Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men

Go down 
+8
Chocho
KelinciHutan
Waffles
Trioculus
The Unoriginal
Verandering
Root Admin
Dr. Professor Science
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

Location : One of the guys with the giant papier-mâché dongs in Lysistrata

The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men Empty
PostSubject: The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men   The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 11:22 pm

By this point, chances are good that you've clicked on our thread about Farfalla, the Kitten in a Mitten =^-^= and seen her truly outstanding art. If you haven't you truly must, for it is a sight that has never before been experienced throughout the whole of human history. A number of us here at Why God Why have been so inspired by this artist that we are moved - almost by a force beyond ourselves - to pay homage to her.

The Challenge
As a loving tribute to her, you, the participant, are to take one of Farfalla's Spirkartoons (that's Kirk/Spock art cartoons) either out of the thread or from her website and re-imagine it. This can be one of her drawings or one of her photo manipulations, it doesn't matter so long as it's by Farfalla. You are to take this image and re-draw it. It doesn't have to be good; not all of us have Farfalla's talent. Because Farfalla has put such emphasis on flowers and her Masters in horticulture, your image must in some way include flowers or foliage.

We are going to find out if anyone can make these pictures any good.

When you post your image, it will be reposted to our deviantART account, "Spirkartoon Studios". From there, we'll just see how many favourites, views, and comments we rack up. This isn't a contest to see who gets the most views, it's just for fun and to cause a bit of a stir over at dA if someone figures it out.

Rules

1. This might seem obvious, but the source image must be by Farfalla.

2. Feel free to play with the image and composition a bit, but whatever the product is must mostly resemble the original. Bonus points if you copy the composition directly or if you try to interpret unidentifyable shapes in the background as real objects.

3. Your image must include flowers, plants, or butterflies, preferably really garish ones like over on Farfalla's website.

4. Don't let anyone know the image was made as a joke. At some point, if drama doesn't start on its own, we might leak what's going on to the fanbrats, but don't do it unless the entire site agrees on it.

5. You are allowed to whore your images around LiveJournal or wherever it is you kids hang out these days, but once again do not reveal that there is any sarcasm behind them.

6. When you post an image, you get the password to the dA account. You can use this to attention-grab to your cold, black heart's extent. However, sabotage will not be taken lightly.

I'll update this post with links to people's art pieces on dA and such when the time comes. Keep in mind that there are no deadlines other than just when we get bored with this.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men   The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 10:53 pm

Oh, the thread with all the images is here. And question: is a thread where we can get concrit on our drawings (if any of us want to take it to that level), a good idea?
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men   The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 12:10 am

Yes that's a very good idea.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

PostSubject: Re: The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men   The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 2:28 am

Yeah, no problem. You could post them here or over in the In Progress forum, up to you. It's probably cleaner to keep everything in here, though.
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men   The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 6:53 am

I call dibs on the frisbee one - I've been trying my hand at water patterns for a while and found a good reference pic in Flickr.

Does the Enterprise really have a swimming pool or it's just the holodeck?
Back to top Go down
Trioculus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Trioculus

PostSubject: Re: The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men   The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 4:13 pm

The Unoriginal wrote:
I call dibs on the frisbee one - I've been trying my hand at water patterns for a while and found a good reference pic in Flickr.

Does the Enterprise really have a swimming pool or it's just the holodeck?

I can't speak for the TOS Enterprise, but I know the Refit/Movie I-VI version does. It's on T- Deck near the back of the Secondary Hull, aft of the Botanical Garden. It was never seen onscreen, but it's in the deck plans I've seen online, and mentioned in Mr. Scott's Guide To the Enterprise. [/nerd voice]
Back to top Go down
Waffles
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Waffles

PostSubject: Re: The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men   The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 12:28 am

Stop making fun of Farfalla, she is a real feminist and truly wonderful at bashing those terrible men and making them look as terrible as they really are.
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men   The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 10:42 am

So far, so good.

