Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Woman accused of locking kids in car... so she could drink

Go down 
+4
KelinciHutan
King Bee
Lady Anne
quamp
8 posters
AuthorMessage
quamp
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
quamp

Woman accused of locking kids in car... so she could drink Empty
PostSubject: Woman accused of locking kids in car... so she could drink   Woman accused of locking kids in car... so she could drink EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 4:29 pm

Story here

Quote :
A Dallas woman is accused of leaving her three children inside a hot car late Tuesday night while she threw back a few drinks at a popular Lakewood-area bar.

Well, I should also add it's been pretty hot here in Dallas of late... high temperature today: 100 F. Tuesday's high was in the 90's. Lows have been in the upper 70's to low 80's F.

Quote :
Police arrested Asia Thomas, 23, on suspicion of child endangerment. Police said the bar owner and another patron called police after seeing the children, who are all younger than 4, in the car just before midnight.

We really need to make mothers take a course in how to treat their kids right.

Quote :
Police said the car's windows were rolled down. Although it was late at night, the interior of the car got hot, investigators said.

"But they won't suffocate that way!" Woman accused of locking kids in car... so she could drink 724940

Further proof that intelligence is increasing at a much slower rate than population.
Back to top Go down
http://quamp.deviantart.com
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Woman accused of locking kids in car... so she could drink   Woman accused of locking kids in car... so she could drink EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 5:06 pm

Geez, lady, get a sitter! Or, if you can't, go to the store, buy the alcohol, bring it home, and drink it after the kids are asleep or at least distracted by the TV or something.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
King Bee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
King Bee

PostSubject: Re: Woman accused of locking kids in car... so she could drink   Woman accused of locking kids in car... so she could drink EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 5:11 pm

Is it wrong I'm more shock that the mother's name is Asia then about her locking her kids in the car to go drinking?
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: Woman accused of locking kids in car... so she could drink   Woman accused of locking kids in car... so she could drink EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 5:15 pm

With the windows rolled down, and at night, this isn't actually as dangerous as it would be in a sealed car during the day in terms of how hot they'd get.

As for the rest of this nonsense, there's not really any mitigating factors there.
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Woman accused of locking kids in car... so she could drink   Woman accused of locking kids in car... so she could drink EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 5:53 pm

quamp wrote:
Quote :
A Dallas woman is accused of leaving her three children inside a hot car late Tuesday night while she threw back a few drinks at a popular Lakewood-area bar.

Well, I should also add it's been pretty hot here in Dallas of late... high temperature today: 100 F. Tuesday's high was in the 90's. Lows have been in the upper 70's to low 80's F.
It's hotter in Austin. :hmm:
Back to top Go down
unskilled78
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Woman accused of locking kids in car... so she could drink   Woman accused of locking kids in car... so she could drink EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 6:44 pm

What kind of thought goes into this? (that she left the window down indicates some thought went into this.)
"At least my kids won't be exposed to alchohol"?
You left the windows down, stupid woman. Any crazy, drunk person can just reach in, take his/her pick of the litter.

It's people like this that make me see the value in some sort of chastity belt that you get the key for after passing a test, or getting a permit of some kind.
Back to top Go down
quamp
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
quamp

PostSubject: Re: Woman accused of locking kids in car... so she could drink   Woman accused of locking kids in car... so she could drink EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 9:23 pm

KelinciHutan wrote:
With the windows rolled down, and at night, this isn't actually as dangerous as it would be in a sealed car during the day in terms of how hot they'd get.

As for the rest of this nonsense, there's not really any mitigating factors there.

You've obviously haven't been in the Lakewood area of late. The bar bills itself as "a high-class dive." I've been there. It's a dive, and without the high-class.
Back to top Go down
http://quamp.deviantart.com
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: Woman accused of locking kids in car... so she could drink   Woman accused of locking kids in car... so she could drink EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 4:33 am

quamp wrote:
KelinciHutan wrote:

You've obviously haven't been in the Lakewood area of late. The bar bills itself as "a high-class dive." I've been there. It's a dive, and without the high-class.
Ooo-kay, let me re-post that, with emphasis on exactly why you didn't need to give this reply.

KelinciHutan wrote:
D'you see that? How I'm only talking about the temperature here? You went on and on in your opener about how hot it is right now in Texas. At night, those temperatures you were talking about would have been in the lows, not the highs. Kids do perfectly fine in 80-85° F weather without A/C, which means they wouldn't have roasted to death like you implied they might have in your first post.

KelinciHutan wrote:
Do you see here how I am definitely not endorsing this as a good idea? Of course, leaving children unattended, at night, in a highly accessible place outside any establishment, be it high-class, divey, or any other kind is bad! No, they would not have died from heat stroke. That doesn't make it okay to leave very young children anywhere without supervision, a point I made in my first post.

Last edited by KelinciHutan on Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Woman accused of locking kids in car... so she could drink   Woman accused of locking kids in car... so she could drink EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 8:18 am

King Bee wrote:
Is it wrong I'm more shock that the mother's name is Asia then about her locking her kids in the car to go drinking?

I was thinking "'Asia'? Oh, no wonder."

unskilled78 wrote:
It's people like this that make me see the value in some sort of chastity belt that you get the key for after passing a test, or getting a permit of some kind.
You know, this is probably not feasible at all in terms of money and staff, but I would favor some sort of system where you'd have to do something like driver's ed and get a license, and if you fail or don't show up child services will keep an eye on your family until, say, kindergarten.

Any crackhead, psycho, or sadist gets a shot at ruining as many lives as they can produce. Somehow, that doesn't seem right.
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Woman accused of locking kids in car... so she could drink   Woman accused of locking kids in car... so she could drink EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:44 pm

grmblfjx wrote:
King Bee wrote:

I was thinking "'Asia'? Oh, no wonder."

Me, too. I also wondered if she learned that it was ok to do that because her own mother did it to her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woman accused of locking kids in car... so she could drink   Woman accused of locking kids in car... so she could drink Empty

Back to top Go down

Woman accused of locking kids in car... so she could drink
Page 1 of 1