Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Christian Spotlight on Entertainment

Go down 
+22
Sheba
Mae Bedlam
grmblfjx
Indigo
Verandering
Cactus Wren
Keith Fraser
Snoof
Lysander
Rabid Badger
Yorokobi
Kremlin
Trioculus
Delcat
Mafiosa
Malganis
Psy-4
Lady Anne
Hot Cancer
Raine
theweirdkind
Seule
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Psy-4
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction

Christian Spotlight on Entertainment - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Spotlight on Entertainment   Christian Spotlight on Entertainment - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 2:51 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
Whatever happened to the principle of 'The Lord helps those who help themselves?'
God helps those who help themselves - is it in the Bible?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Answer: "God helps those who help themselves" is probably the most often quoted phrase that is not found in the Bible. This saying is usually attributed to Ben Franklin, quoted in Poor Richard's Almanac in 1757. In actuality, it originated from Algernon Sydney in 1698 in an article titled Discourses Concerning Government. Whatever the original source of this saying, the Bible teaches the opposite.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Christian Spotlight on Entertainment   Christian Spotlight on Entertainment - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 5:59 pm

I know it's not in the Bible. That doesn't make it any less applicable. I have little to no patience with people who find it necessary to pray over EVERYTHING, including what breakfast cereal God wants them to eat this morning. And yes, I've known people who were that extreme about it.

Also, there are a good many precepts in the Bible that ARE applicable that people feel free to ignore. Love thy neighbor as thyself. Judge not least you be judged. Do not be haughty and puffed up with pride. Jesus said all those things, but I've notice plenty of Christians who are perfectly willing to ignore them. So they're also ignoring precepts that ARE spoken of in the Bible.
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Christian Spotlight on Entertainment   Christian Spotlight on Entertainment - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 6:03 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
I know it's not in the Bible. That doesn't make it any less applicable. I have little to no patience with people who find it necessary to pray over EVERYTHING, including what breakfast cereal God wants them to eat this morning. And yes, I've known people who were that extreme about it.

So... when exactly did they eat? Did they ever eat? Shocked

Rabid Badger wrote:
Also, there are a good many precepts in the Bible that ARE applicable that people feel free to ignore. Love thy neighbor as thyself. Judge not least you be judged. Do not be haughty and puffed up with pride. Jesus said all those things, but I've notice plenty of Christians who are perfectly willing to ignore them. So they're also ignoring precepts that ARE spoken of in the Bible.

Truefax.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Christian Spotlight on Entertainment   Christian Spotlight on Entertainment - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 6:24 pm

Malganis wrote:
Rabid Badger wrote:

So... when exactly did they eat? Did they ever eat? Shocked

Okay, true story. I had an aunt and uncle who were heavily into the Jesus People movement during the late 60s-early 70s (they started out as hippies, but were too religious for drugs, so that was pretty much their only choice). They used to come and visit us every summer, and they refused to eat breakfast with us because my mom let us kids have sugared cereal, bacon, fried eggs, things like they. So they'd stay out in their little airstream trailer (they had three kids, BTW), and my uncle would pray for the Lord to tell them what they could eat for breakfast. Invariably, it was always granola (this was long before granola became common). And not just any granola; home-made granola. Without milk. Because they couldn't get unpasturized milk in Iowa (they came from California).

It just totally and completely weirded my mother out, because they were extremely polite, but they basically brought their own food with them, and insisted on fixing their own meals. They wouldn't let their kids eat anything but natural peanut butter and wheat bread.

The only time they broke the tradition was on Sunday, when they'd actually have Sunday dinner with us.

Years later, my cousins told me that one of the things they loved about coming back to Iowa every summer was the fact my parents let us kids have candy, and if their mom and dad weren't around, my mom would make them lunch-meat sandwiches (which were apparently the work of Satan).

