Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground

Go down 
+41
myeerah
Somath Cegem
EileenK98
Jesus.
Alhazred
Braigwen
Malganis
Knight
Freezer
Grunge
Mr.Doobie
T.S.Orr
The Alien from Uranus
the asylum
Sutremaine
Verandering
Khajidu
Penguin
grmblfjx
Loaf
rachel
The Unoriginal
Drabbler
ZoZo
Jay/Cris
Aggie
Psy-4
Cyberwulf
Mafiosa
Chris91
gaijinguy
Miss Prince
saeku
Sheba
TheHermit
Maximilia
KGarrett
Mikey Go WOOGA
Lady Anne
XLT-100852.0
Spotts1701
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Alhazred
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Alhazred

Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground   Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 9:49 pm

Drabbler wrote:

Al, I said nothing whatsoever about the pool of terms against men being any less sexist. I merely addressed the specific part of Uranus's statement about why that term he gave was being used primarily for men. In fact, the words you're putting in my mouth are pretty much the opposite of what I would say on the subject. The fact is, once you realize that the pool of terms is there, the overuse of the one term for women becomes less an issue of misogyny and more one of laziness.

...yeah, I completely missed the dynamic of the conversation there. Sorry about that.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground   Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 10:39 pm

Alhazred wrote:
Drabbler wrote:
Uranus, there are a bunch of insults (that one included), ranging from mild to very strong, that are used primarily for men. But most of them aren't inherently masculine; they're just not used for women because one female-specific term gets used instead. If a man's acting like a jerk, there are plenty of terms of varying severity available, or you can get creative. "That man is a festering boil." If a woman's acting the same way, all too often, people go straight to canine comparison.

So insulting men isn't as bad as insulting women because variety is exercised when insulting men, but women getting one generic insult makes it worse?

actually no its because gendered insults toward women are built upon centuries of oppression and modern day inequality where men continue to be the privileged gender

when you choose to insult someone specifically because of their inherent gender identity it's sexist because you are pointing out that someone is bad specifically because they are a woman and not because they are a jerk or a butt or a cheat or what have you. you are only taking issue with the fact that they dare to be female and female is "bad"
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground   Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 10:46 pm

actually let's lay this down on the table: it's not nice to insult people at all

but it's especially not nice if you include race, sexuality or genitalia into that mix
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground   Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 11:05 pm

Drabbly wrote:
I don't know, Mikey. It was just what came to mind. The term does get some good insult-related hits on Google, though.

I think you want Penny. Razz

Chucklefuck is still the best so far.

Mafiosa wrote:
actually let's lay this down on the table: it's not nice to insult people at all

but it's especially not nice if you include race, sexuality or genitalia into that mix

Which is kind of the point of an insult. Colbert
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground   Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 11:09 pm

Cyberwulf doesn't post for three pages and counting.

Everyone wanks anyway.

GENIUS?
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground   Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 11:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Miss Kitten

Miss Kitten

PostSubject: Re: Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground   Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 11:48 pm

InkWeaver wrote:
Cyberwulf doesn't post for three pages and counting.

Everyone wanks anyway.

GENIUS?

DING DING DING! Fap
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Hmm.   Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:43 am

So a quick recap of the thread so far:

A says something sexist

B calls him on it

C, D, E and F proceed to scream and roar about thought police, fee-fees and humourless feminists

G and H blame B for the derail

Now does that strike anyone else as kind of fucked?
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground   Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:54 am

YMMV
Back to top Go down
Alhazred
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Alhazred

PostSubject: Re: Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground   Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 2:26 am

Cyberwulf wrote:

A says something sexist

B calls him on it

C, D, E and F proceed to scream and roar about thought police, fee-fees and humourless feminists

Well, if you would just stop being a deranged lunatic living in an imaginary world carefully constructed to shield you from reality, bent on attention whoring so hard your avatar becomes a reasonable assumption of what you must look like sitting at your computer humourless feminist, it wouldn't happen so often, would it?
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground   Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 2:28 am

Cyberwulf wrote:

A says something sexist

B calls him on it

I'm picking up on that, too, with the addition that the original topic of the thread had lost steam because everyone agreed it was unfair and stupid and fucked.
Back to top Go down
Psy-4
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction

PostSubject: Re: Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground   Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 2:46 am

Cyberwulf wrote:
It does strike me, and pretty hard too. Who knew that a guy made of straw could throw a punch?

I know it's hard that people aren't buying into the loud overreactive 'feminism' you seem to exhibit. I'm sorry that not everybody wants to roll around with you in the outrage and indignation over trivial shit, like an outdated reference that uses inappropriate language.

I understand that it's unbelievable that some people don't accept your self-righteous horseshit, and that your backpats with ZoZo, Ver and Sutremaine impress noone. It's interesting how a reference with no genuine hate behind it qualifies as casual misogyny, in the way that makes me wonder if you were ever subjected to any.

And I've never got how after all this time of repeatedly getting your ass beat by arguments, you're still here. Always concerned for marginalizing groups and insults, yet the thing people remember you most for was using scat enthusiasts activities as an insult. (Just look for the Drabbler's title)

Overreaction, smell of misandry of various degrees of subtlety permeating your posts, putting words into other people's mouths', double standards, and self-pitying bullshit. You call it 'fucked'. I call it 'Monday'.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground   Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 2:59 am

Psy, poppet, cover up. Your privilege is showing!
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground   Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 3:09 am

Look at the people writing long, frothing spiels about how very very wrong I am in response to a calm, measured post by me. And oh Psy, I do love how 'slut' is nothing but disagreeing with a man (or perhaps mentioning sexism at all?) is misandry. The irony is quite orgasmic.

