Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Obese Man Found Fused To Chair

Go down 
+12
Malganis
Dr. Quinzel
Chris91
Raine
grmblfjx
happygothboy
rae
Sutremaine
TheHedonist
Adagio
Sakurelf
villainy
16 posters
AuthorMessage
villainy

Obese Man Found Fused To Chair Empty
PostSubject: Obese Man Found Fused To Chair   Obese Man Found Fused To Chair EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 4:03 pm

I don't know if Fox News is exactly a reliable source, but woah.

Quote :
Officers who responded to the scene said that the man's skin was fused to the fabric of chair and that he was sitting in his own feces and urine with maggots visible.

Can that seriously happen?
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: Obese Man Found Fused To Chair   Obese Man Found Fused To Chair EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 4:24 pm

Yes, it can. but it's more in the sense where the skin that never sees the light of day becomes a wound itself, and the fabric of the chair is like a bandage that's never been changed. It is... horrific.
Back to top Go down
Adagio
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Adagio

PostSubject: Re: Obese Man Found Fused To Chair   Obese Man Found Fused To Chair EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 5:12 pm

... Well that was a bit of information I never needed in my life. Upset
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Obese Man Found Fused To Chair   Obese Man Found Fused To Chair EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 6:02 pm

Quote :
The landlord told WTRF that the man used to be an active person and said she had no idea how bad his condition was since he covered himself with a blanket every time she came to visit.

Um. Don't things that are infected with maggots smell?

Seriously though that's some Silent Hill shit right there.
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: Obese Man Found Fused To Chair   Obese Man Found Fused To Chair EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 7:00 pm

The rest of the room probably smelled as well.
Back to top Go down
villainy

PostSubject: Re: Obese Man Found Fused To Chair   Obese Man Found Fused To Chair EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 11:10 pm

"Damn, this place smells like rotten flesh and I've never seen this man out of his chair. But I don't SEE any rotten flesh, so... Yep, everything is in order!"
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Obese Man Found Fused To Chair   Obese Man Found Fused To Chair EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 11:28 pm

Yeah, it sounds like the entire room was in horrible shape. Most people are going to assume it's something other than THE HUMAN BEING in the chair that smells so terrible.
Back to top Go down
villainy

PostSubject: Re: Obese Man Found Fused To Chair   Obese Man Found Fused To Chair EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 11:48 pm

True, I suppose; but if there were maggots, there were probably flies buzzing around him. You'd think a reasonable person would assume he at least shat his pants, but then again, what can you do about it if they pay the rent on time? I guess if the landlord did expect something, they either didn't care or thought "well, it's not my place to intrude if this guy is sitting in his own waste". I'm not even sure I would have done anything about it (well I would, because I'm a big fat whistleblower, but if I were a normal person).
Back to top Go down
happygothboy

happygothboy

PostSubject: Re: Obese Man Found Fused To Chair   Obese Man Found Fused To Chair EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 12:26 am

Good god that is horriffic... apparently he died a couple of days ago too IDK wether to feel sorry for him though
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Obese Man Found Fused To Chair   Obese Man Found Fused To Chair EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 6:03 am

villainy wrote:
You'd think a reasonable person would assume he at least shat his pants, but then again, what can you do about it if they pay the rent on time? I guess if the landlord did expect something, they either didn't care or thought "well, it's not my place to intrude if this guy is sitting in his own waste".

Quote :

Shockingly, two other able-bodied people lived there---another man, who had a separate bedroom, and the girlfriend of the man who was stuck in the chair. Officials say the girlfriend served food to him, since he never got up.

Bellaire Code Enforcer Jim Chase says now the tennants have been given orders to clean it or leave it.

One officer said it was the worst thing he ever responded to. And most said the worst part of all was the smell. Ironically the landlord says the man in the chair rented from her before and used to be a vital active person.

She says she checked on them periodically but lately he always sat with a blanket over him. She says she had no idea it had come to this.

e: re: reliability of source, it was in the paper over here as well. Only a tiny little side note, but the stories match.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Obese Man Found Fused To Chair   Obese Man Found Fused To Chair EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 7:37 am

And I thought that story about the woman fused to the toilet was bad enough (or am I imagining that?)... at least she was sitting on a toilet and not just a chair.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Obese Man Found Fused To Chair   Obese Man Found Fused To Chair EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 8:06 am

Adagio wrote:
... Well that was a bit of information I never needed in my life. Upset

Me either. pale Truth is not only stranger than faction, a lot of times it's also more disturbing.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Quinzel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Dr. Quinzel

PostSubject: Re: Obese Man Found Fused To Chair   Obese Man Found Fused To Chair EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 8:37 am

Raine wrote:
And I thought that story about the woman fused to the toilet was bad enough (or am I imagining that?)... at least she was sitting on a toilet and not just a chair.
I remember that story, too, though I think her issue was more psychological if I'm remembering correctly. There's no mention of this guy's mental state and if it lead him to do this. Can't think of another reason why an active person would suddenly do this.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Obese Man Found Fused To Chair   Obese Man Found Fused To Chair EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 10:34 am

Yeah I don't think it's even debatable if there's something wrong with this guy. He's been sitting in that chair for two years and pissing himself all this time.

