Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

True Blood!

Go down 
+34
Malganis
kelly
TheHedonist
SirDixonDongs
Braigwen
InkWeaver
Sheba
Kremlin
Deutschtard
kleine_kat
Dr. Professor Science
Mikey Go WOOGA
Waffles
unskilled78
VB
T.S.Orr
Lembech
Snoof
DeeDee
rae
KelinciHutan
ZoZo
Chocho
LeeLee
The Unoriginal
I_Lam_Edhellen
Lapin
Freezer
myeerah
theweirdkind
Trivia
Miraba
Maximilia
Narwhal
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

True Blood! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 6:55 pm

They're generally called cougars in my neck of the woods (in fact, I've seen "cougars" as school mascots in my travels).

Derp, I totally envisioned the big black cats when I read the books. Pfft.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 7:33 pm

I always remember the buff-colored description, because Sookie saw one's hand transform once when he was pissed off, and since she thought they were werewolves (panthers are so badass they get to call themselves weres too and she misunderstood), she was thinking that it was a really weird color for a wolf to be. If they were black, she wouldn't have thought that.

Yep, they're called mountain lions, pumas, cougars, panthers, etc. They're all the same animal. They have the one in a million chance of being black, due to it not being a good gene to pass on, so there probably is the occasional black one, somewhere, every few generations.

@Kel: I've heard "painters" too, but mostly from old men.
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 8:13 pm

InkWeaver wrote:
Derp, I totally envisioned the big black cats when I read the books. Pfft.
If it makes you feel any better, I thought so, too. I guess I just skimmed the books on their parts because, for some reason, they really pissed me off.
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 10 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 8:56 pm

Wow. Slightly off-topic, but I just now (like, thirty seconds before I wrote this) heard that there have been cougar sightings in my area. Apparently some guy caught them on camera after they killed one of his horses, and they've been spotted along the road I always drive to church.

I don't know whether to be slightly scared or really impressed or what.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 2:11 pm

Jaguars have been spotted in Texas again too. Big cats are making a comeback around the whole area.

For reference, jaguars actually used to be native to the United States. Then we killed the ever-loving fuck out of them due to their tendency to kill the ever-loving fuck out of us. Now they're moving back up here and no one is sure what to do. They're dangerous, but they're also endangered.
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 2:58 pm

So...I hated Alcide in the books. Where the heck did this awesome guy come from? And can I have one? Smile

Bill, on the other hand, is a freakin' idiot.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 3:33 pm

Bill is totally dumb, yes. Although I was thinking he was just imagining he lit Lorena on fire. Nice to know he actually did. :D

Terry's still awesome.

Sookie also goes into the 'moron' category too with this episode.

Bud is overworked, lolololol.
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 4:11 pm

Lapin wrote:
Yep, they're called mountain lions, pumas, cougars, panthers, etc. They're all the same animal. They have the one in a million chance of being black, due to it not being a good gene to pass on, so there probably is the occasional black one, somewhere, every few generations.

Hmmm... if they lived in a jungle-type area, I can see black being a good color. In the desert, not so much. I had no idea that color was so rare, though.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 10 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 5:52 pm

Malganis wrote:
Lapin wrote:

Hmmm... if they lived in a jungle-type area, I can see black being a good color. In the desert, not so much. I had no idea that color was so rare, though.

Only our breeding population of mountain lions has almost bred out the black gene to my knowledge. Jaguars are much more likely to be born black (Still not common though). Black was not common in our mountain lions to begin with though (to my knowledge).

Also, what happened right after Bill started twisting Lorena's head? My recording cut off right there.
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 10 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 7:15 pm

Lapin wrote:
Also, what happened right after Bill started twisting Lorena's head? My recording cut off right there.
That's basically the end of the episode.
Spoiler:
That scene really bothers me on many levels. Every time Lorena shows up we get served up with something bizarre, off-putting, and totally horrific and this time was no exception. I could have gone my whole life.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 10 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 7:18 pm

Well, Lorena's pretty bizarre.
Back to top Go down
pirategrrl
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
pirategrrl

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 2:46 am

KelinciHutan wrote:
Lapin wrote:
Spoiler:
That scene really bothers me on many levels. Every time Lorena shows up we get served up with something bizarre, off-putting, and totally horrific and this time was no exception. I could have gone my whole life.

And that's about the time when I started laughing hysterically. Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK.
It's like that time they were fucking in a mattress covered with blood with some 20s lady bleeding out beside them. What the hell?!

