Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails

Go down 
+6
Lady Anne
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Spotts1701
the asylum
KelinciHutan
Mikey Go WOOGA
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails Empty
PostSubject: Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails   Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 7:25 pm

Back during Obama's stimulus package, The Man Himself was trying to push funding for "green jobs" and "green energy" and such. This lead to funneling crazy $$$ to companies who had no business receiving it. Now some of the companies receiving money to create "green jobs" have moved overseas (likely to escape currently high and, in the future, unpredictable taxes), and one of them, Solyndra, has filed for Chapter 11 Bankrupcy after laying off 1,100 workers.

BRILLIANT

Now there are some question about the process of approving the loans to Solyndra and others. It appears that The Man Himself and those in his administration tried to hurry the approval process so that they could hold a press conference bragging about supporting "green jobs."

Now there's an investigation into the whole cluster fuck.

Quote :
Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Vista), chairman of the House Oversight Committee, said that he plans to launch an investigation into government loan programs, in response to the implosion of solar equipment maker Solyndra, which got a $535-million federal loan guarantee in 2009.

Didn't I just tell you this? What, you didn't trust Mikey? You wanted to read it in the LA Times? Am I not good enough for you.

My feelings are hurt. Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails 309696

Quote :
Speaking on C-SPAN on Tuesday morning, Issa said government loan programs might be "unfixable," although Solyndra is the only one of the nearly four dozen companies to get guarantees under the Energy Department program to go bankrupt.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Quote :
Meanwhile, Solyndra executives will invoke their 5th Amendment rights and not answer questions during a Friday hearing before a House investigative committee, their attorneys said Tuesday.

I don't hold it against them, but they don't seem like a trustworthy bunch of fellow or the type you want to lend half a billion

Half a billion

Half a billion

Half a billion?

HALF A BILLION

dollars to. Let's get this shit started

>Obama
>Federal government attempts to micromanage the economy
>Green jobs
>Green energy
>Greenland

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Also, inB4 Spotts claims that $532 Million isn't a lot of money compared to the deficit and therefore we shouldn't worry about it. InB4 Lady Anne blames the "teabaggers" for this in a one sentence post that makes Chris seem witty and intelligent. Speaking of The Defender of Honor, inB4 Chris calls me a "Blueshirt Bonehead" and uses the Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails 611762 smiley. InB4 Lapinina attempts to insult a team with five more Lombardi Trophies than hers. Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails 961878 InB4 only Grumbles replies because the rest of the board has me blocked.
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails   Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 8:07 pm

Mikey, if you outline the way that the thread will--quite predictably--go for everyone, then all the thunder is stolen. It's like putting all the spoilers in the movie trailer. People end up seeing the film before they even get to the theater. Colbert
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails   Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 8:30 pm

Nah, we'll probably get sidetracked and talk about gun control or abortion. That's how threads usually end up around here.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails   Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:03 pm

I wouldn't trust Rep. Darrell Issa to tell me water is wet. This guy is looking for anything to smear the President, to the point he makes Newt Gingrich and Kenneth Starr look like pikers by comparison.

He should be looking after his own house before he goes casting stones at others - there are allegations that he pushed the SEC to drop a lawsuit against Goldman Sachs at the exact same time he was buying up high-yield mutual funds (in violation of Congressional rules that require all legislators to either divest their holdings or place them in blind trusts) and hiring a former Goldman Sachs VP to work on his staff (said staffer conveniently decided to use another name to hide the connection).

Guy's skeevy as the day is long. Not exactly a guy I lend a lot of credibility to.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails   Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:26 pm

Great, now the oil companies will be using this as an excuse to not invest in green energy sources.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails   Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 10:51 pm

Spotts1701 wrote:
I wouldn't trust Rep. Darrell Issa to tell me water is wet. This guy is looking for anything to smear the President, to the point he makes Newt Gingrich and Kenneth Starr look like pikers by comparison.

He should be looking after his own house before he goes casting stones at others - there are allegations that he pushed the SEC to drop a lawsuit against Goldman Sachs at the exact same time he was buying up high-yield mutual funds (in violation of Congressional rules that require all legislators to either divest their holdings or place them in blind trusts) and hiring a former Goldman Sachs VP to work on his staff (said staffer conveniently decided to use another name to hide the connection).

Guy's skeevy as the day is long. Not exactly a guy I lend a lot of credibility to.
This. Darrell Issa is my representative, and I can proudly say that I have never voted for the fucker and am glad that our districts are being redrawn so I'm not represented by someone in another county.