The thing is, as long as you kept them off the subject of religion, we got along fine. I loved having someone my own age around to play with (my two oldest cousins were three and four years younger than me), and my aunt definately had the family sense of humor. They just had this massive blind spot where their religion was concerned. They used to go to church with us on Sunday and Wednesday nights (my dad was still preaching back then), but I always got the vague impression they didn't feel we were holy enough for them.
Back to top Go down
Psy-4

PostSubject: Re: Christian Spotlight on Entertainment   Christian Spotlight on Entertainment - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 7:37 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
I know it's not in the Bible. That doesn't make it any less applicable.
Does it?

The Lord doesn't help those who help themselves. So this does not apply to Christians.

What actually applies is, "Help yourself, don't rely on others." Blasphemy and insults optional.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Christian Spotlight on Entertainment   Christian Spotlight on Entertainment - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 3:09 am

Because parents aren't ever supposed to teach their children right and wrong, and explain to them appropriate behaviour. No, instead they should all just be ignorant of all other alternatives. That's how the world should be! 8D
Back to top Go down
Indigo

Indigo

PostSubject: Re: Christian Spotlight on Entertainment   Christian Spotlight on Entertainment - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 6:45 am

Dudes. Seriously. This is the place to be. These guys are fucking crazy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The ChildCare Action Project. Otherwise known as, Christian Film Reviews.

This is their review of The Lion King.

THE FUCKING LION KING. Yes. That movie you loved when you where a kid, the one you showed to your children. Okay, it's basically Hamlet on the savannah but you know, it's still cool. And this is what they've got to say for themselves;

Quote :
Wanton Violence/Crime (W)

• attempted eating of animal character
  • threat of violence, repeatedly
  • coercing to kill
  • planning murder
  • imagery of nazi-esque servitude
  • physical assault, repeatedly
  • order to kill
  • threat to kill
  • animal attack to kill, repeatedly
  • trickery to kill
  • fight to the death
  • animal killing

Impudence/Hate (I)
  • deceit with the young, betrayal, repeatedly
  • adolescent lie to mother
  • sneaking to defy parents
  • song of freedom from accountability
  • defiance of parental authority endangering one's own health and the health of another
  • lies, repeatedly, especially to deflect accountability and to falsely place guilt
  • violence during protective actions
  • "It's to die for"
  • coaching to run away
  • gross-out humor: eating insects
  • "You don't deserve to live"

Sexual Immorality (S)
  • Homosexual suggestion by "Want me to dress in drag?"

Drugs/Alcohol (D):
  • none noted

Offense to God (O)
  • "circle of life" - we all will die once and live twice, but not in reincarnation or the ecological cycle
  • use of "gene pool" to suggest evolution
  • shamanism/witchcraft, repeatedly
  • astrology
  • "fool" [Matt. 5:22]
  • image of Zen meditation
  • consulting the dead
  • five uses of Jesus' name in vain

Murder/Suicide (M)
    murder of character

• Yup. That's right. It's offensive because the Dad dies, okay, a little scary, but

Quote :

• "circle of life" - we all will die once and live twice, but not in reincarnation or the ecological cycle
    use of "gene pool" to suggest evolution

• Yup. Evolution bad. Will fuck your kids. And....

Quote :
    image of Zen meditation

Yup. Meditation, that's evil to. Screw inner peace.

And, just to make it even better, they compare Scar to HITLER. I shit you not. Check it out if you don't believe me.

The thing that really pisses me off about this lot is the fact that they seem to have no understanding of, or make any concessions to, the moral message. If someone does something bad onscreen it's automatically corrupting, even if that character is obviously a bad guy and the film is obviously condemning his/her actions.

The whole thing about "Impudence/Hate" gets to me too. Any time a child questions a parent, even if they've got a right to, that's evil. Tattoos; they're evil, piercings; evil.

I genuinely can't understand what there is left to make a story out of if you take away any sense of danger or conflict. I wanna see these guys make a movie. I think it'd probably be a two hour film of some kids reading the Bible quietly.
    Back to top Go down
    Raine
    Challenge Winner!
    Challenge Winner!
    Raine

PostSubject: Re: Christian Spotlight on Entertainment   Christian Spotlight on Entertainment - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 7:06 am

Indigo wrote:
    Dudes. Seriously. This is the place to be. These guys are fucking crazy.

