Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Toddler in critical condition after 'wrestling' with teenagers

Go down 
+5
Maximilia
Cyberwulf
WD40
Penguin
Malganis
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

Toddler in critical condition after 'wrestling' with teenagers Empty
PostSubject: Toddler in critical condition after 'wrestling' with teenagers   Toddler in critical condition after 'wrestling' with teenagers EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 11:07 am

Wrestling? More like torture.

Quote :
An 18-month-old South Carolina boy is in critical condition after authorities say he was hanged by his ankles in a closet and repeatedly beaten by three teenagers.
Advertisement

Multiple media outlets report that the three teens, ages 14, 15 and 16, are accused of abusing Louis Wright of Charleston. The child's mother, Shakera Wright, has also been charged with allowing the beating to occur.

The defense? They were just playing with the poor little kid.

Quote :
Arrest warrants say the oldest teen admitted the abuse, calling it wrestling.

Yeah, right. More like "poking at something because you like to hear it scream."

Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Toddler in critical condition after 'wrestling' with teenagers   Toddler in critical condition after 'wrestling' with teenagers EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 11:20 am

I have to wonder what exactly the mother thought was going on.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Toddler in critical condition after 'wrestling' with teenagers   Toddler in critical condition after 'wrestling' with teenagers EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 12:08 pm

At the risk of kicking up a shitstorm, why am I under the impression that we wouldn't have heard of this at all had the word 'wrestling' not been used?

The whole 'play-wrestling' thing just reeks of a half-hearted 'We didn't man to do it - we didn't expect him to get hurt this bad' excuse... Although, I'm working on barely a handfull of comments and little knowledge about the whole event, but I'm hard pressed to place the words 'Play-Wrestling' in the same sentence as
Quote :
face swelling, fractured ribs, bruises and lacerations to his spleen, liver and pancreas.
- Christ, Necro Fucking Butcher has't left the ring with that level of punishment!

Oh, and Penguin:

Quote :
She told a social worker the teens "play-wrestled" with the boy Monday. She said they hit her son until she told them to stop.

I think a better question is: "At what point does the mom stop calling the activity 'play-wresting' and start calling it 'hitting' before moving on to 'a level of violence I aught to take exception to."

Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Toddler in critical condition after 'wrestling' with teenagers   Toddler in critical condition after 'wrestling' with teenagers EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 12:38 pm

The article doesn't say at what point the mother came into the room, whether she's the mother of (or related to) the teenagers, whether she's a teenager herself, where the child's father was, where the teenagers' parents were, etc. I find it interesting that we're talking about the mother and not what possesses three teenagers to beat up a baby.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Toddler in critical condition after 'wrestling' with teenagers   Toddler in critical condition after 'wrestling' with teenagers EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 5:46 pm

Well, damn, now I feel like I'm going to be going after the teenagers here because Cy said so. Toddler in critical condition after 'wrestling' with teenagers 309696

But my first thought upon reading this article was, "Don't they know how fragile kids are?" Hanging him upside down and beating him? REALLY? God, maybe this next generation really are a bunch of antisocial bastards... antisocial in this case meaning the actual term: aka, sociopaths.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Toddler in critical condition after 'wrestling' with teenagers   Toddler in critical condition after 'wrestling' with teenagers EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 11:02 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
The article doesn't say at what point the mother came into the room, whether she's the mother of (or related to) the teenagers, whether she's a teenager herself, where the child's father was, where the teenagers' parents were, etc. I find it interesting that we're talking about the mother and not what possesses three teenagers to beat up a baby.

Well we have to talk about the mother because she is, in fact, the mother, and in general, it's assumed that mothers will try to 'protect' their children from a bunch of stupid teenagers who're beating him to death. The fact she seems to have known what was going on and didn't see a need to call a halt to it till the child was basically so badly beaten he later died calls her judgement into question.

My son's used to 'play wrestle,' but they sure's hell didn't try and beat each other to death. And even if the mother's a single teenage mother and the baby's father isn't a part of her life, I find it hard to believe that ANYONE could be so stupid as to think allowing three half-grown kids to basically beat an 18 month old to death was okay.

I also question where the kids got the idea it was okay to do what they were doing, and why a good portion of the world seems to have suddenly gone batshit insane.

