Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

21 prize budgies stolen from budgie breeder...

Go down 
+4
Dr. Quinzel
grmblfjx
Mikey Go WOOGA
Seule
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

21 prize budgies stolen from budgie breeder... Empty
PostSubject: 21 prize budgies stolen from budgie breeder...   21 prize budgies stolen from budgie breeder... EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 8:30 am

...and the champion stamped to death.

I never knew the world of budgie breeding was so competitive.

For the link-phobic:

Quote :
On the eve of a big show, 21 of [Andrew Pooley's] prized birds had been stolen and his champion, Penmead Pride, had been stamped to death.

Police today confirmed that they were investigating the break-in at Pooley's aviary and were working on the theory that a jealous rival was the guilty party.

I doubt it wasn't malicious, considering that the thieves somehow knew exactly which one bird to kill.

Quote :
"I feel terrible. It has been my life's work... Those birds are worth the world to me. Since the attack, seven more have died just from shock, it's completely destroyed my faith in humanity."

So... that's that, then.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: 21 prize budgies stolen from budgie breeder...   21 prize budgies stolen from budgie breeder... EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 9:40 am

STAMPED TO DEATH?!?!

OH LAWDY, WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE POSTAGE!?!?!?

Seriously, there has to be a cheaper way to kill a bird. It's like 40 cents a stamp nowadays.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: 21 prize budgies stolen from budgie breeder...   21 prize budgies stolen from budgie breeder... EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 10:30 am

Dude's faith in humanity may be lost, but my faith in Mikey is never disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Quinzel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Dr. Quinzel

PostSubject: Re: 21 prize budgies stolen from budgie breeder...   21 prize budgies stolen from budgie breeder... EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 8:39 pm

I had to look up what a budgie was, and it's those annoying, noisy birds that pet stores usually have 20+ of. I thought it'd be something a lot more...significant?

Still, I feel bad for the breeder. I hope they find the asshole responsible.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: 21 prize budgies stolen from budgie breeder...   21 prize budgies stolen from budgie breeder... EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:22 pm

Upset Oh god.
That's just fucked. The bird didn't do anything wrong, ffs.
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: 21 prize budgies stolen from budgie breeder...   21 prize budgies stolen from budgie breeder... EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 9:39 pm

Poor birdies... D:
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: 21 prize budgies stolen from budgie breeder...   21 prize budgies stolen from budgie breeder... EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 1:54 am

Explosion kills six and a separate fire threatens Boulder, Colorado: Something about sewage and saving animals.

Some useless birds die: OH NOEZ, OH THE HUMANITY AVIANITY(sp?), OH GAWD WHY DID THIS HAPPEN!?!?!?!

You fools: Keeping you priorities very interesting since 1999.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: 21 prize budgies stolen from budgie breeder...   21 prize budgies stolen from budgie breeder... EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 3:00 am

Seule wrote:
I doubt it wasn't malicious, considering that the thieves somehow knew exactly which one bird to kill.

I think it was most likely malicious because they stole a bunch of birds and killed one of them. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Grimley Fieendish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Grimley Fieendish

PostSubject: Re: 21 prize budgies stolen from budgie breeder...   21 prize budgies stolen from budgie breeder... EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 1:04 pm

As the stolen birds were potentially worth up to several thousand pounds each, for breeding purposes, one wonders if it the Birds were "stolen to order", by a rival breeder...
It seems that Penfield Pride may been delibrately stamped to death, either because it was too recgonisable to sell, or more maliciously, to "send a message" to the breeder...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 21 prize budgies stolen from budgie breeder...   21 prize budgies stolen from budgie breeder... Empty

Back to top Go down

21 prize budgies stolen from budgie breeder...
Page 1 of 1