Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fanfiction.net is gonna delete everything!! OH NOES!!!!!!

Go down 
+9
WD40
grmblfjx
Lurv
Snake Bandage
Lady Anne
Disco Stu
Reidmar
Mikey Go WOOGA
Empress_Suzuka88
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Empress_Suzuka88

Empress_Suzuka88

Fanfiction.net is gonna delete everything!! OH NOES!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Fanfiction.net is gonna delete everything!! OH NOES!!!!!!   Fanfiction.net is gonna delete everything!! OH NOES!!!!!! EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 7:11 pm

There seems to be nothing but pure panic on The Pit lately. On nearly every story I read no matter what the fandom I'm getting this message:

"
Hey guys. You have probably heard about the Black Out on June 23. Well, you should do it. Ignore all PM's, updates. Don't log in, don't read any stories, and don't subscribe! The slogan is "Unleash Your Imagination". We can't well do that if they are telling us we can and can't write! I heard from another author that they would remove all yaoi, yuri, violence, and lemons! A lot of your favorite stories could be wiped off the site! A lot of the ones you write could be to! Whatever you do, resist the urge! If we work together then we can beat this and show them they are doing something stupid!

Spread the word guys! Fight for the stories!"

I've been searching for a source for the news on the big purge everyone's so convinced is gonna happen, but I don't find much... I'm pretty sure that this is nothing but fear mongering because alot of stories violating the "M" rating have been taken down in the last couple of weeks. But for FF.net to take down all the stories people keep saying they're going to take down? Yeah, right! I'm soo sure they have the time and manpower to get rid of all the lemons on there! Rolling Eyes Plus, to delete all the yaoi and yuri fics? Please. They might as well shut down the website seeing how 70% of the stories on there are yaoi and yuri. So, what are your thoughts on this? Anyone think that Fanfiction.net will delete everything or not?
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction.net is gonna delete everything!! OH NOES!!!!!!   Fanfiction.net is gonna delete everything!! OH NOES!!!!!! EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 8:15 pm

This can play out in a number of ways.

This whole boycott thing works and FF.net disappears from the Tubes, and nothing of value will be lost.

Or, it won't work, and it'll be the same old shit.

I, for one, can't bring myself to care. ALL fanfiction lately is just run of the mill mediocre. Nothing just impressively bad, and certainly nothing actually GOOD.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction.net is gonna delete everything!! OH NOES!!!!!!   Fanfiction.net is gonna delete everything!! OH NOES!!!!!! EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 9:44 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
This can play out in a number of ways.

This whole boycott thing works and FF.net disappears from the Tubes, and nothing of value will be lost.

Or, it won't work, and it'll be the same old shit.

I, for one, can't bring myself to care. ALL fanfiction lately is just run of the mill mediocre. Nothing just impressively bad, and certainly nothing actually GOOD.

For once mikey stole the words from my mouth. However I feel like GOOD fanfictions are the ones that usually end up never being finished.
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Disco Stu

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction.net is gonna delete everything!! OH NOES!!!!!!   Fanfiction.net is gonna delete everything!! OH NOES!!!!!! EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 12:33 am

It might delete everything but regardless, I can't give any less of a shit.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction.net is gonna delete everything!! OH NOES!!!!!!   Fanfiction.net is gonna delete everything!! OH NOES!!!!!! EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 7:00 am

No shits were had.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction.net is gonna delete everything!! OH NOES!!!!!!   Fanfiction.net is gonna delete everything!! OH NOES!!!!!! EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 8:20 am

And nothing of value was lost.

(I have backups of my fanfiction if I ever want to reupload it to a an actually decent fanfiction archive.)
Back to top Go down
Lurv
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lurv

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction.net is gonna delete everything!! OH NOES!!!!!!   Fanfiction.net is gonna delete everything!! OH NOES!!!!!! EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 8:25 am

If they are that scared something of value will be lost, they should make backups.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction.net is gonna delete everything!! OH NOES!!!!!!   Fanfiction.net is gonna delete everything!! OH NOES!!!!!! EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 9:27 am

This stuff goes in cycles. FanFiction.net gets in a tizzy over MA stuff for whatever reason, goes on witch hunt, and takes stuff down. The fanbrats baw and wail, while the savvier users just remove their smut for the time being, wait until TPTB stop paying attention, and repost it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction.net is gonna delete everything!! OH NOES!!!!!!   Fanfiction.net is gonna delete everything!! OH NOES!!!!!! EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 10:12 am

Snake Bandage wrote:
(I have backups of my fanfiction)

Lurv wrote:
they should make backups.

Who the hell doesn't??? Do they type it up right on the website? In one go? No wonder it's all shit.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction.net is gonna delete everything!! OH NOES!!!!!!   Fanfiction.net is gonna delete everything!! OH NOES!!!!!! EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 11:01 am

grmblfjx wrote:
Do they type it up right on the website? In one go? No wonder it's all shit.

Going through some of the stuff up there recently, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what they do.

I even found one dipstick who added a note at the top of their post saying that they'd go back over their post and edit any spelling/grammar mistakes the next morning.
Back to top Go down
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miss Misery

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction.net is gonna delete everything!! OH NOES!!!!!!   Fanfiction.net is gonna delete everything!! OH NOES!!!!!! EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 3:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction.net is gonna delete everything!! OH NOES!!!!!!   Fanfiction.net is gonna delete everything!! OH NOES!!!!!! EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 3:43 pm

It's "losing", not "loosing". They aren't "un-tightening" their shit. Unless you mean the fanbrats are having explosive diarrhea everywhere, in which case cheerfully withdrawn.
Back to top Go down
TheIan
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction.net is gonna delete everything!! OH NOES!!!!!!   Fanfiction.net is gonna delete everything!! OH NOES!!!!!! EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 3:55 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
It's "losing", not "loosing". They aren't "un-tightening" their shit. Unless you mean the fanbrats are having explosive diarrhea everywhere, in which case cheerfully withdrawn.
When is a fan-brat's wet dream not a case of explosive diarrhea?
Back to top Go down
Kevin M
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Kevin M

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction.net is gonna delete everything!! OH NOES!!!!!!   Fanfiction.net is gonna delete everything!! OH NOES!!!!!! EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 6:44 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
This stuff goes in cycles. FanFiction.net gets in a tizzy over MA stuff for whatever reason, goes on witch hunt, and takes stuff down. The fanbrats baw and wail, while the savvier users just remove their smut for the time being, wait until TPTB stop paying attention, and repost it.

Which will probably happen when the shit storm (If FF.net does go through with it) is over. Really, I'm surprised that they can keep that place going at a regular clip much less target the various horrors laying around in the pit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction.net is gonna delete everything!! OH NOES!!!!!!   Fanfiction.net is gonna delete everything!! OH NOES!!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Fanfiction.net is gonna delete everything!! OH NOES!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1