Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rehab staff 'killed web addict'

Go down 
+19
EileenK98
Delcat
Snoof
KGarrett
DeeDee
Mikey Go WOOGA
unskilled78
Psy-4
Narwhal
Rabid Badger
Chaltab
KelinciHutan
Lady Anne
grmblfjx
saeku
ZoZo
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Mafiosa
Lexin
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

Rehab staff 'killed web addict' - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rehab staff 'killed web addict'   Rehab staff 'killed web addict' - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 12:41 pm

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
China is the only COUNTRY that has a region code ALL TO ITSELF.
This may come as a shock to you, but China is a very, very big country.

Also, you know those portable DVD players you can get? I've never tried any of Asian manufacture, but at least some of the ones from the US will not only play pretty much any region DVD you stick in there, but will also play VCDs and music CDs without so much as batting an eye. Not all DVD players are created equal.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Rehab staff 'killed web addict'   Rehab staff 'killed web addict' - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 1:40 pm

No, you idiot. Look at this colour by numbers region codes thing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Look. No matter how big or small, all the other codes spread over multiple countries. Some of them very far apart. Even the US shares its region code with Canada. China is the only country that shares its region code with nobody. If you buy a DVD in China, you must watch it with a player built for China. And vice versa. You can't watch DVDs that aren't sold in China. That's a lot of control of content going down.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
saeku
Fapmaster
Fapmaster

PostSubject: Re: Rehab staff 'killed web addict'   Rehab staff 'killed web addict' - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 2:11 pm

If you buy a DVD in China, you must watch it with a player built for China. And vice versa. You can't watch DVDs that aren't sold in China. That's a lot of control of content going down.
You assume that the region coding is to prevent non-Chinese DVDs from entering China, instead of preventing Chinese DVDs from getting out.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Rehab staff 'killed web addict'   Rehab staff 'killed web addict' - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 2:15 pm

It does both pretty well.

One of the purposes of region coding is price control (which is why we in the UK pay twice the price that you USAians do) and the other is content control (which is why we get all the really awesome extended scenes of sex, torture and murder).
Back to top Go down
A_Note_Chaotic
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Rehab staff 'killed web addict'   Rehab staff 'killed web addict' - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 2:38 pm

While I believe that internet and video game addiction do exist, this certainly isn't the appropriate mode of treatment and I feel very sad for the kid's family.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Rehab staff 'killed web addict'   Rehab staff 'killed web addict' - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 2:45 pm

the other is content control (which is why we get all the really awesome extended scenes of sex, torture and murder).

Speaking of which, I saw Brüno the other day. Do you have the "meatspin" scenes and all the other penis shots in other countries?
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Rehab staff 'killed web addict'   Rehab staff 'killed web addict' - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 2:48 pm

I don't know, I never saw it... but this is Europe, where those countries are - and there is a country called Kazachstan.
Back to top Go down
saeku
Fapmaster
Fapmaster

PostSubject: Re: Rehab staff 'killed web addict'   Rehab staff 'killed web addict' - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 3:03 pm

I don't know, I never saw it... but this is Europe, where those countries are - and there is a country called Kazachstan.
a) You're thinking of Borat. Brüno is set in America.
b) Borat is also set in America.
c) There is, in fact, no country called "Kazachstan."
d) What did any of that have to do with the question she asked you?
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Rehab staff 'killed web addict'   Rehab staff 'killed web addict' - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 3:11 pm

Well there IS a country called Kazakhstan.

It's not my fault if I spelt it wrong.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Rehab staff 'killed web addict'   Rehab staff 'killed web addict' - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 8:36 pm

Harley, one day, I will go to Ireland with my grandmother to handle some family tree things. I will find you Harley.

And I'm going to smack you around the head until your neurons fire correctly.
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Rehab staff 'killed web addict'   Rehab staff 'killed web addict' - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 11:02 pm

Lapin wrote:
Harley, one day, I will go to Ireland with my grandmother to handle some family tree things. I will find you Harley.

