Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Great Old Pumpkin

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Alien from Uranus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
The Alien from Uranus

The Great Old Pumpkin Empty
PostSubject: The Great Old Pumpkin   The Great Old Pumpkin EmptyThu May 31, 2012 10:52 pm

And it was pretty decent, actually.

Quote :
My continued investigations led me to certain grim texts detailing eldritch and macabre sincerities—chants, autosacrifice, sinister configurations of pumpkins—which would bait the Great Old Pumpkin to my patch. On the Hallowmas Eve of two years ago, my investigations bore fruit, so to speak. I believe that I saw him—orange, flaming, and magnificent, hovering above me for an instant and then vanishing skyward into the constellations.

Quote :
Instead of friendly cross-eyes and gapped teeth, into its wide orange visage were sawn jagged spirals of alien script, and though of course I could not read the glyphs, simply witnessing them was enough to understand their meaning. They dragged my mind away to their subject-places, each of them impressing upon me a cavorting pageant of despair and rot. Worse than that was what lay behind those awful incisions, for instead of a candle or (for safety reasons) a lantern, within the Great Old Pumpkin burned a queer kind of furnace that was tended by thready, murmuring minions. This furnace emitted not light and heat but rather madness, and with horror, I realized that its emanations were not illuminating the clouds, but rather that the clouds were fluorescing under them, just as a squid will fluoresce under certain radiations.

I just... I can't. I mean, damn. I really don't know how else to explain this except "Why did you do this?" and moreover "Why is it good?"

Also, the ending is highly appropriate. The Great Old Pumpkin 831506
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: The Great Old Pumpkin   The Great Old Pumpkin EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 4:52 am

My brain is confused. scratch
Back to top Go down
Sparrow
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: The Great Old Pumpkin   The Great Old Pumpkin EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 12:24 pm

I enjoyed it. It seems somehow more fitting than The Great Pumpkin being the benevolent spirit Linus assumed him to be.
Back to top Go down
http://sparrow779.livejournal.com/
woodywoo0100

woodywoo0100

PostSubject: Re: The Great Old Pumpkin   The Great Old Pumpkin EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:46 am

Proof that there are no bad ideas, just poorly executed ones
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Great Old Pumpkin   The Great Old Pumpkin Empty

Back to top Go down

The Great Old Pumpkin
Page 1 of 1