Darrell Issa would smear his own mother if he thought it would win him political points.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
William Shakespeare
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
William Shakespeare

PostSubject: Re: Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails   Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 8:11 am

Spotts1701 wrote:

Because the LA Times would never do any fact-checking by, say, calling up the company in question and asking "Hey, you guys go bankrupt?"
Rolling Eyes

Last edited by William Shakespeare on Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Completeness.)
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails   Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 2:07 pm

KelinciHutan wrote:
Mikey, if you outline the way that the thread will--quite predictably--go for everyone, then all the thunder is stolen. It's like putting all the spoilers in the movie trailer. People end up seeing the film before they even get to the theater. Colbert

Thereby saving everyone considerable time and effort. You're welcome. Razz

Spotts wrote:

Democrat Defensive Playbook, Page 1, Play 2, "Zerg Rush:"

When someone levels attacks or accusations against you or another Democrat, and Play 1 (The Truth) won't adequately cover your asses from a firestorm, bring the entire goddamn house on a blitz against the accuser, any investigators, and, just to be safe, their families and friends in an attempt to draw attention away from your own colossal screw ups. Has the added advantage of leaving your targets too busy dealing with your irrelevant bullshit to continue to investigate the original issue. It won't actually solve the problem, but hopefully no one will remember exactly what the problem was in the first place.

If that doesn't work, see Play 3 (Race Card)

Spotts wrote:

But the administrators of Solyndra who intend of pleading Da Fif when asked what they had for breakfast before Congress are absolutely the kind of guys you can trust with $530 million.

Harley wrote:
Great, now the oil companies will be using this as an excuse to not invest in green energy sources.

God forbid a company bases its investment decisions on the apparent risk and potential profit of the investment. They should just blindly hurl money at whatever gives them a Green Boner at the time print more money when they run out, just like the President.

Trolls trolling trolls.

Willy wrote:
Because the LA Times would never do any fact-checking by, say, calling up the company in question and asking "Hey, you guys go bankrupt?"

The Bard makes a point you might be missing. Darrel Issa isn't the one making these accusations, MANY separate news organizations are the ones reporting on this. Issa wants to figure out how anyone thought a company that was predicted during the evaluation of these loans to fail in September 2011 (I'm not making this up, some bean counter actually called this two years ago) was a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails   Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 7:03 pm

Everyone knows the real reason Solyndra failed is because Mikey was manipulating it in order to have an excuse to start a wank.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Spotts1701
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails   Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 10:29 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Democrat Defensive Playbook, Page 1, Play 2, "Zerg Rush:"

When someone levels attacks or accusations against you or another Democrat, and Play 1 (The Truth) won't adequately cover your asses from a firestorm, bring the entire goddamn house on a blitz against the accuser, any investigators, and, just to be safe, their families and friends in an attempt to draw attention away from your own colossal screw ups. Has the added advantage of leaving your targets too busy dealing with your irrelevant bullshit to continue to investigate the original issue. It won't actually solve the problem, but hopefully no one will remember exactly what the problem was in the first place.

If that doesn't work, see Play 3 (Race Card)

Rep. Issa made it clear the day after the 2010 Midterms that he was going to turn over every rock he could find, and turn every molehill into a mountain. I've seen this show before, Mikey. It wasn't that good the first time.

"My responsibility is very broad, we own everything." Those were his exact words on November 3rd, 2010. So yes, when the same person stands up and shouts "J'Accuse!", I am going to call into question his character and his credibility.

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Spotts wrote:

But the administrators of Solyndra who intend of pleading Da Fif when asked what they had for breakfast before Congress are absolutely the kind of guys you can trust with $530 million.

Do you know how Congressional testimony even works? Unless you're given a grant of immunity (transactional or otherwise), you always plead the Fifth even if you have nothing to hide. Congressional inquiries often turn into witch hunts, and lying in any way (even inadvertently) levies a perjury charge just as if you were sitting on a witness stand in a courtroom. No lawyer worth the license on his wall is going to let a client go in their and hang themselves on their own words when the guys doing the questioning want his client's head on a pike. Rep. Issa's already made up his mind, so why give him the rope?
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails   Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 1:37 am

Meanwhile, Gunwalker.
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails   Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 10:48 am

Yes, of course, put the blame on Obama for giving the companies a jump-start and not on the companies for not being able to handle their own shit. This makes perfect sense.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails   Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 12:37 pm

^
Never mind that everyone who actually gave this some thought before they did it realized the company wasn't capable of handling their own shit, but Obama's administration ignored that in favor of blindly supporting feel good bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails   Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 3:24 pm

Never underestimate the unfaltering frivolousness of the American Government.

Or anybody else who runs a country, for that matter.

You know, every morning I wake up and think of a world without Mikey, and I shudder. I mean, what fun would the world be if even I didn't have somebody to look down on?
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails   Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 7:18 am

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
You know, every morning I wake up and think of a world without Mikey, and I shudder. I mean, what fun would the world be if even I didn't have somebody to look down on?

Speak for yourself, Harley. I for one think the world would be considerably better without Mikey in it. Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails 961878
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails   Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails Empty

Back to top Go down

Government Backed Solar Energy Comany "Solyndra" Fails
Page 1 of 1