Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Baby burned to death in car seat

Go down 
+5
Dick Powers
Lady Anne
Rabid Badger
SirDixonDongs
Malganis
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

Baby burned to death in car seat Empty
PostSubject: Baby burned to death in car seat   Baby burned to death in car seat EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 7:25 pm

Link

Quote :
A 5-month-old Newton boy burned to death last August on a glass stove top because a burner was accidentally switched on while the baby sat in his car seat atop the stove, Jasper County authorities announced Thursday.

The stove... for fuck's sake...

Quote :
His caretakers had placed the baby in his car seat on top the stove to avoid a dog in the residence, a Newton Police Department news release said.

At some point, the control for the left rear burner was bumped into the on position, which ignited the car seat and led to the baby’s death.

OOPS.

... Idiots. Baby burned to death in car seat 199471

Quote :
ATF technicians recreated the Newton kitchen in a Beltsville, Md., laboratory. Using the same makes and models of stove and car seat, ATF agents determined the knob could have been bumped on by either the placement of the car seat or gentle rocking of the seat, an ATF report released Thursday said.

The ATF also determined that because of the car seat’s placement, it obscured indicator lights and the burner that would have given visual indication the burner was on.

Further tests showed the car seat easily caught fire when exposed to the burner.

“Within five minutes the burner ignited the infant car seat and the … was fully engulfed,” the ATF report said. “The results of the fire recreation were consistent with the information obtained during the investigation.”

Baby burned to death in car seat 846489 What a hideous, hideous way to die...
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Baby burned to death in car seat   Baby burned to death in car seat EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 7:35 pm

between this, fryer-chan and backpack-kun i think we're set for delicious children for a while
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Baby burned to death in car seat   Baby burned to death in car seat EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 7:35 pm

what next death by ice cream maker
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Baby burned to death in car seat   Baby burned to death in car seat EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 8:14 pm

I remember when this initially happened. I can't believe the father got away with no charges. I don't care if it WAS a glass-topped stove, nobody with half an ounce of brains should sit a baby on top of a stove period.
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Baby burned to death in car seat   Baby burned to death in car seat EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 8:32 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
I remember when this initially happened. I can't believe the father got away with no charges. I don't care if it WAS a glass-topped stove, nobody with half an ounce of brains should sit a baby on top of a stove period.

The article says the death was labeled as an "unfortunate accident". Accident caused by dumbassery, more like it. And "unfortunate" doesn't begin to cover it. Angry
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Baby burned to death in car seat   Baby burned to death in car seat EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 11:23 pm

SirDixonDongs wrote:
You just cursed that into existence.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Baby burned to death in car seat   Baby burned to death in car seat EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 11:24 pm

SirDixonDongs wrote:
I'd rather see a death by cotton candy maker. OM NOM NOM NOM
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Baby burned to death in car seat   Baby burned to death in car seat EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 9:00 am

I sort of love how people are "HOLY SHIT! CAR SEATS CATCH FIRE?!?!" They honestly needed a teat to find that out?
Back to top Go down
Azzandra
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Azzandra

PostSubject: Re: Baby burned to death in car seat   Baby burned to death in car seat EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 1:31 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
SirDixonDongs wrote:
You just cursed that into existence.
Actually, I bet it's already happened, somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Baby burned to death in car seat   Baby burned to death in car seat EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 7:10 pm

bleachedblackcat wrote:
I sort of love how people are "HOLY SHIT! CAR SEATS CATCH FIRE?!?!" They honestly needed a teat to find that out?

Actually, if you check the safety tag on a car seat, one of the things it will tell you is that it contains flammable materials and should not be exposed to flame. The fact they have to put a TAG on it to keep people from sitting it on top of the stove to warm baby up is worrisome in a way I prefer not to contemplate, because it suggests the death of common sense.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Baby burned to death in car seat   Baby burned to death in car seat EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 7:16 pm

So they put they're baby on top of a stove and was surprised when he caught fire.

Thanks, Darwin.
Back to top Go down
Salamas
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Salamas

PostSubject: Re: Baby burned to death in car seat   Baby burned to death in car seat EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 8:18 pm

Wait...Wait... How quickly did that stove top heat up? Wouldn't it have taken a while with a burning smell before it went *boom*?
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Baby burned to death in car seat   Baby burned to death in car seat EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 8:34 pm

Salamas wrote:
Wait...Wait... How quickly did that stove top heat up? Wouldn't it have taken a while with a burning smell before it went *boom*?

It was one of those glass-topped stoves with the coiled filament burners, so I imagine it takes a slight bit longer to heat up. I do, however, think you'd definately smell something burning by the time the kid was on fire enough to sustain serious injury. Unless the dad was drunk, which I've always suspected was the case
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baby burned to death in car seat   Baby burned to death in car seat Empty

Back to top Go down

Baby burned to death in car seat
Page 1 of 1