Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mentally handicapped teenager beaten by cops for 'disrespect'

Go down 
+7
Quijotesca
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Rabid Badger
the asylum
neko mata
EileenK98
Malganis
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

Mentally handicapped teenager beaten by cops for 'disrespect' Empty
PostSubject: Mentally handicapped teenager beaten by cops for 'disrespect'   Mentally handicapped teenager beaten by cops for 'disrespect' EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 11:34 am

Link

Quote :
Pamela Ford says her "mentally challenged/handicapped" son Jesse Kersey, 17, was riding his bike near his Dayton home when Officer Willie Hooper stopped him and tried to talk to him.

The mom says that "Prior to the incident described below, defendant Hooper knew Jesse and was aware that Jesse was mentally challenged/handicapped and a minor child."

Nonetheless, Ford says, Hooper "apparently took Jesse's speech impediment for disrespect ... [and] began yelling at Jesse and after Jesse attempted to communicate with him[.] Jesse, being a minor and mentally challenged/handicapped, turned and rode his bike back to his home in an attempt to ask his mother, Ford, to help him communicate with defendant Cooper," according to the complaint in Montgomery County Court.

On the way, the mom says, "A neighbor attempted to communicate with Officer Hooper about Jesse's disabilities and was told to go back into his home, or he would be arrested."

What wonderful, friendly police officer. I know I would feel safer if I had someone like him guarding my community, keping an eye on all those damned disrespectful disabled kids!

Quote :
As Ford opened her front door, she says, Hooper and co-defendant Officer John Howard, "fired their Tasers, striking Jesse in the back with both probes."

"Once inside the house, defendant Hooper and defendant Howard began to struggle with Jesse, who was standing against the back door with his hands up in front of his face, saying 'Please quit, please quit.'

"On numerous occasions, Ford and a family friend, Christopher Peyton, informed Officer Hooper that Jesse was mentally challenged/handicapped, and that Jesse did not understand what was happening," the complaint states.

But the mom says the cops continued their assault: "Officer Howard utilized his Cap-Stun pepper spray and sprayed Jesse ... [and] struck Jesse with a closed fist in the upper chest area.

Because it's not like being hit there has ever killed anyone before, has it?

Quote :
"At no point, even after being advised of Jesse's mental challenge/handicap by Jesse's family and numerous bystanders, did defendant Hooper, defendant Howard, or any other police officer present, attempt to communicate with Jesse or explain in terms he could understand as to why Jesse was being chased.

"Jesse was handcuffed and hogtied before being placed in the back of a police cruiser.

Our tax dollars at work, folks.
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Mentally handicapped teenager beaten by cops for 'disrespect'   Mentally handicapped teenager beaten by cops for 'disrespect' EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 1:34 pm

Jesus Christ, even if he did mouth off to them, which he didn't, that's still no excuse for this brutality. He didn't even try to fight back! And yet he was charged with "assault on a police officer." What assault? Show me the fucking assault!

This is just a couple of bullies beating on an easy target. Makes me sick.
Back to top Go down
neko mata

PostSubject: Re: Mentally handicapped teenager beaten by cops for 'disrespect'   Mentally handicapped teenager beaten by cops for 'disrespect' EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 4:47 pm

I really hope those officials get fired cause of this. Since, it just horrible what they did to this guy for something so little.
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: Mentally handicapped teenager beaten by cops for 'disrespect'   Mentally handicapped teenager beaten by cops for 'disrespect' EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 6:58 pm

Ever heard of the Blue Shield? They'll get a slap on the wrist at the most.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Mentally handicapped teenager beaten by cops for 'disrespect'   Mentally handicapped teenager beaten by cops for 'disrespect' EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 10:19 pm

Sweet Baby Jesus! My mom spent the last 12 years of her life working with mentally handicapped kids, several of whom had trouble speaking clearly, and it only got worse if they were scared or upset. I imagine this poor kid was so terrified, it just made the impediment worse, but for crying out loud, your average person should be able to tell the difference between someone with a speech impediment and some punk kid who's mouthing off. If they can't, then they need to implement some sensitivity training.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Mentally handicapped teenager beaten by cops for 'disrespect'   Mentally handicapped teenager beaten by cops for 'disrespect' EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 9:40 am

Only in America, people. Only in America.

These are the sorts of people who would arrest me for having a seizure in the street on account of causing a public disturbance. Or be so ignorant as to put their fingers into my mouth and then accuse me of assault if I bit them.

Godssakes, the cops need some serious rules enforced because right now they can beat whoever they like and walk away.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Quijotesca
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Quijotesca

PostSubject: Re: Mentally handicapped teenager beaten by cops for 'disrespect'   Mentally handicapped teenager beaten by cops for 'disrespect' EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 12:52 pm

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
Only in America, people. Only in America.

Oh yeah. North Korea is a total paradise for disabled people compared to America. Oh wait.

I'm not saying America isn't fucked up but it's scarcely the only fucked up country when it comes to the rights of disabled people.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Mentally handicapped teenager beaten by cops for 'disrespect'   Mentally handicapped teenager beaten by cops for 'disrespect' EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 1:25 pm

Gotta say that North Korea is a mighty low standard to live up to.
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Mentally handicapped teenager beaten by cops for 'disrespect'   Mentally handicapped teenager beaten by cops for 'disrespect' EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 2:23 pm

Gotta say I've heard about it happening in other countries that aren't North Korea or America.
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: Mentally handicapped teenager beaten by cops for 'disrespect'   Mentally handicapped teenager beaten by cops for 'disrespect' EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 2:27 pm

Penguin wrote:

In both Japan and South Korea, which have high standards of living, the basic train of thought is YOU DON'T HAVE A DISABILITY OR ELSE. Mental illness is a shame upon your whole family, so suck it up princess.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Mentally handicapped teenager beaten by cops for 'disrespect'   Mentally handicapped teenager beaten by cops for 'disrespect' EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 3:09 pm

Sakurelf wrote:
Penguin wrote:

In both Japan and South Korea, which have high standards of living, the basic train of thought is YOU DON'T HAVE A DISABILITY OR ELSE. Mental illness is a shame upon your whole family, so suck it up princess.
Mental retardation is considered a stigma in India.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Mentally handicapped teenager beaten by cops for 'disrespect'   Mentally handicapped teenager beaten by cops for 'disrespect' EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 3:18 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
Sakurelf wrote:
Penguin wrote:

Is there a place where it's not?
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Mentally handicapped teenager beaten by cops for 'disrespect'   Mentally handicapped teenager beaten by cops for 'disrespect' EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 3:20 pm

Penguin wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:
Sakurelf wrote:
Penguin wrote:

Is there a place where it's not?
People go out of their way to hide it there. It can ruin a person's marriage chances to have a mentally retarded family member.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mentally handicapped teenager beaten by cops for 'disrespect'   Mentally handicapped teenager beaten by cops for 'disrespect' Empty

Back to top Go down

Mentally handicapped teenager beaten by cops for 'disrespect'
Page 1 of 1