Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly'

Go down 
+28
Root Admin
Mr.Doobie
Mikey Go WOOGA
Lady Anne
Mystique
Mafiosa
myeerah
Zeiss Manifold
InkWeaver
Mae Bedlam
Sheba
Chris91
Delcat
Hot Cancer
Bamshalam
Sutremaine
Psy-4
Lapin
Spotts1701
Manny
Mary Sue
Maximilia
Cyberwulf
Azzandra
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
karmyn31
unskilled78
Malganis
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly' Empty
PostSubject: Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly'   Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly' EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 10:25 pm

Link

Quote :
Randall Duncan Jr., 22, who lives with his parents at 553 W.
Division Road was arrested on a felony charge of battery with
bodily injury.

Duncan's mother told police her son became angry because she was
typing too loudly on the computer and he began breaking items in
their home. She told police she became scared, so she locked
herself in the bathroom.

She told police her son broke down the door and began beating
her for several minutes with a 2-foot piece of wood from the door.
She told police she begged for her son to stop beating her, but he
continued and said, "The Son of Sam told me to kill you" and
"voices in my head are telling me to end it all."
And this isn't the first time he's done stuff like this:

Quote :
This is Duncan's second arrest in about a month on battery
charges. On Nov. 16, he was arrested on battery and interference
with reporting a crime charges after he was accused of putting his
mother in a choke hold and taking away her phone. Duncan allegedly
told police he was Jesus during that arrest.
Sounds like this guy need serious mental help and medication, stuff that he probably isn't getting at home, or can't get. Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly' 309696 Hopefully, the mom will recover from this incident, and her son will get the help he needs, instead of just being thrown in prison.
Back to top Go down
unskilled78
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly'   Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly' EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 2:06 am

Notice how it's the mom~s account. She could just be sick of her 22-year-old son living at home, and figured that he'd be away longer if he looks crazy. For all we know, she abuses him mentally/emotionally and he snapped and fought back.

Of course, I'm probably wrong.
Back to top Go down
karmyn31
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
karmyn31

PostSubject: Re: Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly'   Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly' EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 3:02 am

The word you're looking for is 'always' there, Skillet.

My parents are always asking me who I'm talking to when they hear me typing, but I don't think I would ever beat somebody with a piece of wood over typing. How does one type too loudly anyway?
Back to top Go down
unskilled78
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly'   Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly' EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 3:58 am

karmyn31 wrote:
The word you're looking for is 'always' there, Skillet.
I was right that one time, about that one thing.

karmyn31 wrote:

How does one type too loudly anyway?
well, when a man and a woman love each other very much... what about some sort of migrane? Cerebral edema also fits his other symptom.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly'   Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly' EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 5:06 am

When I'm using my keyboard, my mum can barely hear the sound of my typing.

I suspect the young man thought the voices in his head had something to do with the slight sound of her typing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Azzandra
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Azzandra

PostSubject: Re: Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly'   Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly' EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 5:11 am

karmyn31 wrote:

Depends on the keyboard, I guess. I had this old keyboard once, so whenever I was typing, it sounded like an army of stepdancers stampeding through the room.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly'   Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly' EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 9:09 am

So. 22 yo guy beats up his mother twice because she's "typing too loudly" - he needs help. Kid murders someone - THROW THE BRAT IN PRISON AND LEAVE HIM/HER TO ROT

He should get help, sure (assuming he really does hear voices and isn't just saying that) but he should get it somewhere where he can't beat the shit out of his mother any more.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly'   Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly' EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 9:26 am

Azzandra wrote:
karmyn31 wrote:

Depends on the keyboard, I guess. I had this old keyboard once, so whenever I was typing, it sounded like an army of stepdancers stampeding through the room.

A friend of mine has a very loud keyboard. When he's typing and we're talking on Skype, it sounds like a machine gun going off in the background. Either that, or his microphone's very, very good.
Back to top Go down
Mary Sue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mary Sue

PostSubject: Re: Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly'   Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly' EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 10:35 am

Sad that this had to happen. If he had only gotten help sooner, when it was evident that he had a problem, this could have been prevented.
Back to top Go down
Manny
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Manny

PostSubject: Re: Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly'   Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly' EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 10:53 am

It's interesting what the last straw is for some people. They endure the verbal abuse, but more often than not, it's the little things that set them off.

