-proud stance with respect to Jimmy Johnson, to the thirteen-year playoff drought, by which fans are still maligned.

The Cowboy's history, though, is a bit better than some other teams. When was the last time Detroit won the superbowl?

Quote :
What's more, half of the winning bid will go to the Susan G. Komen For the Cure foundation, a world-renowned charity aimed at raising awareness of, and a cure for breast cancer.

Well, that makes it even more worthwhile, doesn't it?

Here's a link to the auction. two bids so far, both a whopping one cent!
It comes with a seven-day money back guarantee as well!
Who could resist a deal like that? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://quamp.deviantart.com

Wanna buy a football fan's loyalty? You can now on eBay!
Page 1 of 1