Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

These are dark days for rock

Go down 
+11
InkWeaver
Just Chipper
Mikey Go WOOGA
Rabid Badger
Maximilia
Raine
Somath Cegem
Verandering
Malganis
the asylum
Filth
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

These are dark days for rock - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: These are dark days for rock   These are dark days for rock - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 9:58 pm

And apparently, Death hasn't had it's fill yet:

Slipknot Bassist Found Dead in Iowa Hotel

Though the inclusion of "Iowa' is a bit redundant, given that's where the band came from in the first place and still lives.

Quote :
Paul Gray, the bassist for Grammy-winning metal band Slipknot, was found dead Monday in an Iowa hotel room but there was no indication of foul play, police said.

A hotel employee found Gray, 38, dead in a room at the TownePlace Suites in Urbandale, a suburb of Des Moines, police said in a statement. An autopsy was planned for Tuesday.

"Paul Gray was an awesome person on and off stage. He will be missed by many including myself," Jacoby Shaddix, lead singer of metal band Papa Roach, said in a statement late Monday. "His spirit will live on through the killer music he wrote."

The autopsy will be held tomorrow, but the guy had a long history of drug abuse, so I'm not really surprised.

The bassist in Andrew's band plays in one of Corey Taylor's side projects, and Andrew's actually met the band in person several times (without their masks). I imagine he's gonna take this hard.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: These are dark days for rock   These are dark days for rock - Page 2 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 10:41 am

Filth wrote:
The Westboro Baptist Church is apparently planning on picketing Dio's funeral.

Those bastards would picket an Easter egg hunt.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: These are dark days for rock   These are dark days for rock - Page 2 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 8:32 pm

Chris91 wrote:
Filth wrote:

Those bastards would picket an Easter egg hunt.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
God hates eggs!
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: These are dark days for rock   These are dark days for rock - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 8:55 am

Lady Anne wrote:
Chris91 wrote:
Filth wrote:

God hates eggs!

That would make a great title for a parody website. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: These are dark days for rock   These are dark days for rock - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 10:29 am

Am I the only one who feels vaguely offended they consider both Dio and Lady GaGa picket-worthy? I mean, I do not hate Lady GaGa, but they are not the same thing at all.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: These are dark days for rock   These are dark days for rock - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 3:57 pm

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
Am I the only one who feels vaguely offended they consider both Dio and Lady GaGa picket-worthy? I mean, I do not hate Lady GaGa, but they are not the same thing at all.

They also bunch US soldiers killed in Iraq, homosexuals, and anyone who doesn't believe exactly as they do into the same group as Lady GaGa and Ronnie James Dio, None of these things have anything in common, but that's never stopped them in the past, and I doubt it will stop them in the future.

Maybe if we told them that Rob Halford, lead singer of Iron Maiden, is gay, their heads would explode.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: These are dark days for rock   These are dark days for rock - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:00 pm

Nihilist wrote:
Rabid Badger wrote:

Maybe if we told them that Rob Halford, lead singer of Judas Priest, is gay, their heads would explode.

FTFY. Bruce Dickinson is the lead singer of Iron Maiden.

Well color me embarassed. Especially since I own several Judas Priest albums. Blush
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: These are dark days for rock   These are dark days for rock - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 6:23 am

Malganis wrote:
Filth wrote:
The Westboro Baptist Church is apparently planning on picketing Dio's funeral. That I'm not surprised in the least doesn't make me any less angry or disgusted.

I'm wondering why the WBC doesn't try to picket Peter Steele's (private) funeral. The only explanation I can think of is that A) he's not famous enough, B) they can't figure out when it's being held and where, and C) they'd already committed to picketing Dio's funeral. I guess they can only spread themselves so thin.

Well... let's just say that I think the people attending Dio's memorial may decide to be not-so-peaceful in response to their 'peaceful demonstration'. I bet someone with sufficent finger strength could use the il cornuto to poke out some eyeballs.

...just sayin' These are dark days for rock - Page 2 961878 Trollface

...seriously, what are they doing, fucking with metalheads? Don't they know that's the most brutal of all genres? *waits to hear if someone or someones goes all Varg Vikernes on the WBC's collective butt*

Oh yes. Because metalheads beating them up and feeding into their martyr-complex even more is totally a good thing you guys. Especially if one of them gets murdered. That won't, like, encourage them or anything. It's not like they're massive attention whores that thrive off the hatred of the people they picket or anything.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: These are dark days for rock   These are dark days for rock - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 12:12 pm

Well, if they get to die for God, they'll be happy. Everyone else will be happy that they're dead.

I see no downside. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: These are dark days for rock   These are dark days for rock - Page 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 7:46 am

Rabid Badger wrote:
Reepicheep-chan wrote:

They also bunch US soldiers killed in Iraq, homosexuals, and anyone who doesn't believe exactly as they do into the same group as Lady GaGa and Ronnie James Dio, None of these things have anything in common, but that's never stopped them in the past, and I doubt it will stop them in the future.

Maybe if we told them that Rob Halford, lead singer of Iron Maiden, is gay, their heads would explode.

Their heads may explode anyway thanks to all that repressed anger they're carrying around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: These are dark days for rock   These are dark days for rock - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

These are dark days for rock
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2