Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Male couple threatened with arrest for kissing in public

Go down 
+13
The Spie
Jay/Cris
ZoZo
Knorg
grmblfjx
Seule
Aggie
Narwhal
KGarrett
theweirdkind
Lady Anne
Maximilia
Spotts1701
17 posters
AuthorMessage
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

Male couple threatened with arrest for kissing in public Empty
PostSubject: Male couple threatened with arrest for kissing in public   Male couple threatened with arrest for kissing in public EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 10:02 pm

Story

Quote :
Two gay men kissed at a Chico's Tacos restaurant, prompting guards to eject them and a police officer to endorse their ouster.

Civil-rights lawyers say the security staff was out of line. Police, though, contend that a business such as a restaurant can refuse service to anybody, any time.

Okay I suppose you could make that argument...

Quote :
The five men, all gay, were placing their order at the Chico's Tacos restaurant on Montwood when the men kissed. All five sat down, but the two guards at the restaurant told them to leave.

De Leon quoted one of the guards as saying he didn't allow "that faggot stuff" in the restaurant.

Wait...what?

Quote :
De Leon said the officer told the group it was illegal for two men or two women to kiss in public. The five men, he said, were told they could be cited for homosexual conduct -- a law the U.S. Supreme Court ruled unconstitutional in 2003 in Lawrence v. Texas.

That same year, the El Paso City Council approved an ordinance banning discrimination based on sexual orientation by businesses open to the public.

I have a feeling someone's in trouble, and it isn't the kissing couple.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Male couple threatened with arrest for kissing in public   Male couple threatened with arrest for kissing in public EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 10:11 pm

Wow, what is it with all this racist/ageist/sexist/whatever-ist stuff coming up all of a sudden in the news?
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Male couple threatened with arrest for kissing in public   Male couple threatened with arrest for kissing in public EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 10:36 pm

Next the restaurant owners will say it's about safety.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Male couple threatened with arrest for kissing in public   Male couple threatened with arrest for kissing in public EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 10:41 pm

I was wondering if this was going to pop up here.

I would love to see what the management's excuse will be.
Back to top Go down
KGarrett
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
KGarrett

PostSubject: Re: Male couple threatened with arrest for kissing in public   Male couple threatened with arrest for kissing in public EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 11:09 pm

At least they're getting in trouble for it, though. It'd be even more worrying if blatant discrimination like this were just allowed to slip under the radar.
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Male couple threatened with arrest for kissing in public   Male couple threatened with arrest for kissing in public EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 11:59 pm

They were changing the complexion of the taco joint.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Male couple threatened with arrest for kissing in public   Male couple threatened with arrest for kissing in public EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 12:59 am

Narwhal wrote:
They were changing the complexion of the taco joint.

You. One Internet. Have it. Male couple threatened with arrest for kissing in public 831506
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Male couple threatened with arrest for kissing in public   Male couple threatened with arrest for kissing in public EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 8:53 pm

...reminded me of this: