Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sextette starring Mae West with special appearances by Ringo Starr, Regis Philbin, and Alice Cooper

Go down 
+2
Aggie
Alex89
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex89

Alex89

Sextette starring Mae West with special appearances by Ringo Starr, Regis Philbin, and Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Sextette starring Mae West with special appearances by Ringo Starr, Regis Philbin, and Alice Cooper   Sextette starring Mae West with special appearances by Ringo Starr, Regis Philbin, and Alice Cooper EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 10:03 am

Hi, I'm a long time lurker who though I'd post about my favorite bad movie.

Sextette is a film from the late 1970's starring an eighty-something Mae West as a sexy actress who just married her sixth husband, played by the thirty-something Timothy Dalton. I actually LOVE this movie. It's so campy and funny I think it goes well into "so bad it's good" territory. A lot of people would disagree with me and most online reviewers consider it downright unwatchable.

The basic concept of the movie revolves around the elderly Mae West being so incredibly sexy that every young man she comes in contact with wants to jump her bones. I love Mae West and I think she looked pretty good for her age, but it still stretched credibility.

The movie is set in a hotel where West's character, Marlo Manners is on her honeymoon. There is also some sort of U.N. like conference going on at the hotel with world leaders and some generic American athletic team staying there. Regis Philbin's cameo is early on where he plays a reporter covering the conference. Look out for familiar faces because a lot of other celebrities appear throughout the movie. My favorite is Alice Cooper, who is seen as a piano player without his famous make-up.

Three of Marlo's ex-husbands are at the hotel that weekend. A movie director (played by Ringo Starr), some Russian guy, and a gangster played by George Hamilton. This movie is not about the "plot" but there are three main ones:

1. Marlo and her new husband Sir Barrington trying to consummate her marriage but getting interrupted at every turn. Also apparently the press thinks he's gay, which would make sense if the film portrayed Marlo as an older gay icon type rather than the young hot A-list starlet everyone else seems to see her as. That just would've made more sense.
2. Marlo is recruited by some government agency thats not the CIA to sleep with, or at least say saucy one-liners to, so he he won't disrupt the kinda U.N. like thing that's going on. There's also something about a tape with Marlo's memoirs that keeps getting lost and has top-secret information on it or something.
3. Marlo's other two ex-husbands make attempts to sleep with. Also one of them thinks he's still married to her. She thought he was dead.

There are musical numbers as well. Did I mention those?

Have a taste.

I don't know if you could call that singing.

The best part is the ending. I wish I could find a clip of that. The husband had left Marlo to go on his yacht because he was sad about her ex-husbands crashing their honeymoon. She sneaks on board, comforts him, and they finally consummate their marriage. It ends with the line "The British are coming!" and a shot of a cannon going off.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Aggie

Sextette starring Mae West with special appearances by Ringo Starr, Regis Philbin, and Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sextette starring Mae West with special appearances by Ringo Starr, Regis Philbin, and Alice Cooper   Sextette starring Mae West with special appearances by Ringo Starr, Regis Philbin, and Alice Cooper EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 2:26 pm

Alex89 wrote:
2. Marlo is recruited by some government agency thats not the CIA to sleep with, or at least say saucy one-liners to...

...yes? Sleep with who exactly?

Alex89 wrote:
3. Marlo's other two ex-husbands make attempts to sleep with. Also one of them thinks he's still married to her. She thought he was dead.

Sleep with her or each other? Seriously, you need to start finishing sentences instead of just plowing through.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Sextette starring Mae West with special appearances by Ringo Starr, Regis Philbin, and Alice Cooper   Sextette starring Mae West with special appearances by Ringo Starr, Regis Philbin, and Alice Cooper EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 3:08 pm

I'm guessing Regis doesn't mention this movie much on his career resume. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Alex89

Alex89

PostSubject: Re: Sextette starring Mae West with special appearances by Ringo Starr, Regis Philbin, and Alice Cooper   Sextette starring Mae West with special appearances by Ringo Starr, Regis Philbin, and Alice Cooper EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 5:20 pm

Aggie wrote:
Alex89 wrote:
2. Marlo is recruited by some government agency thats not the CIA to sleep with, or at least say saucy one-liners to...

...yes? Sleep with who exactly?

Alex89 wrote:

Sleep with her or each other? Seriously, you need to start finishing sentences instead of just plowing through.

I'm sorry I should've looked over my post better before I hit submit. She is sent by the not CIA to sleep with her Russian ex-husband. Her other two ex-husbands are trying to sleep with her even though she just married someone else and is on her honeymoon.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Sextette starring Mae West with special appearances by Ringo Starr, Regis Philbin, and Alice Cooper   Sextette starring Mae West with special appearances by Ringo Starr, Regis Philbin, and Alice Cooper EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 6:10 pm

Nothing involving Alice Cooper could possibly be bad. Razz
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Sextette starring Mae West with special appearances by Ringo Starr, Regis Philbin, and Alice Cooper   Sextette starring Mae West with special appearances by Ringo Starr, Regis Philbin, and Alice Cooper EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 7:39 pm

Oh, god. She never ever changes expression, does she?
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Sextette starring Mae West with special appearances by Ringo Starr, Regis Philbin, and Alice Cooper   Sextette starring Mae West with special appearances by Ringo Starr, Regis Philbin, and Alice Cooper EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 7:51 pm

rae wrote:
Oh, god. She never ever changes expression, does she?

I don't think she can. This would've been in the pre-Botox era, so I imagine they've got the make-up caked on so thick, if she were to smile, her face would start cracking and pieces would fall off.

She also doesn't move around very much. Mostly, she just stands in one spot looking like an escapee from Madam Tussad's.

However, Alex is right. It IS so bad it's funny.
Back to top Go down

Sextette starring Mae West with special appearances by Ringo Starr, Regis Philbin, and Alice Cooper
Page 1 of 1