Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shipping Wars

Go down 
+20
Bad Luck Charm
JillDragon
KJM
Mouse
rae
Reidmar
Snake Bandage
Exodia's Right Leg
knightwithoutacause
Penguin
Anon
Maximilia
myeerah
Cyberwulf
GamemasterAnthony
TheIan
EileenK98
Kevin M
Rabid Badger
Lady Anne
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bad Luck Charm
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Bad Luck Charm

Shipping Wars - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shipping Wars   Shipping Wars - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 12:12 am

Ahem... Tommy/Kimberly vs. Tommy/Katherine in the MMPR fandom.

'Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Wars   Shipping Wars - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 2:25 am

Bad Luck Charm wrote:

'Nuff said.
I think we had arguments about that in the second grade.
Back to top Go down
King Bee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
King Bee

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Wars   Shipping Wars - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 2:17 pm

Zacey (Kacey and Zander) vs. Zevie (Stevie and Zander) in the How to Rock fandom. Not as bad as most shipping wars, but when you see Zevie shippers going into the Zacey article on the HTR wikia (the fact that the wikia has articles devoted to shipping was always silly to me, but whatever) saying Zacey sucks, Zevie rules? You got a bit of a problem.
Back to top Go down
Mouse
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Wars   Shipping Wars - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 8:16 pm

[looks up 'quisling' in dictionary] Shipping Wars - Page 2 961878 That's even better than Quincy or Quietus. Why hadn't I heard of this word until now?

Snake Bandage wrote:
Bad Luck Charm wrote:

'Nuff said.

Unfortunately most of those fan debates remain on a second grade level in that one is clearly Tommy's One TWU WUV and the other is worse than Hitler and of course everyone finds TWU WUV with their high school sweetheart. Why do you think that the Prom King and Queen always get married after graduation and live happily ever after? This is why I love the fact that according to those involved with Power Rangers Samurai, Spike's mother is Kim. Kim/Skull FTW! Yeah

Last edited by theweirdkind on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Use the edit and multi-quote button)
Back to top Go down
Kevin M
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Kevin M

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Wars   Shipping Wars - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 10:34 pm

Snake Bandage wrote:
Bad Luck Charm wrote:

'Nuff said.

Remember the bullshit that arose from the Digimon shipping wars?
Back to top Go down
Bad Luck Charm
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Bad Luck Charm

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Wars   Shipping Wars - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 10:59 pm

Mouse wrote:
Snake Bandage wrote:
Bad Luck Charm wrote:

'Nuff said.

Unfortunately most of those fan debates remain on a second grade level in that one is clearly Tommy's One TWU WUV and the other is worse than Hitler and of course everyone finds TWU WUV with their high school sweetheart. Why do you think that the Prom King and Queen always get married after graduation and live happily ever after? This is why I love the fact that according to those involved with Power Rangers Samurai, Spike's mother is Kim. Kim/Skull FTW! Yeah

So Kim and Skull got married? Ha! Now that's funny.

Quote :

I didn't pay attention to Digimon, so that would be a no.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Wars   Shipping Wars - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 3:20 am

Kevin M wrote:

The only shipping I recall from Digimon was near enough the entire fandom crying betrayal when Sora decided she preferred blonds to brunettes and TK and Kari did not end up together in the distant ending despite never being shown to more than good friends save for one ship-tease bit in the dark ocean episode.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Wars   Shipping Wars - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 3:45 am

Kevin M wrote:
Snake Bandage wrote:
Bad Luck Charm wrote:

'Nuff said.

Couldn't have been much worse than the canon ending, surely?
Back to top Go down
Kevin M
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Kevin M

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Wars   Shipping Wars - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 7:26 am

WD40 wrote:
Kevin M wrote:
Snake Bandage wrote:
Bad Luck Charm wrote:

'Nuff said.

I think the ending made it worse in some cases.
Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Wars   Shipping Wars - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:35 am

Kevin M wrote:
WD40 wrote:
Kevin M wrote:
Snake Bandage wrote:
Bad Luck Charm wrote:

'Nuff said.

Most people choose to pretend the ending never existed or pretend that Yamato and Sora divorced and one of them shacked up with Taichi, while Takeru and Hikari are TOTALLY married even though they don't even live in the same house and Miyako fully supports Ken's homosexual affair with Daisuke. Or something.

