Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Burning Man Festival

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
EricD
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
EricD

Burning Man Festival Empty
PostSubject: Burning Man Festival   Burning Man Festival EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 9:43 pm

Ah, Burning Man Festival. A celebration of self-expression, art and music in the depths of the Nevada desert. The last true holdout of the free love spirit of the 1960s.

Right?

Right?

Okay, so maybe Burning Man isn't the Neo-Woodstock it likes to portray itself as. Maybe it's just a week-long orgy of drugs, poor decision making and unnecessarily exposed genitals. Now, I've never been, but I found this rant through the wonders of the Internet, all about the supposed 'magic' of Burning Man.

Read on, ye WGWers, read on

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thoughts? Has anyone here been to Burning Man? If so, what have you to say about the Burning Man Festival?
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Burning Man Festival   Burning Man Festival EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 9:54 pm

I've not been to Burning Man, but one of my good friends goes every year. He grumbles about the cost, but he's told me he's never had a bad experience there. And he's probably one of the most straight-laced guys I know other than on the playa.

It's not my thing (I can barely survive 24 hours without a comfy bed and decent plumbing, let alone a week+), but I really think this guy was looking for a fight from day 1. His google-fu is weak (seriously, he couldn't find one thing critical of Burning Man on the internet?), and at the point he invokes Goering he's pretty much lost the debate.

This isn't legitimate criticism. It's just another internet dumbass masquerading as a critic.
Back to top Go down
saeku
Fapmaster
Fapmaster

PostSubject: Re: Burning Man Festival   Burning Man Festival EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 6:27 am

EricD wrote:
Maybe it's just a week-long orgy of drugs, poor decision making and unnecessarily exposed genitals. Now, I've never been, but I found this rant through the wonders of the Internet, all about the supposed 'magic' of Burning Man.

But that makes it sound better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burning Man Festival   Burning Man Festival Empty

Back to top Go down

Burning Man Festival
Page 1 of 1