Even with that in mind, typing loudly? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

TAK TAK TAK TAK TAK TAK TAK TAK TAK TAK TAK TAK

RRRRRAAAAAAAUGH HULK SMASH
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~lazerth
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly'   Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly' EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 10:57 am

Azzandra wrote:
karmyn31 wrote:

Older keyboards (and many cheap ones) use a different, harder plastic as well as metal contacts. It's what gives the keys the distinctive "tappity" sound that has become synonymous with rapid-fire typing.

But still...whatever happened to asking nicely?
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly'   Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly' EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 11:34 am

"Son of Sam"....the Son of Sam was speaking to him? How odd.

Well, he definitely needs a psych evaluation.
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly'   Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly' EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 12:01 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
So. 22 yo guy beats up his mother twice because she's "typing too loudly" - he needs help. Kid murders someone - THROW THE BRAT IN PRISON AND LEAVE HIM/HER TO ROT

Assault, horrible as it is, is not murder. And a possibly psychopathic (at the least extremely disturbed) kid who murders a younger child because she "wanted to know what it felt like" to kill isn't the same as a mentally ill person who might become a less-dangerous member of society with the proper medication, counseling, and time spent away from his mother.

Cyberwulf wrote:
He should get help, sure (assuming he really does hear voices and isn't just saying that) but he should get it somewhere where he can't beat the shit out of his mother any more.

Uhhh, I never said he should get help while staying at home with his mother, because that situation is obviously doing no good for either of them. Obviously the guy needs a psychiatric evaluation (to find out what disorder he might have or if he has one in the first place), medication for whatever disorder he might have, and probably some heavy-duty therapy and a home away from his mother where he can be monitored. So what exactly is your point? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

About the keyboard thing: I have heard some EXTREMELY loud typists at school -- the sort of people who think that to make a computer keyboard work, you need to practically stab the keys like you're Norman Bates killing someone. Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly' 611762
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly'   Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly' EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Malganis wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:

Assault, horrible as it is, is not murder.
So you'll wait till he kills his mother before you turn on him. Because I guarantee you if he stays in the house with her, he will kill her.

Quote :
And a possibly psychopathic (at the least extremely disturbed) kid who murders a younger child because she "wanted to know what it felt like" to kill isn't the same as a mentally ill person who might become a less-dangerous member of society with the proper medication, counseling, and time spent away from his mother.
Hey guess what, Mal? Many children who kill DO become less dangerous members of society with the proper medication, counselling, and time spent out of toxic home environments.

But gee, maybe if that girl had said Jesus told her to kill you'd be all for her rehabilitation. After all, this guy is completely telling the truth, and there's no possibility he's a cruel, abusive asshole who's simply lying about the "voices" so that the authorities (who, after all, let him go the first time he laid hands on his mother) will be lenient with him.
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly'   Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly' EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 2:51 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Malganis wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:

Assault, horrible as it is, is not murder.
So you'll wait till he kills his mother before you turn on him. Because I guarantee you if he stays in the house with her, he will kill her.

Exactly, which is why he should have been removed from their home before this incident. Possibly after the first incident of assault that the article mentions, or even before that, depending on his mental condition.

Cyberwulf wrote:
Malganis wrote:
And a possibly psychopathic (at the least extremely disturbed) kid who murders a younger child because she "wanted to know what it felt like" to kill isn't the same as a mentally ill person who might become a less-dangerous member of society with the proper medication, counseling, and time spent away from his mother.
Hey guess what, Mal? Many children who kill DO become less dangerous members of society with the proper medication, counselling, and time spent out of toxic home environments.

But should they be let free into the rest of society? Not necessarily. And if this guy had killed his mother or anyone else, I'd be wary of letting him loose eventually, too.

Cyberwulf wrote:
But gee, maybe if that girl had said Jesus told her to kill you'd be all for her rehabilitation.

No, I'd say she's a dangerously mentally ill person, needs to be put where she can be psychiatrically evaluated, treated for whatever condition she has, and not let out, if ever, for a very, very long time.

Quote :
After all, this guy is completely telling the truth, and there's no possibility he's a cruel, abusive asshole who's simply lying about the "voices" so that the authorities (who, after all, let him go the first time he laid hands on his mother) will be lenient with him.

