Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Irony Alert: Skin sanitizer seized by FDA because it contains bacteria

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

Irony Alert: Skin sanitizer seized by FDA because it contains bacteria Empty
PostSubject: Irony Alert: Skin sanitizer seized by FDA because it contains bacteria   Irony Alert: Skin sanitizer seized by FDA because it contains bacteria EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 7:14 pm

Story

Quote :
Officers with the U.S. Marshals Service have seized all skin sanitizers and skin protectants, including ingredients and components, at Clarcon Biological Chemistry Laboratory's facility in Roy, Utah, the Food and Drug Administration said.

The FDA also warned the public Saturday not to use any Clarcon products because they contain harmful bacteria and are promoted as antimicrobial agents that claim to treat open wounds, damaged skin, and protect against various infectious diseases.

You have to love how the FDA lets the public know this a month after it was discovered.

Quote :
Clarcon voluntarily recalled the affected products, marketed under several different brand names, in June 2009, following an FDA inspection that revealed high levels of potentially disease-causing bacteria in the products.

Yes, because everyone is aware of voluntary recalls (which basically amount to the company issuing a couple of statements and hoping someone will pick up on it). And we can't have a mandatory recall because it might damage the company's image.
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Irony Alert: Skin sanitizer seized by FDA because it contains bacteria   Irony Alert: Skin sanitizer seized by FDA because it contains bacteria EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 7:20 pm

I'll admit it - my first thought on seeing the title of this thread was "Holy shit, that's so awesome".

Irony Alert: Skin sanitizer seized by FDA because it contains bacteria 611762
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Irony Alert: Skin sanitizer seized by FDA because it contains bacteria   Irony Alert: Skin sanitizer seized by FDA because it contains bacteria EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 7:21 pm

Gotta admire those bacteria.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Notomys mordax

Notomys mordax

PostSubject: Re: Irony Alert: Skin sanitizer seized by FDA because it contains bacteria   Irony Alert: Skin sanitizer seized by FDA because it contains bacteria EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 7:48 pm

bacteria: 1 x 10^1232
Humans: 0
Back to top Go down
quamp
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
quamp

PostSubject: Re: Irony Alert: Skin sanitizer seized by FDA because it contains bacteria   Irony Alert: Skin sanitizer seized by FDA because it contains bacteria EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 9:17 pm

N.O.T.-S.A.F.E. was right; everything is bad for us, and we should outlaw everything.
Back to top Go down
http://quamp.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Irony Alert: Skin sanitizer seized by FDA because it contains bacteria   Irony Alert: Skin sanitizer seized by FDA because it contains bacteria Empty

Back to top Go down

Irony Alert: Skin sanitizer seized by FDA because it contains bacteria
Page 1 of 1