Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay

Go down 
+16
szaleniec
Keith Fraser
Dr. Professor Science
Sorsa A. Jänis
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Dick Powers
Melissa
Lysander
Psy-4
The Unoriginal
Cactus Wren
Deutschtard
I_Lam_Edhellen
DarthDarthington
Sheba
merryb87
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
merryb87

merryb87

Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay Empty
PostSubject: Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay   Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 10:29 am

Just ask the animals. As soon as they stop having all that homosexual sex

This is a article that a friend linked to me and thought it was worth sharing.

Quote :
homosexual and bisexual behavior, it turns out, is rampant in the
animal kingdom. And by rampant, I mean proving to be damn near universal,
commonplace across all species everywhere, existing for myriad reasons
ranging from pure survival and procreative influence, right on over to
pure pleasure, co-parenting, giddy screeching multiple monkey orgasm,
even love, and a few dozen other potential explanations science hasn't
quite figured out yet. Imagine.

Quote :
Let's flip that around. Here's the shocking new truism: In the wilds of nature, to not
have some level of homosexual/bisexual behavior in a given species is
turning out to be the exception, not the rule. Would you like to read
that statement again? Aloud? Through a megaphone? To the Mormon and
Catholic churches? And the rest of them, as well? Repeatedly?

Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay 831506
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay   Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 10:50 am

Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay 611762 This is awesome! I can't WAIT to see how the Fundie shitheads try to discredit this!
Back to top Go down
DarthDarthington
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DarthDarthington

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay   Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 11:27 am

This isn't new information.

And don't bother telling any bigots - here is how the conversation inevitably goes - always has, always will.

Bigot: Homosexuality is an abomination! It doesn't occur in nature, therefore it is unnatural!

You: No. Look. Animals do it all the damn time.

Bigot: Are you saying we should act like animals? Only a psychotic atheist could come up with that gem!

And so on. I once even heard a fundie assclown admit that it does occur in nature, but that animals exhibiting homosexual behavior should be shot on sight. So don't expect anybody to be shutting up about it.

[/gloom&doom] :headshot:
Back to top Go down
I_Lam_Edhellen
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
I_Lam_Edhellen

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay   Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 11:55 am

Out on the ranch, I had a lesbian chicken. She had her own flock of hen followers which challenged the rooster's.
Back to top Go down
http://www.realelvish.net
Deutschtard
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Deutschtard

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay   Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 6:37 am

if I didn't know it would start a shit fit, I'd mention it to the boy's father. But it would be bad. And he voted no on prop 8 o.o;
Back to top Go down
Cactus Wren
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Cactus Wren

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay   Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 3:27 pm

I once dealt with a homophobe who put forward a bizarrely Schrodinger's-cat argument: that homosexuality was still "against nature", because you can't prove that animals exhibit same-sex behaviors when humans aren't watching them.

Darth Darthington's right, though: the most common response is on the order of, "So, do you base all your moral judgments on how animals act?"
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay   Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 7:03 pm

*that's a lie - wolves do, for exampleI've had several conversations on the subject. Usually they follow this general flowchart with little variation:

Fundie: "Homosexuality is against nature. Animals have sex only for reproduction."
Common sense: "Actually, species X, Y and Z (to name a few examples) have been observed having buttsex. Or masturbating. Or engaging in any kinkiness your narrow mind can come up with, plus a few more."
Fundie: "They were probably sexually frustrated because they could not find an opposite sex partner, because they were in a zoo, or they were omega males."
Common sense: "So you admit that animals will rather have sex and no offspring rather than no offspring and no sex."
Fundie: "Because the reproductive instinct is the strongest there is. If homosexuality was widespread, we'd be extinct."
Common sense: "Unsurprisingly, there's a theory that homosexuality and same-sex couples are ways of avoiding overpopulation. There might be just as many extinct species that had too much het sex. By insisting that everyone must have as many children as they can deliver, we're actually courtsing extinction."
Fundie: "Overpopulation can be avoided through chaste abstinence."
Common sense: "Which is just as against nature, since there are no species observing that*."
Fundie: "Only because animals cannot rise above their basest instincts."
Common sense: "But we've come a long way from 'sex is only for reproduction', haven't we? You admitted animals have sex to let out some steam, yourself."
Fundie: "STOP USING ANIMALS AS MORAL EXAMPLES! There are animals that eat their young, do we have to follow that example too??!?!?!??11??"

Usually at this point the fundie makes him/herself scarce, before people start pointing out that s/he was the first to take animals as examples.

In keeping with the pun in the thread title, God not only is slightly gay, He might have a furry fetish, going by what the neighbours' dog was doing to its plushie bunny.