There is that possibility, yes, which is why he needs psychiatric evaluation to tell if he's a manipulative liar or not. It's also very possible that he's a severely mentally ill person who deteriorated in a bad home situation -- or just through simple inability of his mother to deal with his problems. It could be no one's fault in particular, just that his mother can't help him, and she's been trying to help him but it's not working. We don't know.
Back to top Go down
Psy-4
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction

PostSubject: Re: Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly'   Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly' EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 3:28 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
How do we know the girl was the ringleader here? The kind of asshole who'd date an ELEVEN YEAR OLD might be the same kind of asshole who'd suggest killing the "evil" mother with fire.
Cyberwulf wrote:
After all, this guy is completely telling the truth, and there's no possibility he's a cruel, abusive asshole who's simply lying about the "voices" so that the authorities (who, after all, let him go the first time he laid hands on his mother) will be lenient with him.
Is it me or does Cyberwulf always try to interpret the situation against the male that is involved?

Feminists don't hate men, indeed.
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly'   Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly' EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 3:45 pm

Psy-4 wrote:
Cyberwulf is both a defender of equal rights for both sexes and a being of elemental rage. She hates everybody equally.

Oh, and don't go thinking that the views of one feminist are the views of all feminists. There are as many different ways of being a feminist as there are of being a Christian, and claiming that all feminists hate men is as ridiculous as claiming that all Christians are like Jack Chick.
Back to top Go down
Bamshalam
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Bamshalam

PostSubject: Re: Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly'   Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly' EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 3:49 pm

Don't waste your time arguing with Psy-4, hun. He's a known dumbass.
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly'   Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly' EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 5:16 pm

Bamshalam wrote:
Don't waste your time arguing with Psy-4, hun. He's a known dumbass.
No reason not to call him on it.
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly'   Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly' EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 6:04 pm

Bamshalam wrote:
Don't waste your time arguing with Psy-4, hun. He's a known sub human troll.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly'   Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly' EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 3:51 am

Cyberwulf wrote:
It's cold out, Wulfie. If we don't double up our standards, we'll catch chill.

...or is that socks?

Oh man, I want him to be proved sane just for the sheer meta of someone claiming a serial killer who claimed his dog told him to kill and later admitted it was utter bullshit told them to kill and later admit that it's utter bullshit. I don't know how you'd diagram that sentence but IT'S TRUE
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly'   Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly' EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 1:21 pm

Malganis wrote:
Link

Quote :
Randall Duncan Jr., 22, who lives with his parents at 553 W.
Division Road was arrested on a felony charge of battery with
bodily injury.

Duncan's mother told police her son became angry because she was
typing too loudly on the computer and he began breaking items in
their home. She told police she became scared, so she locked
herself in the bathroom.

She told police her son broke down the door and began beating
her for several minutes with a 2-foot piece of wood from the door.
She told police she begged for her son to stop beating her, but he
continued and said, "The Son of Sam told me to kill you" and
"voices in my head are telling me to end it all."
And this isn't the first time he's done stuff like this:

Quote :
This is Duncan's second arrest in about a month on battery
charges. On Nov. 16, he was arrested on battery and interference
with reporting a crime charges after he was accused of putting his
mother in a choke hold and taking away her phone. Duncan allegedly
told police he was Jesus during that arrest.
Sounds like this guy need serious mental help and medication, stuff that he probably isn't getting at home, or can't get. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Hopefully, the mom will recover from this incident, and her son will get the help he needs, instead of just being thrown in prison.

If it's gotten to the point of him using a chokehold on his mother, he's already beyond help. Just lock him up and throw away the key...that's the only hope for keeping this guy from putting one or both of his parents in the morgue. That "Son of Sam" comment just goes to show how far off his rocker he is; if he'd had a gun, we'd be looking at a possible murder-suicide here.

Frankly, it's amazing this guy isn't in prison already.
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

PostSubject: Re: Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly'   Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly' EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 4:08 pm

Psy-4 wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:
How do we know the girl was the ringleader here? The kind of asshole who'd date an ELEVEN YEAR OLD might be the same kind of asshole who'd suggest killing the "evil" mother with fire.
Cyberwulf wrote:
Is it me or does Cyberwulf always try to interpret the situation against the male that is involved?

"Yeah, I made a turkey sandwich earlier.."

"I BET IT WAS MADE FROM FEMALE TURKEYS!!!!"

"Actually, according to their website this company only processes the males, or 'toms'. "

"OH SO NOW YOU'RE SAYING WOMEN AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH TO BE SHREDDED UP INTO LUNCH MEAT! YOU SEXIST!!"
Back to top Go down
Mae Bedlam
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mae Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly'   Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly' EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 4:20 pm

Oh hi, Melissa, I didn't know you came back.
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

PostSubject: Re: Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly'   Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly' EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 5:10 pm

I don't get it. I'm Sheba; have we ever met?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly'   Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly' Empty

Back to top Go down

Man beats his mom up because she was 'typing too loudly'
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next