I don't know, I don't follow. I didn't really ship the kids and I, for one, actually like the ending (even Space!Yamato. Especially Space!Yamato). That's one of the big Digimon fandom sins, admitting you like that epilogue.
Back to top Go down
ScytheK

PostSubject: I hope I don't get banned for this mini-rant   Shipping Wars - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 6:06 pm

I'm in the Sidekick fandom, which is a Canadian show that focuses on kids in some futuristic superhero school where they get beat up all the time. The show's kinda crappy, I'll admit.
But the Eric/Kitty vs Eric/Trevor shipping wars outside of DeviantArt? Jesus christ.
Makes the Sonamy vs Sonadow, Bella/Edward vs Bella/Jacob, and Katara/Aang vs Katara/Zuko shipping wars look tame in comparison.
The Beetle Bailey fandom has none of this because pretty much everyone ships Beetle/Sarge. (There's the occasional Beetle/Cosmo or Beetle/Killer [which makes no sense because he's as straight as an arrow] straggler around, but still.)
Sigh. Why can't we fans just all get along?
Back to top Go down
Mouse
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Wars   Shipping Wars - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 6:14 pm

You mean people under fifty actually read Beetle Bailey? I thought nobody read any of those dinosaur newspaper comics anymore.
Back to top Go down
ScytheK

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Wars   Shipping Wars - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 6:18 pm

Mouse wrote:
You mean people under fifty actually read Beetle Bailey? I thought nobody read any of those dinosaur newspaper comics anymore.
Apparently so. (There's tons of fans on LJ.)
Though I think the comic's lame, I go for the 60's cartoon series instead.
Mostly because it's animated.
i know i'm lame
i know
Back to top Go down
knightwithoutacause
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
knightwithoutacause

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Wars   Shipping Wars - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 1:39 pm

In the Supernatural fandom...it is Wincest versus the world. One of the reasons I've gotten out of the fandom was the craziness.

XenaxGabrielle and XenaxAries shippers were still exceedingly vocal when I got into the fandom a few years ago. Each side nitpicked canon to prove whether Aries or Gabrielle were Xena's one true love. I was a CallistoxXena shipper so I mainly sat back and watched.

Sailor Moon: Team Mamoru vs Team Seiya!
Back to top Go down
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Wars   Shipping Wars - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 4:56 pm

Snake Bandage wrote:
Kevin M wrote:
WD40 wrote:
Kevin M wrote:
Snake Bandage wrote:
Bad Luck Charm wrote:

'Nuff said.

Most people choose to pretend the ending never existed or pretend that Yamato and Sora divorced and one of them shacked up with Taichi, while Takeru and Hikari are TOTALLY married even though they don't even live in the same house and Miyako fully supports Ken's homosexual affair with Daisuke. Or something.

I don't know, I don't follow. I didn't really ship the kids and I, for one, actually like the ending (even Space!Yamato. Especially Space!Yamato). That's one of the big Digimon fandom sins, admitting you like that epilogue.
The shipping wars in the Digimon fandom felt like part of the reason I left (that and growing out of it). All the Yamato fangirls bashing Sora got a bit much. There were a few instances I've seen Hikari/Ken (one such fanfic of Ken actually raping Hikari, with implications of Hikari/Taichi incest. [Shudders]Don't get me started on that.) that never seemed to pan out. I myself always was a bit of a purist, Joe/Mimi (Or even Yamato/Mimi, that seemed very popular), Takeru/Hikari, Tai/Sora. I admit, I never saw the epilogue to 02 (My friend was enough of a dumbass to change the channels to watch Pokemon instead of finishing the 02 finale. I got up early in the morning to go down to my friend's, wait for him to get up so we could watch Digimon season finale together. That's how obsessed I was at the time.)so whatever happened in the long run, I'll never know.
Back to top Go down
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Wars   Shipping Wars - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 3:19 pm

knightwithoutacause wrote:
In the Supernatural fandom...it is Wincest versus the world. One of the reasons I've gotten out of the fandom was the craziness.
The Sam/Dean fangirls are crazy, but not exceptionally so.

The J/J ones on the other hand... hoo boy. Where to begin? The tinhats who are completely convinced they're gay for each other, for realz? The vitriol directed at their significant others? The PR conspiracy theories?

Best thing about the fandom was/is Misha Collins. Talk about a guy who kept trolling his own fandom in completely insane yet awesome ways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Wars   Shipping Wars - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shipping Wars
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2