Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

D.C. Mayor Honors Leader of the Ex-Gay Movement

Go down 
+4
The Unoriginal
Rabid Badger
Princess
Lapin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

D.C. Mayor Honors Leader of the Ex-Gay Movement Empty
PostSubject: D.C. Mayor Honors Leader of the Ex-Gay Movement   D.C. Mayor Honors Leader of the Ex-Gay Movement EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 8:37 am

Since the Washington Post requires you to have an account to view it, I have to post from my physical copy.

The Mayor of D.C. is one Adrian Fenty. You know, that guy who just signed into effect the D.C. law that told bigots to suck it and that gays could get married in the Capitol? Well, let me explain something about Fenty; he's infamous for screw-ups.

That's how we get this:

Quote :
D.C. Mayor Adrian Fenty apologized Thursday for his decision to issue a certificate of appreciation honoring the leader of the "ex-gay" movement, which believes homosexuals can be "re-habilitated". But local gay leaders said they were not satisfied.

Gee, I wonder why? Meet Regina Griggs, executive and director of Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays and Gays:

Quote :
Griggs also defended her movement, saying scientists have yet to discover a "gay gene".

"We believe people have a right to self-determination," Griggs said.

Everyone do me a favor and Google 'Ivanka Savic'. Read her work. Then print it out and line up to beat this dumb bitch over the head with it.

Fenty's staff is claiming this is a staff error, which makes me think someone just handed it to him and he signed, because that sounds like something he would do. Gawddamnit, read what you are signing Fenty! And stop doing such embarassing things!
Back to top Go down
Princess
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Princess

PostSubject: Re: D.C. Mayor Honors Leader of the Ex-Gay Movement   D.C. Mayor Honors Leader of the Ex-Gay Movement EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 8:53 am

Would I be the only one who would think that he had just been slipped the gay marriage bill/what-have-you? If it happens once, it becomes more likely to happen twice. Wink
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: D.C. Mayor Honors Leader of the Ex-Gay Movement   D.C. Mayor Honors Leader of the Ex-Gay Movement EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 7:31 pm

Quote :
Griggs also defended her movement, saying scientists have yet to discover a "gay gene".

Odd how that right disappears if you determine you're gay...

Also, the reason scientists haven't discovered a ''gay gene' is because sexuality (beyond what sex you're born) isn't determined by genetics. It's determined by a long list of other things, which vary from person to person. If it were a matter of genetics, then my twin sons should either be both gay or both straight.
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: D.C. Mayor Honors Leader of the Ex-Gay Movement   D.C. Mayor Honors Leader of the Ex-Gay Movement EmptySat May 01, 2010 4:43 am

Rabid Badger wrote:
Quote :

Odd how that right disappears if you determine you're gay...

Also, the reason scientists haven't discovered a ''gay gene' is because sexuality (beyond what sex you're born) isn't determined by genetics. It's determined by a long list of other things, which vary from person to person. If it were a matter of genetics, then my twin sons should either be both gay or both straight.
Well, there are identical twins discordant for well-known genetic conditions, such as Hirschsprung's disease and Down's syndrome, so...
Heck, there are identical twins discordant for gender (three guesses how).
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: D.C. Mayor Honors Leader of the Ex-Gay Movement   D.C. Mayor Honors Leader of the Ex-Gay Movement EmptySat May 01, 2010 3:05 pm

(Not gender, sex. Gender is not genetic.)
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: D.C. Mayor Honors Leader of the Ex-Gay Movement   D.C. Mayor Honors Leader of the Ex-Gay Movement EmptySat May 01, 2010 6:42 pm

Verandering wrote:
(Not gender, sex. Gender is not genetic.)
I knew it was the other way round. D'oh.
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: D.C. Mayor Honors Leader of the Ex-Gay Movement   D.C. Mayor Honors Leader of the Ex-Gay Movement EmptySat May 01, 2010 8:29 pm

Okay, I... understand that Fundamentalists have used the Ex-Gay movement for their own bigoted purposes, but I really don't think there's really a problem with the mayor honoring its leader.

Ex-Gays in general shouldn't be discriminated against just because homophobes try and insist all gays can and/or should change.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: D.C. Mayor Honors Leader of the Ex-Gay Movement   D.C. Mayor Honors Leader of the Ex-Gay Movement EmptySat May 01, 2010 8:35 pm

Except that she was honored for her work in the ex-gay movement. That movement that gets poor gay kids sent to "rehab" camps to make them straight. The one that convinces adults that their lifestyle is wrong and sinful and they should feel ashamed. The one that convinces people if they just try hard enough, they'll be straight. The one that has as much scientific basis as creationism.

Yeah. Her work in that movement was what she was honored for.
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: D.C. Mayor Honors Leader of the Ex-Gay Movement   D.C. Mayor Honors Leader of the Ex-Gay Movement EmptySat May 01, 2010 8:41 pm

The whole movement? Even these Parents and Friends people? I thought Griggs said people had the right to self-determination. Cognitive dissonance truly is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: D.C. Mayor Honors Leader of the Ex-Gay Movement   D.C. Mayor Honors Leader of the Ex-Gay Movement EmptySat May 01, 2010 8:42 pm

Chaltab wrote:
The whole movement? Even these Parents and Friends people? I thought Griggs said people had the right to self-determination. Cognitive dissonance truly is amazing.

Whose cognitive dissonance?
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: D.C. Mayor Honors Leader of the Ex-Gay Movement   D.C. Mayor Honors Leader of the Ex-Gay Movement EmptySat May 01, 2010 8:51 pm

The people who say that people have the right of self-determination and yet try and force people to 'be straight'.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: D.C. Mayor Honors Leader of the Ex-Gay Movement   D.C. Mayor Honors Leader of the Ex-Gay Movement EmptySat May 01, 2010 8:53 pm

Chaltab wrote:
The people who say that people have the right of self-determination and yet try and force people to 'be straight'.

Okay, I was just making sure. It's been a long week and I didn't want to go off on a tangent because of poor comprehension.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: D.C. Mayor Honors Leader of the Ex-Gay Movement   D.C. Mayor Honors Leader of the Ex-Gay Movement EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:45 pm

Lapin wrote:
Since the Washington Post requires you to have an account to view it, I have to post from my physical copy.

The Mayor of D.C. is one Adrian Fenty. You know, that guy who just signed into effect the D.C. law that told bigots to suck it and that gays could get married in the Capitol? Well, let me explain something about Fenty; he's infamous for screw-ups.

Being a screw-up is practically a job requirement for the DC mayor's office. Just ask Marion Barry. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: D.C. Mayor Honors Leader of the Ex-Gay Movement   D.C. Mayor Honors Leader of the Ex-Gay Movement Empty

Back to top Go down

D.C. Mayor Honors Leader of the Ex-Gay Movement
Page 1 of 1