Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Western Australia Burning

Go down 
+3
Raine
bleachedblackcat
I_Lam_Edhellen
7 posters
AuthorMessage
I_Lam_Edhellen
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
I_Lam_Edhellen

Western Australia Burning Empty
PostSubject: Western Australia Burning   Western Australia Burning EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 3:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
Bushfires on the outskirts of Perth in Western Australia have destroyed more than 60 homes, officials say.

One blaze has now largely been brought under control, but fire-fighters are still battling the fires to the east and north of the city.

High flames are being whipped up by winds of up to 70km/h (44mph). Hundreds of people have left their homes.

The blazes come exactly two years after 173 people died in bushfires that swept through the southern state of Victoria.

End Quote Colin Barnett Western Australia Premier

More than 100 firefighters are battling from the ground and air to extinguish the fires in the bush-fringed suburbs of Perth.

Swirling flames engulfed 64 houses and damaged 32 more, officials said. There have been no reports of serious injuries or fatalities.

Residents of one Perth suburb, Clifton Hills, have been told they are allowed to return home.

A Fire and Emergency Services Authority incident controller told a meeting of affected residents that the fire had been contained.

But other residents could face a longer wait as the fires in their area, while under control, are still burning.

Western Australia Burning 309696
Back to top Go down
http://www.realelvish.net
bleachedblackcat
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Western Australia Burning   Western Australia Burning EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 3:50 pm

Quote :
Residents of one Perth suburb, Clifton Hills, have been told they are allowed to return home.

Sure! Go back home near the fires! Don't worry, it'll be safe!
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Western Australia Burning   Western Australia Burning EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 4:25 pm

I know they were arresting people at one point to stop idiots who insisted on going back too early.

Western Australia Burning 309696 Australia has probably had the worst start to the year to date. Floods, cyclones, fires... I learnt yesterday that my aunty's sister found her house had been condemned after fleeing from the Cyclone Yasi. She just had a baby and her husband is expected go back to work in a week. They can't find any accommodation and any that becomes available is exorbitantly expensive. Geez...
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Western Australia Burning   Western Australia Burning EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 4:49 pm

I wasn't aware anything but kangaroos lived in western Australia.

Also, when was the last time Australia went a year without some wildfire wreaking havoc? I say we rename the country Kindling Rock.
Back to top Go down
I_Lam_Edhellen
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
I_Lam_Edhellen

PostSubject: Re: Western Australia Burning   Western Australia Burning EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 10:59 pm

Maybe this one hit harder at home than usual because I know someone there whose family lost everything.

Goodness knows I've seen lots of fires in Montana.
Back to top Go down
http://www.realelvish.net
KazTarja

PostSubject: Re: Western Australia Burning   Western Australia Burning EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 2:12 am

We have a hell of a lot of fires in Aus, its the kinda country we live in, but they have been especially bad for the past few years. Same thing with our cyclones and floods Western Australia Burning 309696
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Western Australia Burning   Western Australia Burning EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 9:09 am

Wow, but Mother Nature is really pissing on Austrailia this year. And it's only February.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Western Australia Burning   Western Australia Burning EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 8:11 pm

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
Wow, but Mother Nature is really pissing on Austrailia this year. And it's only February.
Now they're moving into fall, though, so maybe things will calm a bit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Western Australia Burning   Western Australia Burning EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 8:30 pm

Yeah, all the bad stuff generally happens in summer here, so we all breath a little sigh of relief once autumn kicks in. I think we might still get some cyclones, but hopefully they'll be low category ones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Western Australia Burning   Western Australia Burning Empty

Back to top Go down

Western Australia Burning
Page 1 of 1