*that's a lie - wolves do, for example
Back to top Go down
Psy-4
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay   Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:16 pm

Cactus Wren wrote:
I once dealt with a homophobe who put forward a bizarrely Schrodinger's-cat argument: that homosexuality was still "against nature", because you can't prove that animals exhibit same-sex behaviors when humans aren't watching them.
And the concept of sound is "unscientific" because you can't prove that a falling tree makes a sound when humans aren't around to hear it.

Also, when you're not watching, this post is in Spanish.
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay   Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 12:49 am

Wow, you guys have had some interesting arguments about it. Every fundie I've ever talked to about it just goes into denial and calls me a liar.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay   Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 8:06 am

Psy-4 wrote:
Cactus Wren wrote:
And the concept of sound is "unscientific" because you can't prove that a falling tree makes a sound when humans aren't around to hear it.

Also, when you're not watching, this post is in Spanish.

Actually, if a tree fell in the forrest and no one was around, it would only make vibrations. The concept we call "sound" only exists when there is a working eardrum for the vibrations to reverberate off of.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay   Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 8:41 am

Yes, but does it make a sound when it falls?
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay   Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 12:10 pm

The Unoriginal wrote:
[size=9]
In keeping with the pun in the thread title, God not only is slightly gay, He might have a furry fetish, going by what the neighbours' dog was doing to its plushie bunny.

If God is a furry, then therefore all furries must be voices for God.

Oh, okay, that one didn't work. How about, if God is furry, then that makes YOU blasphemous for deriding how wonderfully open-minded I am about sex.

If, of course, God exists and there is any reason for living beyond the 70 or so years we spend on this earth.

Thinking about dying makes me feel sick.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Melissa
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay   Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 12:55 pm

Quadratus wrote:
Yes, but does it make a sound when it falls?

It would make vibrations. For example, if the only living creature in the forrest at that time (unlikely, I know) was a snake, the snake would feel vibrations but not actually hear sound. (Snakes don't have eardrums.)
Back to top Go down
Psy-4

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay   Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 2:02 pm

Why do you fail to contribute anything relevant to this thread (or any thread), Melissa?
Back to top Go down
Sorsa A. Jänis
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sorsa A. Jänis

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay   Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 2:14 pm

Psy-4 wrote:
Why do you fail to contribute anything relevant to this thread (or any thread), Melissa?
You aren't contributing anything either Psy.
Back to top Go down
http://sunbeamattack.deviantart.com/
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

Location : One of the guys with the giant papier-mâché dongs in Lysistrata

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay   Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 2:24 pm

Sorsa A. Jänis wrote:
Psy-4 wrote:

I contribute the following:

PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS.
Back to top Go down
Keith Fraser
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Keith Fraser

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay   Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 2:29 pm

Well, Jesus does apparently admit to being "a bit gay" in Jerry Springer: The Opera...
Back to top Go down
Psy-4

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay   Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 4:10 pm

Sorsa A. Jänis wrote:
Psy-4 wrote:
I contribute mockery of the fallacies religous people spew.
Back to top Go down
Sorsa A. Jänis
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sorsa A. Jänis

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay   Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 4:38 pm

Psy-4 wrote:
Sorsa A. Jänis wrote:
Psy-4 wrote:
I contribute mockery of the fallacies religous people spew.
Hurray! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://sunbeamattack.deviantart.com/
Melissa
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay   Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 7:12 pm

Quadratus asked me a question, so I answered it.
Back to top Go down
Psy-4

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay   Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 9:07 pm

Sorsa A. Jänis wrote:
Hurray! Rolling Eyes
Rebuked with all the hilarity of a potato.

The qualifier was relevance not worthwhileness.

Melissa wrote:
Quadratus asked me a question, so I answered it.
I didn't ask you a question, and you answered it. Also, learn to rethoric.
Back to top Go down
szaleniec
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
szaleniec

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay   Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 9:17 pm

They're trying to have it both ways. On the one hand, homosexuality apparently doesn't occur in nature and so is bad. (Neither for that matter does the computer they typed that comment on, nor the building they were sitting in whilst doing so.) But if rational people point out that it actually does occur in nature, suddenly it's a bad thing to argue from that basis.
Back to top Go down
http://szaleniec1000.livejournal.com/
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay   Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 10:54 pm

There's only one "r" in "forest."
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay   Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 1:48 pm

Psy-Wolf wrote:
Quote :
Melissa wrote:
ote="Melissa"]Quadratus asked me a question, so I answered it.
I didn't ask you a question, and you answered it. Also, learn to rethoric.
[/quote]

Learn to spell rhetoric.

Sorry about misspelling forest. The R key was stuck.
Back to top Go down
Psy-4

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay   Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 4:12 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay   Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay Empty

Back to top Go down

Confirmed: God is Slightly Gay
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next