Cyberwulf, I realize you tend to be techy where things involving young women and children are involved. I can see why, having read what you've written about Northern Ireland. But just as it isn't fair to believe all men are sexist animals whose only interest is raping women and oppressing them, it isn't fair to always assume that all women are innocent victims of the patriarchy. It sounds to me that she was, most likely, very young and naive, and really had no business having a child, but that's a moot point, because the kid's dead. And unless she can prove she had no idea what the boys were doing to her son, or that they somehow threatened her when she tried to stop them, she's most likely going to go down with them, because I don't think most courts will accept "Well I didn't think they were hurting him that badly" as a reasonable defense.
Back to top Go down
XLT-100852.0
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
XLT-100852.0

PostSubject: Re: Toddler in critical condition after 'wrestling' with teenagers   Toddler in critical condition after 'wrestling' with teenagers EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 12:30 am

'cuse you, it's called sports entertainment, not rasslin.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Toddler in critical condition after 'wrestling' with teenagers   Toddler in critical condition after 'wrestling' with teenagers EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 3:07 am

XLT-100852.0 wrote:
'cuse you, it's called sports entertainment, not rasslin.

It was still called rasslin' when they were kids. Sports Entertainment suggests that what you're watching is an actual sport, like football or curling.
Back to top Go down
XLT-100852.0
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
XLT-100852.0

PostSubject: Re: Toddler in critical condition after 'wrestling' with teenagers   Toddler in critical condition after 'wrestling' with teenagers EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 3:46 am

I was poking fun at the fact that today wrestlers are "superstars" and wrestling is "sports entertainment".
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Toddler in critical condition after 'wrestling' with teenagers   Toddler in critical condition after 'wrestling' with teenagers EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 5:22 am

XLT-100852.0 wrote:
I was poking fun at the fact that today wrestlers are "superstars" and wrestling is "sports entertainment".

Only in the WWE.

Real wrestling fans watch chikara
Back to top Go down
XLT-100852.0
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
XLT-100852.0

PostSubject: Re: Toddler in critical condition after 'wrestling' with teenagers   Toddler in critical condition after 'wrestling' with teenagers EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 5:28 am

WD40 wrote:
Only in the WWE.
And TNA, where released WWE wrestlers go to get fat or roided up.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Toddler in critical condition after 'wrestling' with teenagers   Toddler in critical condition after 'wrestling' with teenagers EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 5:49 am

XLT-100852.0 wrote:
WD40 wrote:
Only in the WWE.
And TNA, where released roided WWE wrestlers go to get fat.

FTFY

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Technically There's a lot less 'roid use in TNA... Less emphasis on physique for the most part. (Which is why you'll never see Samoa Joe in the E) Kurt Angle is in the best shape he's been in for years because he doesn't have to keep up that daft physique and can concentrate on the fitness routines he actually needs.

Has the side effect of making wrestlers who actually are physical adonuses (adoni?) like Mat Morgan stand out more and look more impressive/intimidating (Which, let's face it, is all Morgan's got!). While making WWE style roid-monsters (Like Rob Terry) look comical.

I swear Matt Hardy's recent weight gain was part of his career suicide attempt.

Have we derailed this thread enough yet? Toddler in critical condition after 'wrestling' with teenagers 203843
Back to top Go down
Alhazred
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Alhazred

PostSubject: Re: Toddler in critical condition after 'wrestling' with teenagers   Toddler in critical condition after 'wrestling' with teenagers EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 6:41 am

Back to top Go down
NastyHobbitses

NastyHobbitses

PostSubject: Re: Toddler in critical condition after 'wrestling' with teenagers   Toddler in critical condition after 'wrestling' with teenagers EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 10:43 am

Parenting classes really should be mandatory.
Back to top Go down
http://jiaren-shadow.livejournal.com
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Toddler in critical condition after 'wrestling' with teenagers   Toddler in critical condition after 'wrestling' with teenagers EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 10:59 am

Rabid Badger wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:

Well we have to talk about the mother because she is, in fact, the mother, and in general, it's assumed that mothers will try to 'protect' their children from a bunch of stupid teenagers who're beating him to death. The fact she seems to have known what was going on and didn't see a need to call a halt to it till the child was basically so badly beaten he later died calls her judgement into question.

(more stuff)

Hmm, wait, I thought the child was in critical condition...

That said, I'm pretty much agreeing with Badger here. While it's true that we don't know that much about the circumstances that brought these teens into contact with the mother and her child in the first place, or why she was allowing them to have (apparently) partially unsupervised contact with the child, to me it's a bit like the mothers (and fathers, and grandparents, etc) who put their baby on the floor or strapped into a carseat with an unsupervised dog running about the place, and the dog ends up mauling the child. The parent didn't kill or harm the child willfully or maliciously (unless they're really twisted and planned the whole thing, but that's a tangent); they were just spectacularly stupid and negligent, but it's the child who ends up paying the price for that.

Then again, it's a possibility that the mom asked one or more of these horrors to babysit her child. Perhaps they ended up inviting some friends over to play "Beat the Toddler", the mom returned, and saw what they were doing, and tried to stop it, but it was too late.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toddler in critical condition after 'wrestling' with teenagers   Toddler in critical condition after 'wrestling' with teenagers Empty

Back to top Go down

Toddler in critical condition after 'wrestling' with teenagers
Page 1 of 1