Now here's hoping I don't fuck the foreground up. I'm updating this as I go because I'm not a fan of picspamming my stuff all over the place. This is all going to be realistic, it's just easier for me to place stuff with base colors and a vague outlining before I render them. Just needing to put the shadows on the left side, render the lighting on top, and add flowers.

Spoiler:

Also: WHERE DO I PUT THE FLOWERS

Last edited by Nihilist on Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:16 pm; edited 11 times in total (Reason for editing : I keep updating this)
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

PostSubject: Re: The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men   The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 1:24 pm

Oh wow I didn't expect you to put quite this much effort into the contest. Spock looks great, though his nose is a tad on the flat side. It could maybe use a few more blenders, as well...

Is it bad that for a moment I thought that the tribble was Shatner's toupee?

Last edited by Dr. Professor Science on Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men   The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 2:00 am

ALL DONE.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Nihilist on Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men   The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 11:49 pm

WOAH, that's absolutely EPIC Nihilist! Nice work. XD
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

PostSubject: Re: The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men   The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 2:18 pm

My god, it's fantastic! I expected quick crummy sketches when I announced this thing. Very well done.
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men   The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 2:42 pm

The tribble is eating teh flowers! Ahahahaha!!!

*dies laughing*
Back to top Go down
Chocho
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Chocho

PostSubject: Re: The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men   The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 3:03 pm

Kirk's face is absolutely perfect, Nihilist. I am re-watching Star Trek: TOS season 1 right now, and it couldn't be any closer.
Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

PostSubject: Re: The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men   The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 4:56 pm

'Tis a thing of beauty.

Also, am I the only one seeing angry teeth on the blender half at the bottom?
Back to top Go down
Tungsten Monk
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Tungsten Monk

PostSubject: Re: The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men   The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 6:26 pm

myeerah wrote:
'Tis a thing of beauty.

Also, am I the only one seeing angry teeth on the blender half at the bottom?

You were. Now I can't stop seeing them. 0_0

Amazing work, Nihilist! 'Course, now I'm not going near this challenge because I could never beat the flower-munching tribble . . .
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men   The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 6:37 pm

Tungsten Monk wrote:

Amazing work, Nihilist! 'Course, now I'm not going near this challenge because I could never beat the flower-munching tribble . . .

Aw, geez, post anyway. Thanks for the praise, everyone, but just because I posted that doesn't mean that you shouldn't post too. There isn't a winner, it's just for fun. Don't suck the fun out of it.
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men   The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 10:16 pm

That is an awsome picture. I would post but it would make your eyeballs bleed.
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men   The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 10:20 pm

bleachedblackcat wrote:
That is an awsome picture. I would post but it would make your eyeballs bleed.

I want to see it. The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men 8638
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men   The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 6:08 am

Yeah come on, doods. This isn't a Who Has The Best Skills contest, just have fun with it! I'll be making mine once I dig my head out of the JoJo pit long enough.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men   The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 1:56 pm

Nihilist, I love your work, but could you shrink it down a bit so I can see the whole thing without scrolling every which way?
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men   The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 12:02 pm

May I do something from one of Faralla's stories or is the challenge limited to her wonderful art?
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men   The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 12:04 pm

I sketched something last night. I'll post it when it's inked and colored. I thought about colored pencils, but I might go with digital color.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men   The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 2:56 pm

OK, it's finished. I was halfway through when I remembered that plants or butterflies was one of the requirements. So, the butterflies are admittedly clip art. I couldn't figure out how they were supposed to be kissing and talking at the same time, so maybe they've learned some form of Vulcan telepathy.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

PostSubject: Re: The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men   The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 9:45 pm

bleachedblackcat wrote:
May I do something from one of Faralla's stories or is the challenge limited to her wonderful art?
Yeah, you can adapt one her stories. Be sure to include a quote of the passage, though, as well as a link to the story.

Yay, Melissa! I'm so glad someone overcame the intimidation of Nihilist's art and posted something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men   The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men Empty

Back to top Go down

The Farfalla Challenge: Truly, she is a god among men
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next