What the hell did I just read? Oh wait, I'm betting they're comparing every single one of these to that terrible VeggieTales series.

Here's a good one...

Quote :
    102 Dalmations
    # Offense to God:
    # the use of "6660"
    # "Dogs are people, too"
    Back to top Go down
    grmblfjx
    Hot and Botherer
    Hot and Botherer
    grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Christian Spotlight on Entertainment   Christian Spotlight on Entertainment - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 7:52 am

Indigo wrote:
    I genuinely can't understand what there is left to make a story out of if you take away any sense of danger or conflict. I wanna see these guys make a movie. I think it'd probably be a two hour film of some kids reading the Bible quietly.

I can help you out, there. The boy's mother sent him a movie put out by a church community. I have to give it to them, considering the fact that none of them were actual actors and they probably filmed this in people's homes, it turned out pretty professional. But what the movie was about (as much as I remember, anyway):

The main guy is a Christian high school football coach. He has trouble with some people who think he's a bad coach, he's trying to connect to one difficult kid (father problems) on the team, and he and his wife are trying but failing to conceive.

Of course, in the end his wife is pregnant, his team wins the important game, and the difficult kid visits his father in the office, where the following happens.

Kid: "Dad, can I talk to you?"
    Random Customer Person: "Uh, I'll wait outside then."
    Kid: "No, everyone can hear what I have to say."
    RCP: "Okay, then."
    Kid: "Dad, I've realized that you only want what's best for me, and from now on, what you say, goes." *leaves*
    Dad: *speechless*
    RCP: "Man, what I wouldn't give to hear that from my own kid."

The message that it's good to never question authority irked me to no end. But hey.
    Back to top Go down
    Mae Bedlam
    Sporkbender
    Sporkbender
    Mae Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: Christian Spotlight on Entertainment   Christian Spotlight on Entertainment - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 8:11 am

CAP has, of course, given a wopping two movies its perfect score of 100:

Mary Poppins, where there's magic going on but Mary Poppins is apparently an angel so that makes it different from that Satanic Harry Potter rabble and therefore okay.
    Quote :
    While there were several occurences of "magic," there was nothing evil or sinister about any of the "magic." Mary could have been angelic. While some might consider the "We won't go to sleep!" from Michael to Mary Poppins to be arrogance and/or impudence, the obstinence was NOT at his parents. All instances of Jane and Michael taking issue with parental authority (e.g., the song) were with respect and even apology.

Aaaaaaaand some obscure family movie no one cares about.
    Quote :
    After a number of years as a professional architect, Don grows sullen and much too somber when compared with Rebecca who has always been bright and a little flighty. But, she made Don laugh -- until recently. Now there is a stern and so proper husband living with a still fun-loving wife. Not a good combination. And how four very pleasant and intelligent kids were produced by this dueling duo is beyond me. But it is just a movie.

This phrase is the mark of a true movie reviewer.

Quote :
    But still the kids are not at all happy with the separation, so they devise devices to get mom and dad back together. And that is probably the best part of this very, very good movie. I will not spoil any more of it for you and hope that you find the tape of this movie.

GOOD HEAVENS I AM LYING AWAKE WONDERING IF THIS WHOLESOME MOVIE HAS A HAPPY ENDING

Quote :
    Some very, very loving and courageous kids and parents wise enough to listen to them in the right ways made this movie an honor for me to see. The only sad thing about Who Gets the House is the revealing of America's entertainment diet by it -- I was the only one in the auditorium when I watched this movie.
    Back to top Go down
    Delcat
    Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
    Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Christian Spotlight on Entertainment   Christian Spotlight on Entertainment - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 2:53 pm

Raine wrote:
    Oh wait, I'm betting they're comparing every single one of these to that terrible VeggieTales series.
    Son, don't make me take you behind the woodshed. VeggieTales is an example of Christian media done right. It focuses on broad morals such as kindness, honesty, and acceptance instead of batshit "do EXACTLY as we say or you will go to HELL". While it's obviously a Christian show, with mentions of God and biblical stories and such, most of the episodes are just as accessible to non-religious kids. More importantly, it's actually entertaining. Seriously, that shit is funny. Watch it sometime. Try the Gilbert and Sullivan episode. The songs will get stuck in your head for weeks on end, but the intelligent humor makes it worth it.