I thought she lived in England and had family in Ireland. scratch
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Rehab staff 'killed web addict'   Rehab staff 'killed web addict' - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 12:13 am

Harley wrote:
The point is that the UK shares a region code
with the rest of Europe, the Middle East, Japan, Greenland and South
Africa (the country),

. . .

Is there a city called South Africa? scratch If there it, I bet it's in France. Fucking French.

grmblfjx wrote:
the other is
content control (which is why we get all the really awesome extended
scenes of sex, torture and murder).

Speaking of which, I saw Brüno the other day. Do you have the "meatspin" scenes and all the other penis shots in other countries?

I'm suddenly very glad I never saw that movie.

Harley wrote:

Rehab staff 'killed web addict' - Page 2 724940

Whose fault is it, then?

Hint: It's not the fault of The Rich or Bush.

Another Hint: It's PROBABLY Obama's fault. Razz
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: Rehab staff 'killed web addict'   Rehab staff 'killed web addict' - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 5:40 am

Never mind. I really should know by now not to post before I've had caffeine.

Last edited by KelinciHutan on Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Rehab staff 'killed web addict'   Rehab staff 'killed web addict' - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 6:26 am

theweirdkind wrote:
Lapin wrote:

I thought she lived in England and had family in Ireland. scratch

How can we get Harley's geography right if she can't?

You know, there used to be an old saw about gun control, and how we might as well blame pencils for spelling errors. I never imagined I'd live to see someone try to actually shift spelling responsibility before.

I think that Harley should be submitted for scientific study. If her head isn't a perfect vacuum, she is surely a stupidity singularity.
Back to top Go down
A_Note_Chaotic
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Rehab staff 'killed web addict'   Rehab staff 'killed web addict' - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 9:47 am

Off Topic: Why isn't there a bad movie thread for Bruno and Borat? They're both so awful. I couldn't get through the first five minutes of Borat, and I didn't even watch commercials for Bruno, although I did hear about the meatspin thing, which is so wrong. Did ANYONE like these movies?

On Topic: Did this kid's family consent to this treatment?
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Rehab staff 'killed web addict'   Rehab staff 'killed web addict' - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 9:52 am

There's a country called South Africa. I don't think there's a city called South Africa.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Rehab staff 'killed web addict'   Rehab staff 'killed web addict' - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 11:15 am

A_Note_Chaotic wrote:
Off Topic: Why isn't there a bad movie thread for Bruno and Borat? They're both so awful. I couldn't get through the first five minutes of Borat, and I didn't even watch commercials for Bruno, although I did hear about the meatspin thing, which is so wrong. Did ANYONE like these movies?
Haven't seen Bruno yet, but I loved Borat. Sascha Baron-Cohen is very good at expressing clever, interesting points through silly comedy.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Rehab staff 'killed web addict'   Rehab staff 'killed web addict' - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 11:53 am

ZoZo wrote:
A_Note_Chaotic wrote:
Haven't seen Bruno yet, but I loved Borat. Sascha Baron-Cohen is very good at expressing clever, interesting points through silly comedy.
I haven't seen Borat (and I might not like it because the Borat character is the epitome of the type of guy I find visually repulsive), but I loved Brüno. I haven't laughed this hard at an actual movie since, I think, ever.
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Rehab staff 'killed web addict'   Rehab staff 'killed web addict' - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 11:58 am

A_Note_Chaotic wrote:

Both of those movies were nothing short of brilliant, Borat being more so. They were hilarious and chock full of clever social commentary. That guy should receive an award for the danger he put himself in to get that footage!
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Rehab staff 'killed web addict'   Rehab staff 'killed web addict' - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 12:04 pm

Borat was supposed to be obnoxious and predjudiced. That was half of the POINT of Borat - he was acting predjudiced to find out if people would call him out on it.
Back to top Go down
A_Note_Chaotic
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Rehab staff 'killed web addict'   Rehab staff 'killed web addict' - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 12:34 pm

I am bewildered. It just seemed overly offensive and tasteless to me. I also really hate prank/surprise scenes - I don't like when people do things like what he did at the nursing home and stuff. It bothers me.

I don't get it, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rehab staff 'killed web addict'   Rehab staff 'killed web addict' - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rehab staff 'killed web addict'
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2