Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures

Go down 
+7
Rabid Badger
Sakurelf
the asylum
Chris91
Raine
Mikey Go WOOGA
rachel
11 posters
AuthorMessage
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures Empty
PostSubject: ‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures   ‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 12:55 am

Quote :
For one California man, what happened on the screen was not the scariest part of the latest “Twilight” vampire movie.

Brandon Gephart was watching Breaking Dawn: Part One when he started “convulsing, snorting, trying to breathe,” his girlfriend, Kelly Bauman, told CBS13 in Sacramento.
Everyone's a critic.
Quote :
Gephart is just one of several moviegoers around the country who have reported seizures during a particularly graphic birthing scene which includes flashes of red, black and white.

A Salt Lake City man told ABC 4 that he began shaking and eventually passed out in the theater.

“I didn’t really remember what happened after that I think I blacked out,” the man said. “According to [my wife], I was shaking and mumbling different noises.”...
So if you do decide to go watch the movie, there's that to look forward to.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: ‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures   ‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 1:46 am

Quote :
“I didn’t really remember what happened after that I think I blacked out,” the man said. “According to [my wife], I was shaking and mumbling different noises.”...

This movie is so bad it will cause you to be possessed by the Devil.

I saw a LONG string of teasers for this bit of "news" on TV, though I didn't stick around long enough to hear an explanation. All I got was "The new Twilight movie is causing some people to contract a disease, we'll tell you what it is after this."

"I hope it isn't Sparkly Porphyric Hemophilia."

First Reporter, As Pregnant with homosex vampire's baby cardboard lady is on screen: "The new Twilight movie is causing some health problems, the details are coming up."
Second Reporter: "Health problems like that lady."
Mikey: "IT'S MAKING PEOPLE PREGNANT?!?!? Upset"

I hate TV. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: ‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures   ‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 2:26 am

Darn, and I was kinda hoping it because it was just that bad, not because of flashing lights.

Wait - why are there flashing colours in the first place? Don't tell me human-vampire hybrid children come out flashing like strobe lights.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: ‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures   ‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:30 am

rachel wrote:
Quote :
For one California man, what happened on the screen was not the scariest part of the latest “Twilight” vampire movie.

Brandon Gephart was watching Breaking Dawn: Part One when he started “convulsing, snorting, trying to breathe,” his girlfriend, Kelly Bauman, told CBS13 in Sacramento.
Everyone's a critic.
Quote :
Gephart is just one of several moviegoers around the country who have reported seizures during a particularly graphic birthing scene which includes flashes of red, black and white.

A Salt Lake City man told ABC 4 that he began shaking and eventually passed out in the theater.

Then it's probably a good thing I've already made up my mind to avoid it. ‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures 611762
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: ‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures   ‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 12:29 pm

Raine wrote:
Wait - why are there flashing colours in the first place?

The bigger question is why was a guy watching Twilight in the first place
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: ‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures   ‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 1:05 pm

the asylum wrote:
Raine wrote:

Punishment.
Girls demand their boyfriend accompany them to this movie. Some even demand that they enjoy it. Some only demand that they "WATCH THIS PART. WATCH THIS PART. SEE? ARE YOU WATCHING? YOU'RE NOT WATCHING."
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: ‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures   ‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 8:24 pm

I would guess the flashing lights are intended to obscure what's actually happening-i.e., the baby is basically trying to tear it's way out of it's mother's womb like an alien chest-burster. And for people who are prone to seizures, that particular combination of flashing lights is very likely to bring on an attack.

I'd been wondering how they were going to keep it at a PG-13 rating, so the twitards that make u p the largest portion of the audience could go see it. The flashing lights probably obscure most of the blood, so that you never really get a good look at what's happening.

Unfortunately, for people who are prone to seizures, that particular combination of flashing colors and quick cuts back and forth is a classic trigger. When I worked for neurology/psych, we had a patient with seizures who couldn't watch the shower scene from the original version of 'Psycho' for the same reason.
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: ‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures   ‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 10:22 pm

Perhaps something good came of this.

"Sorry baby, you know I love you but I'm prone to siezures. I just can't watch Twilight with you."
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: ‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures   ‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:50 pm

Cheap Epilepsy screening. Refreshments sold before and after.
Back to top Go down
Anon
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Anon

PostSubject: Re: ‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures   ‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 12:55 am

rachel wrote:
Quote :

Everyone's a critic.
Quote :

No, wait, this one again? I thought the fact that rapidly repeating flashes of light cause seizures was established a long time ago. I'd ask how anyone could be stupid enough to include them in a film, but, unfortunately, I'm pretty sure I already know the answer.

Last edited by Anon on Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected grammatical error)
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: ‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures   ‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 1:17 am

Anon wrote:
rachel wrote:
Quote :

Everyone's a critic.
Quote :

No, wait, this one again? I thought the fact that rapidly repeating flashes of light cause seizures was established a long time ago. I'd ask how anyone could be stupid enough to do include them in a film, but, unfortunately, I'm pretty sure I already know the answer.

IIRC, photosensitive epilepsy is rare compared to other forms.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: ‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures   ‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 1:26 am

Anon wrote:
No, wait, this one again? I thought the fact that rapidly repeating flashes of light cause seizures was established a long time ago. I'd ask how anyone could be stupid enough to do include them in a film, but, unfortunately, I'm pretty sure I already know the answer.

I would have thought it'd be a bit more well-known too, considering how infamous that episode of Pokemon was that caused the same thing throughout Japan.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: ‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures   ‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 2:00 am

Raine wrote:
Anon wrote:

I would have thought it'd be a bit more well-known too, considering how infamous that episode of Pokemon was that caused the same thing throughout Japan.

Flashing lights in films have been causing problems, ranging from headaches to seizures, since it was invented. Serious problems are extremely rare. (That pokemon episode utilised a sustained sequence of flashing lights that were of a particularly clashing nature. (Hell, if you want you can see it here). The problem in that case had little to do with the colours and paka-paka effect, and more to do with the age of the kids watching the show, and the nature of their viewing. Personally I'm cross at that episode because it's quite clearly Pikachu's thunderbolt that causes the explosion, yet poor Porygon took the fall. Regardless new regulations involving paka-paka were introduced following the episode.)

Most modern films and tv shows get away with a "this programme contains flashing lights/strobe effects" warning beforehand nowadays. Because that's all they need. As I said, serious cases are very rare, and some mild fillm-viewing side effects occur with almost every cinematic release. The cases are usually only brought into public knowledge whenever it helps to boost the publicity of a particularly popular film. (See also the Cloverfield Motion-Sickness story and the Paranormal Activity Audience Reaction videos - These effects are commonplace, but when the film is high-profile, peoples reactions to the film become high-profile as well. And the more bizzare and extreme they are, the more chance they'll get reported)
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: ‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures   ‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 11:50 am

the asylum wrote:
Raine wrote:

Clinical insanity? ‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures 961878
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: ‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures   ‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 3:22 pm

Chris91 wrote:
the asylum wrote:
Raine wrote:

Clinical insanity? ‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures 961878

This is kind of like Chris Christie calling Michael Moore fat. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures   ‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures Empty

Back to top Go down

‘Twilight’ birth scene triggers seizures
Page 1 of 1