Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ink Master

Go down 
AuthorMessage
knightwithoutacause
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
knightwithoutacause

Ink Master Empty
PostSubject: Ink Master   Ink Master EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 12:03 pm

Ever since I planned to get my first tattoo, I studied as much as I could about the art so as to choose the best artist. Now that I have my tattoo, I'm still obsessed with body art. So I was interested when I saw a show called Ink Master on Spike one night. This is the link to the website: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The premise is that 10 tattoo artists are chosen as 'ten of the best' and compete in challenges to see who is the 'Ink Master'. They do a flash challenge like painting lines on a car or painting shading on a live, white-painted woman. After that, they do the elimination challenge. They get 5 hours to do a tattoo that has to meet the criteria such as emphasis shading, follow the traditional American tattoo guidelines, etc. They are then graded on their work.

They are judged by Dave Navarro, Oliver Peck, and Chris Nunez. Chris fucking Nunez. Only Oliver Peck has the experience to be there and judge, this man having perfected the art of the Traditional American Tattoo.

Chris Nunez is only known because of his time on Miami Ink. Check out his portfolio:

What the fuck is going on with that Koi's tail?

Just No

Does he know anything about symmetry? One of the ears is longer than the other, and his face is leaning

Then there is Dave Navarro. His tattoos are the only link he has to the ink world. So, mostly he is there because he is famous and pretty. Great qualifications.

Some of the contestants have put out some wonderful tattoos. I loved Lea Vendetta's clouded leopard andShane's wolf tattoo . They were so life-like.

Then you get tattoos like This. Man he chewed up the left side. The line work sucked too.

Spike had to pay for another tattoo shop to finish one of Jeremy's tattoos because he didn't finish.

Has anyone else been watching this? Another season for this show has been confirmed by Spike.
Back to top Go down

Ink Master
Page 1 of 1