Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DADT IS DEAD.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

DADT IS DEAD. Empty
PostSubject: DADT IS DEAD.   DADT IS DEAD. EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 10:25 am

Ding dong, dadt is dead...

Quote :
The military’s “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy, one described in 1993 by President Bill Clinton as “an honorable compromise” that eventually destroyed thousands of careers, ended Tuesday at 12:01 a.m., nine months after Congress repealed the law.

Ended specifically meaning...

Quote :
The Associated Press reported Monday that the Defense Department had begun accepting applications from gay recruits, to be processed directly after the ban is lifted. “No one should be left with the impression that we are unprepared. We are prepared for repeal," Pentagon press secretary George Little said Monday.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Quote :
Lawmakers and defense officials will mark the occasion Tuesday without considerable pomp and circumstance. At 12:30 p.m. eastern time, a bipartisan group of senators instrumental to passage of “don’t ask, don’t tell” legislation — Sens. Carl Levin, Kirsten Gillibrand, Susan Collins, Mark Udall, and Joseph Lieberman — will be joined by representatives from Servicemembers Legal Defense Network, Human Rights Campaign, and Outserve, whose co-director, known up to this point as JD Smith, has revealed his identity as Josh Seefried, a finance officer in the Air Force and 2009 graduate of the U.S. Air Force Academy.

“I personally felt it was important to come out of the closet on Day 1 to show that sexual orientation in the military will truly be a nonissue,” Seefried said.

Good man.

Now this doesn't mean that gays will be treated entirely equally in the military, but hey. This is no small victory! Yaaay
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

DADT IS DEAD. Empty
PostSubject: Re: DADT IS DEAD.   DADT IS DEAD. EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 6:13 pm

It's a huge step in the right direction as far as equality goes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html

DADT IS DEAD.
Page 1 of 1