Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Because Occasionally, We All Need Some Good News

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

Because Occasionally, We All Need Some Good News Empty
PostSubject: Because Occasionally, We All Need Some Good News   Because Occasionally, We All Need Some Good News EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 7:14 pm

I thought briefly about putting this in the news, but I'm sure someone would complain it wasn't really IMPORTANT news.

Given the state of the World right now, I think we all need a little good news every once in a while.

Nine-Year-Old Loses Leg Saving Little Sister's Life

Quote :
Nine-year-old Anaiah Rucker is being hailed as a hero after saving her sister from being hit by a truck last month. Anaiah told The Today Show's Ann Curry today that she didn't think twice before pushing her little sister out of the path of the vehicle as the pair crossed the street in Madison, Georgia to get to the school bus stop.

Anaiah took the hit, instead, and lost a leg and a kidney for her bravery.

"I love her more than anything," Anaiah told Channel 2's Tom Jones of her five-year-old-sister, Camry. Anaiah said it was raining and her sweatshirt hood was covering her eyes as she and her sister crossed the road. The girls' mother, Andrea Taylor, witnessed her older daughter's act of bravery from the porch of their home, where she watches the girls catch the bus each morning.

"I saw the truck and I was like, 'No,'" Taylor told Channel 2. "I seen my daughter kinda snatch my 5-year-old back, and if it wasn't for that, my 5-year-old would have ... I don't think she would have made it." The driver wasn't charged after police decided he was not at fault.

Today, Anaiah told Curry that she doesn't feel she deserves to be called a hero. She said her sister "was too young to be hit like this, and if she got hit she wouldn't hardly be alive. She would be probably gone forever."

But she's not the only hero here.

Quote :
Anaiah might also not be alive if it weren't for bus driver Loretta Berryman. Berryman pulled over immediately and started performing CPR on Anaiah, who wasn't breathing. "I instructed her mom to hold her head while I gave mouth-to-mouth, chest compressions," Berryman told NBC News. "As she took a breath, my first thing was, 'Thank God.'"

Given that her mother just recently lost her job, the community they live in held a BBQ to help raise money to pay the hospital bills and help rennovate the house so it's handicapped accessable. There's also a fund set up in her name at a local bank that's taking donations.

We all like to think that if we were put in the same situation, we'd do the right thing, but I honestly think that for a child, there is no second guessing or worrying about getting hurt yourself. There's only the fact that she's your little sister and you love her.

Back to top Go down
textrix

textrix

PostSubject: Re: Because Occasionally, We All Need Some Good News   Because Occasionally, We All Need Some Good News EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 7:51 pm

*sniff* Shocked
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Because Occasionally, We All Need Some Good News   Because Occasionally, We All Need Some Good News EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 8:43 pm

This. IS. AWESOME.

Well. Not that she lost her leg. That's shit. But saving her sister is ballin'.

Last edited by InkWeaver on Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Because Occasionally, We All Need Some Good News   Because Occasionally, We All Need Some Good News EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 9:50 pm

Very brave little girl
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Because Occasionally, We All Need Some Good News   Because Occasionally, We All Need Some Good News EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 3:24 am

;_; Good job kiddo, good job. A lot of kids wouldn't have even thought to do anything in that sort of situation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Because Occasionally, We All Need Some Good News   Because Occasionally, We All Need Some Good News Empty

Back to top Go down

Because Occasionally, We All Need Some Good News
Page 1 of 1