Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Good Manga Thread

Go down 
+15
The Ansem Man
Dick Powers
Verandering
Aggie
Somath Cegem
Snake Bandage
saeku
Blooferlady
InkWeaver
Lapin
theweirdkind
Raine
Zeiss Manifold
Mafiosa
I_Lam_Edhellen
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Ansem Man

The Ansem Man

The Good Manga Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Good Manga Thread   The Good Manga Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 12:49 pm

I remember people not liking Negima. But I am a sad man who does.

Despite the stupid fanservice in the early chapters, it's SO WONDERFULLY GOOD when they get to Kyoto. However, despite it being an arc about one of my favorites, Konoka does not become awesome until later.

As for something else?

The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer--truly good, awesome, hilarious, and dark at the same time. Several heroes with mascot animals must try and save the world with the princess! Except the princess is just as evil, the big bad is bored with life and the main character is smitten by said princess and willingly wants to help her crusade and end everything.
Back to top Go down
vade

vade

PostSubject: Re: The Good Manga Thread   The Good Manga Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 1:24 pm

Yay, another Negima lover! Smile

I can't stop reading to-LOVE-ru. I just... I just need to see who the guy picks (yes, it's harem). It's bothering me that they're not getting to it. So I sit through those cringe-worthy moments to find out if he likes Lala or not.

But one that I do recommend is Zetman. The story line is incredible! Though if you've ever been sexually assaulted certain parts may be triggering. And because of that it is definitely NWS in certain parts.

Kaichou wa Maid sama is another of my favorites. It's romance, yes, but it actually features a strong female protagonist instead of a weak, stupid one that a lot of other mangas usually feature.

Oh, and I watched the Skip Beat anime. I was disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: The Good Manga Thread   The Good Manga Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 7:31 pm

vade wrote:

Kaichou wa Maid sama is another of my favorites. It's romance, yes, but it actually features a strong female protagonist instead of a weak, stupid one that a lot of other mangas usually feature.

I love Kaichou wa Maid-Sama too. I haven't finished it yet though.

The Skip Beat anime was a bit weak. They skipped over a few details that would have helped with character development. They also felt the need to forget about a lot of the other characters and focus on Kyoko. Finding out the reason why Moko-san gets so angry with kids was kinda funny.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: The Good Manga Thread   The Good Manga Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 8:42 am

Can we talk about current manga updates, please?

New chapter of Vinland Saga came out. :O

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
vade

vade

PostSubject: Re: The Good Manga Thread   The Good Manga Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 9:42 am

Raine wrote:
vade wrote:

I love Kaichou wa Maid-Sama too. I haven't finished it yet though.

The Skip Beat anime was a bit weak. They skipped over a few details that would have helped with character development. They also felt the need to forget about a lot of the other characters and focus on Kyoko. Finding out the reason why Moko-san gets so angry with kids was kinda funny.

I'm still mad she didn't end up with Ren. That's all I wanted. I bet she does in the manga, just watch.
Back to top Go down
Notomys mordax

Notomys mordax

PostSubject: Re: The Good Manga Thread   The Good Manga Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 12:08 am

Dude.

Onani Master Kurosawa
When I first stumbled across this I figured that it was just going to be another ecchi manga. I mean, the title roughly translates into "masturbation master Kurosawa" but I was completely blown (no pun intended) out of the water. The plot surrounds the psychological development of a 15-year-old boy whom gets caught masturbating in the girl's bathroom. Despite the fact that the majority of the plot surounds masturbation, it's actually not a terribly graphic little manga which focuses mostly on the psychological development of the characters.

And it's also part Death Note parody.

Lolz promised.
Back to top Go down
KGarrett
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
KGarrett

PostSubject: Re: The Good Manga Thread   The Good Manga Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 12:18 am

Gyro's Grillz wrote:

Spoiler:
I'm still a little surprised that everything up to that point was the prologue.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: The Good Manga Thread   The Good Manga Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 11:28 am

Alright guys, I found another places to check out Berserk, since the other two I knew of took them down.
Back to top Go down
KGarrett
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
KGarrett

PostSubject: Re: The Good Manga Thread   The Good Manga Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 11:51 am

I thought mangafox still had it up, but all right.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: The Good Manga Thread   The Good Manga Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 12:21 pm

KGarrett wrote:
Gyro's Grillz wrote:

Spoiler:
I'm still a little surprised that everything up to that point was the prologue.

That's a badass way of doing a prologue.

Also, I forgot to mention Real. It's a slice of life comic by the same man who wrote Vagabond and Slam Dunk. It's about a highschool drop out and two cripled young men. All three of them share the same passion for basketball and have to deal with the various ways they have effected people around them.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: The Good Manga Thread   The Good Manga Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 8:12 pm

A few more to recommend. Also, I started reading Deadman Wonderland, and it is BRILLIANT.

Fly High: Only a few chapters so far, but I'm finding it a very interesting read. Meru, a girl who was taken by her father to be trained in martial arts in the middle of nowhere (because the father didn't realise she was a girl), returns back home and finds herself having to attend a normal school for once. However, the school isn't so normal in the fact that the student council has been forcefully disbanded by a bunch of bullies. Meru decides to take matters into her own hands and become president.

It's got a lot of grey areas and relationship between Meru and the bullies is bizarrely intriguing. Also... PRETTY ART.

Mononoke: I would actually say watch the anime rather than read the manga adaption. The anime is a little strange to follow at times though. You have to start by watching the last three episode of Ayakashi: Samurai Horror Stories before moving onto Mononoke which is a spin-off. This manga is based off the Ayakashi episodes, but it hasn't gotten very far.

But basically, the series follows a mysterious man who is known only as the 'Medicine Seller'. If there was ever a feudal Japanese version of Doctor Who, I could almost say this was it. The Medicine Seller appears wherever a demon has taken up residence, and by working out the Form, Truth and Reason for it he is able to kill them with a magic sword. It all sounds very strange, but the stories are brilliant works which can bring a tear to your eye.

1/2 Prince: I'm pretty sure this was made in Taiwan rather than Japan, but that doesn't make it any less awesome (even if I have trouble keeping up with the names personally). This series is about a girl who is dared by her brother to play as a male character in an MMORPG. She accepts, and from there it only gets stranger, especially since the rules state female players can't have a male character. Being the first person to log into the game, however, she is granted her request. And with no thanks to one of the game moderators, ends up being the hottest guy in the game and chased by basically every female on there.

I'm not sure why I'm reading this series exactly. It's a bit like a wackier version of .Hack//, but also an interesting take on the typical shonen hero. In real life, the girl is completely oblivious to any romantic interests. But the whole RL/Game identity thing does get hard to follow at times. There's even a sense of bizarre sexism about the whole thing too. Ehh... I guess this is more of a guilty pleasure to read than anything.
Back to top Go down
Sorsa A. Jänis
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sorsa A. Jänis

PostSubject: Re: The Good Manga Thread   The Good Manga Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 12:35 am

Seconding Ludwig Kakumei. That manga is made of win, I just hate the open and very rushed ending the author threw on us.

Chii's sweet home is one awesome manga that tells about cat's life. It's funny and makes you go awww about million times per chapter. My avatar is the main character Chii.
Back to top Go down
http://sunbeamattack.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Good Manga Thread   The Good Manga Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Good Manga Thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2