Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Thanos6
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Thanos6

Ghostbusters: The Video Game Empty
PostSubject: Ghostbusters: The Video Game   Ghostbusters: The Video Game EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 2:49 am

Just beat the Wii version. It's pure awesome. The gameplay is really good (the Wiimote just feels right as a proton pack), and the graphics are a nice hybrid of the movies and the cartoon style.

But best of all? The story and acting are top-notch. These really does feel like an interactive Ghostbusters III. Aykroyd, Ramis, Hudson, and Murray all slip into their old roles like they'd never stopped playing them, and Annie Potts and William Atherton also return to spice things up. The writing sparkles, with a plot that is both original while also connected to both of the movies (resolving a couple of unanswered questions from them both along the way). All of the Ghostbusters have great dialogue, too.

Perfect? No; there can be a couple of control issues, mainly while trying to navigate objects through doors. But it's pretty close. If you enjoyed the movies, buy this. If not, rent the movies, then at least give this game a rent as well.
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters: The Video Game   Ghostbusters: The Video Game EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 10:21 am

I've been playing the hell out of it. PKE readings suggest that this game is indeed very Yeah.
Back to top Go down
Trioculus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Trioculus

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters: The Video Game   Ghostbusters: The Video Game EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 7:20 pm

I haven't played it yet myself; even as a lifelong Ghostbuster fan, I admit I was one of the few skeptics--Ramis and Aykroyd wrote the somewhat lacking movie sequel, after all.

But even with a plot that once again boils down to "Venkman's Love Interest Menaced by the Supernatural, Take Three", all the buzz has been pretty good. They even threw in a couple of nods to the cartoons and even one of the fan films; I hope to get it eventually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters: The Video Game   Ghostbusters: The Video Game Empty

Back to top Go down

Ghostbusters: The Video Game
Page 1 of 1