Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Where does my character live?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dimensia

Dimensia

Where does my character live? Empty
PostSubject: Where does my character live?   Where does my character live? EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 4:00 pm

This one is pretty easy, but what would take me hours might take someone else two minutes.

My character is a criminal investigator, and her team has a roughly 200-mile radius of territory. There should be enough crime to require day-long roadtrips fairly often. My character is valued because she is competent enough to have two better but specialized people go to an area with bigger budgets.

I could say that she's a Hoosier based in a town near Indianapolis. At least I think the rest of the state is desolate enough to share with a team from Gary that rarely leaves the county. But I think I want a slightly larger range with less city.
Back to top Go down
Saleha
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Saleha

PostSubject: Re: Where does my character live?   Where does my character live? EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 4:15 pm

1. I live in Indiana. It is most assuredly NOT in the Mountain Time Zone. We're EST.

2. While this place is way too empty for my taste, it's far from desolate between Gary and Indy.

Get thee to Wyoming. The two biggest cities, Cheyenne and Casper, are slightly less than 200 miles apart, Cheyenne Metro area has ~88,000 people and Casper Metro area ~73,000 (enough people to have a decent amount of crime). Cheyenne is the state's capital, making it likely that criminal investigators there are on a bigger budget despite Casper only being slightly smaller. And finally, it's on MST.
Back to top Go down
http://diva-urd.livejournal.com/
Dimensia

Dimensia

PostSubject: Re: Where does my character live?   Where does my character live? EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 5:45 pm

Yeah, I came from Lake County, IN. That's Gary and the suburbs of Chicago. I've traveled East along 30 and South along 65, and my impression is corn and soybeans with the occasional habitable zone or animal farm. (I went to school in Indy, but did not leave the campus or use my car except for groceries because of fuel costs.)

Still not desolate enough seeing as it only takes a couple of hours to drive across. I figure out west has the same layout on a larger scale.

The idea that my character roadtripped with her coworkers stemmed from when I had contract work with a tech support company in Indy, and that was my first exposure to places like Plymouth and Warsaw.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where does my character live?   Where does my character live? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where does my character live?
Page 1 of 1