Even more ironic is the implicit suggestion that we just keep our mouths shut if someone writes something we don't like, lest we come off as deluded and humourless.
Back to top Go down
Alhazred
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Alhazred

PostSubject: Re: Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground   Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 3:17 am

Quote :
Look at the people writing long, frothing spiels about how very very wrong I am in response to a calm, measured post by me. And oh Psy, I do love how 'slut' is nothing but disagreeing with a man (or perhaps mentioning sexism at all?) is misandry. The irony is quite orgasmic.

Excitedplz
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground   Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 5:34 am

I wonder what these little bastards would have done if a PERSON had been trapped in the house?

Oh, I know!

"There's a person trapped inside the house!"

"I got a great idea! Let's make flame-grilled hamburgers!"
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground   Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 6:32 am

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
I wonder what these little bastards would have done if a PERSON had been trapped in the house?

Oh, I know!

"There's a person trapped inside the house!"

"I got a great idea! Let's make flame-grilled hamburgers!"

You've missed the boat Harley. This thread is about the word "slut". Resistance is futile.

Quote :
The thing about frenum ladders that squicks me is that they look so... fragile. I mean, I guess they aren't, but... yeah.

Maybe my PA makes me biased, but I don't think frenum ladders are that squicky.

Though, granted, there comes a point where you can pierce up your dick/vagina so much that it looks dangerous to have sex with you.

I heard of this one very rare piercing where the hole goes through the bottom of your mouth, and than comes out under your chin. I can't find the article on BMEzine, but I do know that long time health concerns associated with this piercing include "leaking".
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground   Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 7:01 am

So I just did an interesting tally of the posts since the original derail, and categorised them according to their content. Because some posts mention more than one subject, they were counted under more than one heading.

Feminist posts
- written by Cyberwulf: 3

Sexism: 6
Gender issues: 11
Context: 3
Restating other POV as a ridiculous extreme: 2
Other: 7

Non-feminist posts

Which mention Cyberwulf: 14
Defending sexist remarks: 1
Downplaying sexist remarks: 8
Context: 8
Restating other POV as a ridiculous extreme: 9
Feminist bashing: 6

So who's really blowing this out of proportion?
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground   Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 8:38 am

What is your armor save
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground   Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 10:25 am

everyone ignored my post Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground   Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 11:11 am

ZoZo wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:

A says something sexist

B calls him on it

I'm picking up on that, too, with the addition that the original topic of the thread had lost steam because everyone agreed it was unfair and stupid and fucked.

I thought the policy was totally fair and intelligent and celibate. Colbert

Psy-4 wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:

It does strike me, and pretty hard too. Who knew that a guy made of straw could throw a punch?

I know it's hard that people aren't buying into the loud overreactive 'feminism' you seem to exhibit. I'm sorry that not everybody wants to roll around with you in the outrage and indignation over trivial shit, like an outdated reference that uses inappropriate language.

I understand that it's unbelievable that some people don't accept your self-righteous horseshit, and that your backpats with ZoZo, Ver and Sutremaine impress noone. It's interesting how a reference with no genuine hate behind it qualifies as casual misogyny, in the way that makes me wonder if you were ever subjected to any.

And I've never got how after all this time of repeatedly getting your ass beat by arguments, you're still here. Always concerned for marginalizing groups and insults, yet the thing people remember you most for was using scat enthusiasts activities as an insult. (Just look for the Drabbler's title)

Overreaction, smell of misandry of various degrees of subtlety permeating your posts, putting words into other people's mouths', double standards, and self-pitying bullshit. You call it 'fucked'. I call it 'Monday'.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground   Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 12:14 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
So I just did an interesting tally of the posts since the original derail, and categorised them according to their content. Because some posts mention more than one subject, they were counted under more than one heading.

Feminist posts
- written by Cyberwulf: 3

Sexism: 6
Gender issues: 11
Context: 3
Restating other POV as a ridiculous extreme: 2
Other: 7

Non-feminist posts

Which mention Cyberwulf: 14
Defending sexist remarks: 1
Downplaying sexist remarks: 8
Context: 8
Restating other POV as a ridiculous extreme: 9
Feminist bashing: 6

So who's really blowing this out of proportion?

And you would have a point if this were the first time you've taken a great steaming dump all over a thread to protest THE PATRIARCHY!!! As it is, this is just everyone being so familiar with the Cyberwulf song-'n'-dance they can complete it without your involvement. I suppose you deserve a congratulations for that.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground   Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Actually, dear, if you read the thread correctly, it was Sutremaine who first called Gaij on his bullshit.

Which kind of nearly demonstrates Cyberwulf's post, right there.
Back to top Go down
Just Chipper
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Just Chipper

PostSubject: Re: Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground   Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 2:11 pm

XLT-100852.0 wrote:
Not being a shit poster is so hard. Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground - Page 9 309696
Fixed that for you.

I don't know what's worse; the usual suspects who miss every point of the Raging Evil Feminist posters or the dipshits who dance around the arguments posting about cakes/animals/whatever, tapping their hypothetical nose at the proverbial forum fourth wall in a "Oh WGW, you're so crazy!" sort of way. We get it. You're wacky zany. Now go continue treating the bad DeviantArt fanart thread like it's the DeviantSnark LiveJournal community and post snippets of medicore fanfiction above captions of : facepalm : please thanks.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Hmm.   Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 2:16 pm

Re: Hermit - Score another one blaming feminists for the derail. I swear if I ever left this place these guys would never get an erection again.

Last edited by Cyberwulf on Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground   Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Firefighters Watch Home Burn To The Ground
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next