Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Christian Spotlight on Entertainment

Go down 
+22
Sheba
Mae Bedlam
grmblfjx
Indigo
Verandering
Cactus Wren
Keith Fraser
Snoof
Lysander
Rabid Badger
Yorokobi
Kremlin
Trioculus
Delcat
Mafiosa
Malganis
Psy-4
Lady Anne
Hot Cancer
Raine
theweirdkind
Seule
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

Christian Spotlight on Entertainment - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Spotlight on Entertainment   Christian Spotlight on Entertainment - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 3:57 pm

Miss Prince wrote:
Raine wrote:
Delcat wrote:
Raine wrote:
Oh wait, I'm betting they're comparing every single one of these to that terrible VeggieTales series.
Son, don't make me take you behind the woodshed. VeggieTales is an example of Christian media done right. It focuses on broad morals such as kindness, honesty, and acceptance instead of batshit "do EXACTLY as we say or you will go to HELL". While it's obviously a Christian show, with mentions of God and biblical stories and such, most of the episodes are just as accessible to non-religious kids. More importantly, it's actually entertaining. Seriously, that shit is funny. Watch it sometime. Try the Gilbert and Sullivan episode. The songs will get stuck in your head for weeks on end, but the intelligent humor makes it worth it.

You know I go to church and I'm often on Sunday school, right? This video is in our library collection and I've had to endure many episodes of it. This kids watch it for all of five minutes before they get bored with it and they're running all over the place. They seem to like it much better when I read Bible stories to them in funny voices and get them to answer questions at the end. =/

You must have gotten really unlucky with episodes, I guess. Even I like Veggietales, and I hate being preached at. I know lots of (more faithful than I, by virtue of actually having faith) people who love it.

It's hard not to like Silly Songs with Larry.
Back to top Go down

Christian Spotlight on Entertainment
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3