Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nintendo's latest dick move

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GamemasterAnthony
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
GamemasterAnthony

Nintendo's latest dick move Empty
PostSubject: Nintendo's latest dick move   Nintendo's latest dick move EmptyThu May 16, 2013 9:58 am

Nintendo Suddenly Claims Ownership of Many YouTube Videos

Long story short: Nintendo has placed a claim on various "Let's Play" videos for reason of copyright. This also means any advertising income from said videos will now go to Nintendo instead.

Now...I personally am not sure which is the most godawful aspect of this is. The fact that Nintendo could've just asked first to take the videos down and didn't have to be such dicks about it...or the hue and cry from gamers over this despite the fact Nintendo actually does have a valid claim in a way. I'll let you guys decide.
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo's latest dick move   Nintendo's latest dick move EmptyThu May 16, 2013 12:06 pm

Fair, next.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo's latest dick move   Nintendo's latest dick move EmptyThu May 16, 2013 12:47 pm

There's been weird things happening all over the place with Let's Play videos.

Saga, at one point, 86'd any video that used the words "Shining Force". Regardless of whether it was a LP, or a podcast discussing it. The reason was, apparently, that they were to announce a new Shining force game.

Link.

Because the best way, apparently, to promote hype for their series is to ensure there isn't a mention of it anywhere. :/

Some game publishers (I'm pretty sure Nintendo of Europe was one of them) have approached some prominent LP-ers and asked for them to LP demos or even full games pre-release. One of the big talking points of the PS4 it's instant game streaming thingimybob which seems custom-designed to turn everyone into an LP-er even more than Youtube did.

It's all very weird - but so long as Retsuprae's Darkseed 2 videos and Frankomatic's various odd adventure game LP's stay up, I'm happy. I don't get the appeal of LP-ing a game that has only just come out - I can play those if I want to - I want to see daft, obscure games like Woodruff and the Schnbble of Azimuth or known games that I'll never be able to play like The Thief Trilogy.
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo's latest dick move   Nintendo's latest dick move EmptyThu May 16, 2013 3:00 pm

I just laugh because half the games I get into are because of LPs. So they're kinda shooting themselves in the foot.

Also, they better not have/think about kicking off Chorocojo's Pokémon LPs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo's latest dick move   Nintendo's latest dick move Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo's latest dick move
Page 1 of 1