I have to say: Not sexy. Not sexy at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fictionpress.com/~pirategrrl
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 8:37 am

pirategrrl wrote:
KelinciHutan wrote:
Lapin wrote:
Spoiler:

And that's about the time when I started laughing hysterically. Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK.
It's like that time they were fucking in a mattress covered with blood with some 20s lady bleeding out beside them. What the hell?!

That's what they're trying to do is draw the parallel between Sookie and Lorena. They're hitting us over the head with a giant log to do it, but Lorena is supposed to be the "monster" side of Bill, and Sookie his "humanity". They're really overdoing it, but... it wasn't supposed to be sexy.
Back to top Go down
pirategrrl
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
pirategrrl

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 10:42 am

Maximilia wrote:
pirategrrl wrote:
KelinciHutan wrote:
Lapin wrote:
Spoiler:

That's what they're trying to do is draw the parallel between Sookie and Lorena. They're hitting us over the head with a giant log to do it, but Lorena is supposed to be the "monster" side of Bill, and Sookie his "humanity". They're really overdoing it, but... it wasn't supposed to be sexy.

Wait a minute. Don't get me wrong, I completely understand that it wasn't supposed to be sexy. However, why do they feel they have to go so overboard is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 2:06 pm

Because the average American TV viewer has a brain the size of a pea?
Back to top Go down
pirategrrl
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
pirategrrl

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 10:17 pm

Maximilia wrote:
Because the average American TV viewer has a brain the size of a pea?

Of course. Should know this.
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 10 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 8:39 pm

Because I'm a total nerd and have no life, I watched the pilate episode with commentary with Alan Ball. If you watch one of the scenes, Jason has a cap on with a panther on it, which looks like a cougar, so I think they're intending on staying true to the books.
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 2:13 am

So...

HOW do I survive until next Sunday? Someone please be telling me because I'm having trouble with the concept.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 7:05 am

Yeah, I'm pretty much freaking out right there wth you Inky. I was really pissed that Bill is back and that Sookie freaking ran and hugged him after that lovely phone conversation they had. What the fuck Sookie?

Also, Eric!History! I totally called what Eric was going to say when his dad was like "Stop being so slutty" (I can try).

I am not a huge fan of Crystal or her stilted dialogue though. Could her lines be any more lame?
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:26 am

I was seriously WTFing over Franklin being all, "She's as messed up as I am... IT'S TRU WUV!" At first, he was sexy in a dangerous kind of way. Now, he's just f'ing crazy.

Also, definitely a WTF Sookie.

Terry is still awesome.

Sam is just asking for trouble. ><
Back to top Go down
pirategrrl
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
pirategrrl

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 1:30 pm

Lapin wrote:
Yeah, I'm pretty much freaking out right there wth you Inky. I was really pissed that Bill is back and that Sookie freaking ran and hugged him after that lovely phone conversation they had. What the fuck Sookie?

Seriously!!! I can't believe Sookie just let him [Bill] get away with that one!

I lol'd when Eric's dad said, "You can't spend your life between a woman's legs." I'm pretty sure that line was in one ear out the other for Eric.
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 2:49 pm

Maximilia wrote:
I was seriously WTFing over Franklin being all, "She's as messed up as I am... IT'S TRU WUV!" At first, he was sexy in a dangerous kind of way. Now, he's just f'ing crazy.
I'm sort of liking it. I mean he's obviously a whole pack of french fries short of a full Happy Meal, but he's trying in his hideously screwed up, crazy way to actually be nice to Tara. It's hilarious, in a really, really screwed up way.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 4:15 pm

KelinciHutan wrote:
Maximilia wrote:
I'm sort of liking it. I mean he's obviously a whole pack of french fries short of a full Happy Meal, but he's trying in his hideously screwed up, crazy way to actually be nice to Tara. It's hilarious, in a really, really screwed up way.

Oh, I agree. I hated Tara's subplot last season. I'm rather enjoying it this season. I'm still WTFing it, but enjoying it nevertheless.
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 6:48 pm

I've been enjoying the Tara/Franklin subplot. It's twisted and makes no bones about that, which I appreciate. None of this, "It's ok if he wubs her" that I see in other places *cough*Twilight*cough*

Is anyone else just completely annoyed at the Jason-as-cop plots? I'm seriously beginning to loathe it.

I'm also really kind of pissed that they've turned Calvin Norris into a drug dealer. True Blood! - Page 10 309696 I really liked Calvin in the books. Also annoyed with Flood.

But I lurved Erik's flashback ever so much, and I'm fairly interested in whatever is going on between Jolee and Tommy.
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 11:57 pm

I was thinking...

I'll be sad if they don't put Quinn in the series.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

True Blood!
Page 10 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next