Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Scenes that don't really fit...

Go down 
+8
Rabid Badger
Tungsten Monk
Somath Cegem
Dick Powers
Mafiosa
Raine
Bamshalam
Hot Cancer
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

Scenes that don't really fit... Empty
PostSubject: Scenes that don't really fit...   Scenes that don't really fit... EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 3:22 pm

So, I watched Let the Right One In today. Not my taste really, a bit slow paced with a touch of pedobear material in it. But other people apparently liked it.

Basically, it's covers the love story between a 12 year old boy and a female vampire that was turned at 12 (hence the pedobear territory), and is generally serious, character driven, plodding and a bit boring if I'm honest, for more than the first hour. But then there's a scene where a woman, turned by the vampire (she was driven off before she could kill her), is attacked by cats. And it looks like this:

I'm sorry, but in the middle of this really serious film, why do you put something in that looks like a live action version of a Terry Gilliam animation? It didn't really add a huge piece to the plot, and even if it did, it could've been directed differently, and the film resumes being slow and plodding afterwards. It's almost like they started out trying to write a comedy, changed their minds, but still had the cat scene recorded and wanted to put it in.

Couldn't take the film seriously after that.

Anyone have other examples of this?
Back to top Go down
Bamshalam
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Bamshalam

PostSubject: Re: Scenes that don't really fit...   Scenes that don't really fit... EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 3:44 pm

Was she actually being attacked by cats, or did she just go crazy?
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Scenes that don't really fit...   Scenes that don't really fit... EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 3:47 pm

I always thought the deer attacking scene in the remake of The Ring was incredibly bizarre. Yes, they chalked it up to the father having all those antlers in the basement, but really... What the hell? There was never a scene like that in the original.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Scenes that don't really fit...   Scenes that don't really fit... EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 4:01 pm

PANCAAAAAAAKES
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Scenes that don't really fit...   Scenes that don't really fit... EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 4:55 pm

Bamshalam wrote:
Was she actually being attacked by cats, or did she just go crazy?

She was really being attacked.

In the end:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Hot Cancer on Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Scenes that don't really fit...   Scenes that don't really fit... EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 4:58 pm