...oh hey, they reviewed the Gilbert and Sullivan episode. Certainly they can't say anything against--
    Quote :
  • intimidation by the bad of the good to do bad
  • character cast adrift at sea to "punish"

Impudence/Hate (I)

• the Viking lifestyle presented for the most part as attractive and desirable
  • lying to distract attention
    OH LORDY NOT A PORTRAYAL OF BAD PEOPLE TRYING TO GET GOOD PEOPLE TO BE BAD! GOD FORBID YOUR KIDS SEE PEER PRESSURE IN ACTION, AND THE DESTRUCTIVE IMPACT IT HAS...waiiiiit.

ETA: OH LORDY 1000 POSTS...for the third time. That's pretty much the cue for the forum to go under so I have to start from scratch again, be warned.

Last edited by Delcat on Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down
    http://delcat.insanejournal.com
    Mafiosa
    You crack me up, little buddy!
    You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Christian Spotlight on Entertainment   Christian Spotlight on Entertainment - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 2:56 pm

Quote :
    the Viking lifestyle presented for the most part as attractive and desirable

But this is a good thing.
    Back to top Go down
    Hot Cancer
    Playwright
    Playwright
    Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Christian Spotlight on Entertainment   Christian Spotlight on Entertainment - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 3:06 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
    Quote :
    the Viking lifestyle presented for the most part as attractive and desirable

But this is a good thing.

Sitric Silkbeard for the win!
    Back to top Go down
    Delcat
    Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Christian Spotlight on Entertainment   Christian Spotlight on Entertainment - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 3:11 pm

Wait a second, they did that "Jesus" movie that one corporation mailed to everybody a few years ago. Why did it only get an 80? What could possibly--
    Quote :
    Wanton Violence/Crime (W):
  • talk of being killed
  • graphic slicing off of an ear
  • brutality, repeatedly
  • beating, repeatedly
  • driving nails through ankles and wrists

Impudence/Hate (I)(1):
  • adolescent Jesus wandering off from parents in a public place
  • deceit leading to death
  • lies

Sex/Homosexuality (S):
  • brief full side male nudity

Drugs/Alcohol (D):
  • drinking

Offense to God (O)(2):
  • demonic possession

Murder/Suicide (M)(3):
  • murder by crucifixion
    I. ...I.

• ...I don't even have anything funny to say that. It's too meta for me to comprehend.
    Back to top Go down
    Sheba
    Shitgobbling pissdrinker
    Shitgobbling pissdrinker
    Sheba

PostSubject: Re: Christian Spotlight on Entertainment   Christian Spotlight on Entertainment - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 3:14 pm

Review of Happy Feet wrote:

• twice a smaller penguin is seen making what could be viewed as doglike mating motions on the leg of a larger penguin, both male
    cleverly masked overtones and phrases made well known by protagonists of the homosexual movement

• Damn those gay singing penguins!
    Back to top Go down
    Rabid Badger
    Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Christian Spotlight on Entertainment   Christian Spotlight on Entertainment - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 4:22 pm

Delcat wrote:
    Wait a second, they did that "Jesus" movie that one corporation mailed to everybody a few years ago. Why did it only get an 80? What could possibly--
    Quote :
    Wanton Violence/Crime (W):
  • talk of being killed
  • graphic slicing off of an ear
  • brutality, repeatedly
  • beating, repeatedly
  • driving nails through ankles and wrists

Impudence/Hate (I)(1):
  • adolescent Jesus wandering off from parents in a public place
  • deceit leading to death
  • lies

Sex/Homosexuality (S):
  • brief full side male nudity

Drugs/Alcohol (D):
  • drinking

Offense to God (O)(2):
  • demonic possession

Murder/Suicide (M)(3):
  • murder by crucifixion
    I. ...I.

• ...I don't even have anything funny to say that. It's too meta for me to comprehend.