What I want to know is what the hell is wrong with his room mates (I know they say girlfriend, but there hasn't been any sex, cuddling, or shared activities in two years; I get the feeling it's not what we consider a normal relationship).
How do you realize he's shat himself and sat in in all night - has been sitting in it all day now - all week now - hey, he's probably shat himself a couple more times now, it's been a month - hey look there's maggots- and not do something?

Since they managed to keep themselves, and him, fed and alive, and also covered him with a blanket whenever the landlady came over, they must have been slightly saner than him. But not by much.
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Obese Man Found Fused To Chair   Obese Man Found Fused To Chair EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 3:12 pm

grmblfjx wrote:
What I want to know is what the hell is wrong with his room mates (I know they say girlfriend, but there hasn't been any sex, cuddling, or shared activities in two years; I get the feeling it's not what we consider a normal relationship).
How do you realize he's shat himself and sat in in all night - has been sitting in it all day now - all week now - hey, he's probably shat himself a couple more times now, it's been a month - hey look there's maggots- and not do something?

Since they managed to keep themselves, and him, fed and alive, and also covered him with a blanket whenever the landlady came over, they must have been slightly saner than him. But not by much.

I wonder if it's something similar to the mentality of people who keep hoards of trash or dozens upon dozens of animals in their houses? Not necessarily actively abusive, but definitely not mentally all right, either. They might have thought they were providing him with the best of care that they themselves could do; maybe they thought going to any sort of higher authority would open themselves up to prosecution? That could have been a motivating factor.

To a certain degree I understand it, because I have a strong "I can handle this on my own, let me take care of it" attitude when it comes to problems (even ones I can't fix on my own). These people's mentalities might have been a bit like that; just turned up to eleven.

Really sad story all around, though.
Back to top Go down
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miss Misery

PostSubject: Re: Obese Man Found Fused To Chair   Obese Man Found Fused To Chair EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 11:58 am

villainy wrote:

Quote :
Officers who responded to the scene said that the man's skin was fused to the fabric of chair and that he was sitting in his own feces and urine with maggots visible.

Can that seriously happen?

In August 2004, a woman died after being fused to a couch she hadn't move from for 6 freakin' years. That incident inspired an episode of "Nip/Tuck" if I'm not mistaken.

So...um...yeah, it does happen. pale
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Obese Man Found Fused To Chair   Obese Man Found Fused To Chair EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 2:12 pm

Malganis wrote:
Not necessarily actively abusive, but definitely not mentally all right, either.

No I agree, I don't think they were abusive. Just seriously underequipped to handle the situation.
Back to top Go down
Lexin
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lexin

PostSubject: Re: Obese Man Found Fused To Chair   Obese Man Found Fused To Chair EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 3:33 pm

Dr. Quinzel wrote:
There's no mention of this guy's mental state and if it lead him to do this. Can't think of another reason why an active person would suddenly do this.
I can imagine if someone was very deeply depressed they wouldn't get up and would push away anyone who tried to make them.

I have a neighbour I worry about who never goes out and whose flat smells appalling. I've reported it to the local social services, who've visited (to do them justice) but he ignored their calls, and letters. The landlord of the flats visits, but the guy won't answer the door. I've tried to make contact with him, but he won't answer the door. He ignored his sister when she came all the way to the UK from Australia to see him. He wouldn't answer the door when we had a gas leak.

I mean, he would rather die in a gas explosion than come out of his flat. That is some level of mental problem right there.

The last time I saw him was when he set light to the flat by accident and I had to call the fire brigade - that was in May 2009. I'm assured that he's still alive because the landlord has spoken to him through the door - and the landlord only succeeded in that by threatening to call the police to let him in because he feared for my neighbour's life.

So, yes, I can believe that this guy simply sat down one day and refused to get up, eventually dying in his own mess. It's horrible, but yes, I can imagine someone getting to that level of hopelessness.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mpmrommel.co.uk
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Obese Man Found Fused To Chair   Obese Man Found Fused To Chair EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 5:59 pm

TheHedonist wrote:
Quote :
The landlord told WTRF that the man used to be an active person and said she had no idea how bad his condition was since he covered himself with a blanket every time she came to visit.

Um. Don't things that are infected with maggots smell?

Seriously though that's some Silent Hill shit right there.

Are you kidding? It makes Silent Hill look like Disney. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Obese Man Found Fused To Chair   Obese Man Found Fused To Chair EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 4:06 pm

On the whole, I expect most people didn't give a shit and people generally don't expect people to become so pathetic and disgusting that they willingly sit around in their own fecal matter, pissing and shitting themselves.

You see, these things happen, but look at us; we're shocked and disgusted. If we went there we might notice the smell but we wouldn't expect it to be maggots and actual shit on the chair. And most people would either be too polite to mention the smell, or wouldn't care. I'd mention the smell but that's me being me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Obese Man Found Fused To Chair   Obese Man Found Fused To Chair EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 4:48 am

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
And most people would either be too polite to mention the smell, or wouldn't care. I'd mention the smell but that's me being me.

Harley Quinn hyenaholic: Single-handedly ensuring that this article is pure fiction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obese Man Found Fused To Chair   Obese Man Found Fused To Chair Empty

Back to top Go down

Obese Man Found Fused To Chair
Page 1 of 1