But...but...ALL THAT IS MENTIONED IN THE BIBLE AS ACTUALLY HAPPENING! PAUL SLICED OFF THE CENTURION'S EAR WHEN THEY CAME TO ARREST JESUS, AND JESUS HEALED HIM. JUDAS COMMITTED SUICIDE OUT OF HORROR AT WHAT HE'D DONE. ARE THESE PEOPLE SAYING IT'S OKAY TO READ THESE THINGS IN THE BIBLE BUT NOT ACTUALLY VIEW THEM ONSCREEN?

CHRIST WAS CRUCIFIED, YOU NITWITS! AND YOU'RE COMPLAINING IT'S TOO GRAPHIC? IT WAS GRAPHIC. CRUCIFIXION WAS ONE OF THE WORST WAYS TO DIE THE ROMANS COULD COME UP WITH, YET CHRIST DID IT WILLING TO SAVE YOUR STUPID SOULS. AND ALL YOU CAN DO IS WHINE ABOUT BRIEF MAIL NUDITY? DO YOU THINK THEY HONESTLY CARED WHETHER THE PEOPLE BEING CRUCIFIED WERE WEARING CLOTHES AND WERE COMFORTABLE WHILE THE PROCEEDINGS WERE GOING ON?

It's people like this that pretty much made me turn my back on organized religion. They're the sort that would complain about a truly gorgeous stained-glass window I once saw in a church that depicted the Madonna and child, and Mary was nursing Jesus, so you had a very brief glimpse of her half-bare breast. I'm sure whoever made that is going to Hell for daring to suggest that Mary breast fed her son. Doubtless God provided her with heavenly baby formula and bottles.
    Back to top Go down
    Kitbug
    Sporkbender
    Sporkbender
    Kitbug

PostSubject: Re: Christian Spotlight on Entertainment   Christian Spotlight on Entertainment - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 5:54 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
    AND ALL YOU CAN DO IS WHINE ABOUT BRIEF MAIL NUDITY?

I was with you until this made me think of naked mailmen and then die laughing. /endtangent
    Back to top Go down
    http://kitbug.livejournal.com
    myeerah
    Contributor
    Contributor
    myeerah

PostSubject: Re: Christian Spotlight on Entertainment   Christian Spotlight on Entertainment - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 5:58 pm

Kitbug wrote:
    Rabid Badger wrote:

I was with you until this made me think of naked mailmen and then die laughing. /endtangent

Mailman nudity is one thing. Mail nudity is another. Those poor, naked envelopes.
    Back to top Go down
    Delcat
    Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Christian Spotlight on Entertainment   Christian Spotlight on Entertainment - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 6:18 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
    But...but...ALL THAT IS MENTIONED IN THE BIBLE AS ACTUALLY HAPPENING!
    NO FUCK YOU WE LIKE OUR STORIES TO BE IN NEAT CLEAN LITTLE PACKAGES DESPITE BELIEVING THEY ACTUALLY HAPPENED IN REAL LIFE AND REAL LIFE IS MESSY AND

no seriously thank you for covering it Badge because I can't even riff on this I'm so flummoxed

merde
    Back to top Go down
    Rabid Badger
    Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Christian Spotlight on Entertainment   Christian Spotlight on Entertainment - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 6:29 pm

myeerah wrote:
    Kitbug wrote:
    Rabid Badger wrote:

Mailman nudity is one thing. Mail nudity is another. Those poor, naked envelopes.

We live to both educate AND entertain :wooper:
    Back to top Go down
    Yorokobi

Yorokobi

PostSubject: Re: Christian Spotlight on Entertainment   Christian Spotlight on Entertainment - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 6:36 pm

Well, they seemed to be mostly OK with March of the Penguins. Except for

Quote :

• death by predator attack (no gore)
  • death by freezing

Sexual Immorality (S)

• animal copulation (non-sensuous)

• So...kids can't see what's going on in the animal world? What about the dead birds their pet cat brings home? What about their cute little puppy that humps every leg it can find? I'm sure most kids come across these things fairly early in life.

Although apparently CAP was really only worried about one thing:

Quote :
    March of the Penguins also includes an instance of animal copulation. There is absolutely nothing lewd about it and no animal privates are seen, but it is still a sexual act that can create thinking in your adolescents.

Heaven forbid your children actually think! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And is seeing a couple of penguins mating really going to screw up your teenager that much?
    Back to top Go down
    Raine
    Challenge Winner!
    Challenge Winner!
    Raine

PostSubject: Re: Christian Spotlight on Entertainment   Christian Spotlight on Entertainment - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 10:39 pm

Delcat wrote:
    Raine wrote:
    Oh wait, I'm betting they're comparing every single one of these to that terrible VeggieTales series.
    Son, don't make me take you behind the woodshed. VeggieTales is an example of Christian media done right. It focuses on broad morals such as kindness, honesty, and acceptance instead of batshit "do EXACTLY as we say or you will go to HELL". While it's obviously a Christian show, with mentions of God and biblical stories and such, most of the episodes are just as accessible to non-religious kids. More importantly, it's actually entertaining. Seriously, that shit is funny. Watch it sometime. Try the Gilbert and Sullivan episode. The songs will get stuck in your head for weeks on end, but the intelligent humor makes it worth it.

You know I go to church and I'm often on Sunday school, right? This video is in our library collection and I've had to endure many episodes of it. This kids watch it for all of five minutes before they get bored with it and they're running all over the place. They seem to like it much better when I read Bible stories to them in funny voices and get them to answer questions at the end. =/
    Back to top Go down
    Verandering
    The Gender Offender
    The Gender Offender
    Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Christian Spotlight on Entertainment   Christian Spotlight on Entertainment - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 1:26 am

Rabid Badger wrote:
    ARE THESE PEOPLE SAYING IT'S OKAY TO READ THESE THINGS IN THE BIBLE BUT NOT ACTUALLY VIEW THEM ONSCREEN?

If you read the Precious review, they also mean to say that it's not okay to depict real life very realistically in films. "Too familiar to life today" or some variant of the such was used at least four times within a couple of paragraphs in that review.
    Back to top Go down
    spoonhead75
    Sporkbender
    Sporkbender
    spoonhead75

PostSubject: Re: Christian Spotlight on Entertainment   Christian Spotlight on Entertainment - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 8:26 am

Psy-4 wrote:
    Rabid Badger wrote:
    Whatever happened to the principle of 'The Lord helps those who help themselves?'
    God helps those who help themselves - is it in the Bible?
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
    Answer:
    "[...]Whatever the original source of this saying, the Bible teaches
    the opposite.

HUH? The Bible teaches what? To sit back and do nothing?

Psy-4 wrote:
    Rabid Badger wrote:
    I know it's not in the Bible. That doesn't make it any less applicable.
    Does it?

The Lord doesn't help those who help themselves. So this does not apply to Christians.

Bullshit.

What about "ask and you shall be given, search and you will find. knock at the door and it will be opened" (rough translation - you know the bit I'm sure).

There's always ACTION before GOD HELPS!

Go read your King James or whatever version you prefer. I'm sure it's in there.

OH - and BTW: this "other cheek business" is about passive resistance and does NOT show that you're not allowed to fight back.
    Back to top Go down
    Miss Prince
    Shitgobbling pissdrinker
    Shitgobbling pissdrinker
    Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: Christian Spotlight on Entertainment   Christian Spotlight on Entertainment - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 9:47 am

Raine wrote:
    Delcat wrote:
    Raine wrote:

You know I go to church and I'm often on Sunday school, right? This video is in our library collection and I've had to endure many episodes of it. This kids watch it for all of five minutes before they get bored with it and they're running all over the place. They seem to like it much better when I read Bible stories to them in funny voices and get them to answer questions at the end. =/

You must have gotten really unlucky with episodes, I guess. Even I like Veggietales, and I hate being preached at. I know lots of (more faithful than I, by virtue of actually having faith) people who love it.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christian Spotlight on Entertainment   Christian Spotlight on Entertainment - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Christian Spotlight on Entertainment
    Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next