Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother.

Go down 
+11
Lady Anne
Miss Misery
Mr.Doobie
Cyberwulf
Manny
Rabid Badger
Narwhal
Psy-4
Mary Sue
Mafiosa
Spotts1701
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother. Empty
PostSubject: Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother.   Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother. EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 9:03 pm

15-year-old boyfriend also held.

Quote :
An 11-year-old Florida girl and her 15-year-old boyfriend are accused of plotting to kill the girl's mother by setting her bedroom on fire while the woman slept Tuesday, police said.

Samantha Broadhead and Jack Ault have been charged with attempted murder and arson after the fire in Clearwater, about 20 miles west of Tampa on Florida's Gulf Coast.

Well, someone didn't have a very happy holiday now did they?

Quote :
Police spokeswoman Elizabeth Watts said a motive was "probably just typical teenage angst.

That gets a vote for "understatement of the year".
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother.   Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother. EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 9:04 pm

Quote :
Police spokeswoman Elizabeth Watts said a motive was "probably just typical teenage angst.

WHAT
Back to top Go down
Mary Sue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mary Sue

PostSubject: Re: Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother.   Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother. EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 9:36 pm

Why couldn't she just write crappy poetry like everyone else her age?
Back to top Go down
Psy-4
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction

PostSubject: Re: Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother.   Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother. EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 10:05 pm

Quote :
Quote :
the young couple poured gasoline on Nancy Broadhead's bedroom floor and bed, and then set the room aflame.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother.   Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother. EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 11:02 pm

Maybe because the mother didn't approve of a relationship between her 11-year-old daughter and a fifteen-year-old boy? WTF is wrong with that guy?! She's ELEVEN, you sick sack of shit! Eleven! At least date someone who isn't wearing a fucking training bra!
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother.   Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother. EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 11:46 pm

Narwhal wrote:
Maybe because the mother didn't approve of a relationship between her 11-year-old daughter and a fifteen-year-old boy? WTF is wrong with that guy?! She's ELEVEN, you sick sack of shit! Eleven! At least date someone who isn't wearing a fucking training bra!

I was wondering if that might've played a part in it. Doesn't it count as child molestation if the male is four years older than the female, even if it's supposedly 'consensual'?
Back to top Go down
Manny
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Manny

PostSubject: Re: Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother.   Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother. EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 6:51 am

Quote :
Watts said there was ongoing tension between Nancy and Samantha
Broadhead, which escalated Monday when the mother confronted her
daughter about stealing some of her cigarettes.
Ault has been taken to a juvenile facility, and Samantha Broadhead is undergoing a mental evaluation.

There have been many incidents in my village where parents royally screw up their relationships with their kids, and vice versa. Usually the children leave home; go by a friend or neighbour until things cool down. If it's a relationship problem, the kid leaves to live with their love interest.

There was a 15 year old girl in my village who hated school, and left home to live with a 21 year old man. The parents brought her back home, put her back in school, but the girl left home again to live with an 18 year old man. The parents brought her back home once more. She is happy to not be in school any longer, and has a job now, still living with her parents. She was diagnosed with chronic depression.

That girl didn't physically threaten her parents in any way. She was depressed and wanted to do her own thing. Incidents where young children scheme to kill their own parents are unheard of where I live.

To say that "typical teenage angst" caused a girl to plot murder would be to say that every angsty teenager on the planet plots to kill their parents. The one who made that statement clearly does not care about the situation, and wrote it off completely.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~lazerth
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother.   Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother. EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 9:52 am

How do we know the girl was the ringleader here? The kind of asshole who'd date an ELEVEN YEAR OLD might be the same kind of asshole who'd suggest killing the "evil" mother with fire.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother.   Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother. EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 10:21 am

Cyberwulf wrote:
How do we know the girl was the ringleader here? The kind of asshole who'd date an ELEVEN YEAR OLD might be the same kind of asshole who'd suggest killing the "evil" mother with fire.

...wow. You were able to say that without calling us all misogynistic mudwallowing fucknecks for daring to think that the girl was the leader of the pack. EVERYTHING I KNOW IS A LIE!
Back to top Go down
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miss Misery

PostSubject: Re: Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother.   Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother. EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 10:31 am

Quote :
An 11-year-old Florida girl and her 15-year-old boyfriend are accused of plotting to kill the girl's mother by setting her bedroom on fire while the woman slept Tuesday, police said.

I guess stomping off to her room, blasting Evanescence and whining about how no one understands her would have been too easy. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother.   Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother. EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 10:58 am

Quote :
Typical? No, typical teenage angst involves things like listening to depressing music, writing depressing poetry, whining about how no one understands them, and creating Mary Sues/Marty Stus to live out their fantasies for them.

"Typical" adolescents, no matter how angsty and easily butthurt, don't attempt to murder a parent.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother.   Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother. EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 12:07 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:

Oh, totally. This is really sad. It sounds to me like this girl was desperate to seem grown-up, what with the cigarettes and dating an older boy and all, and this creep took advantage of that. Did you see that she eventually went back to the scene and agreed to be questioned by the police? She had to have regretted trying to kill her mom or she wouldn't have done that. She had to have regretted it so much that she turned on her boyfriend, separated from him to go to the police, and answered questions that could get him put away.

Pedo McArsonpants, however, was still hiding out at a friend's house.

This guy was in a totally inappropriate relationship with a child, and he was obviously instrumental in planning the murder and the escape. She may have been one of those girls that hit puberty early, but she's still just 11. Who do you think stole and drove her mom's car after the attempted murder? And if this was her idea, there are some real red flags with the method. Even if this girl wanted to kill her mother and even if she came up for a plan to do it, especially in light of her regretfulness, do you think she'd be able, on her own, with no external psychological pressure, to pour gasoline on her own mother and light the fire herself? Set her mother and her own house on fire and burn it to the ground?

This kid's ass is grass in court.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother.   Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother. EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 12:23 pm

Well, either she's insane, or I have somewhat theory.

One, 15-year-old boyfriend needs to be dealt with because that ain't right.

Two, think back to when you were her age, and his age. Teenagers can be considered borderline unstable. Look at the Twilight obsessives; not the normal fangirling, but the completely nutty ones who think Pattinson is really Edward. Teenagers are illogical a lot of the time.

So she's pissed at her mom for whatever reason, and who hasn't had a violent fantasy at that age about someone who you felt wronged you? So she's pissed, but normally this stays a fantasy.

Only she has an enabler. Ephebophile boy. He's 15, and just as irrational. And when she goes on her rant about how her mother needs to die, he encourages her. And things escalate to this point.

Are all teenagers like this? No. Otherwise we'd have riots. But some are this out of their minds. Once again, Pattinson = Edward. Maybe these two are.

Is the boy more accountable for this crime? Well, we don't know. Maybe. Maybe she's the crazy one and he's the sidekick, or vice versa. Should something be done about their relationship? Yes, its probably illegal. Pretty sure its illegal. He's definitely doing something wrong.

And also, when kids do this, seek out relationships with older people and become sexualized so early, isn't that one of those signs of sexual abuse?

Now, I'm basing all of this off crazy things I read in college in Psychology and Sociology classes.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother.   Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother. EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 5:01 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
...wow. You were able to say that without calling us all misogynistic mudwallowing fucknecks for daring to think that the girl was the leader of the pack.
LOOK OUT LOOK OUT LOOK OUT LOOK OUT! *crash*
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother.   Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother. EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 8:00 pm

Of course, it's also possible that the older boy is also disturbed and has also been abused and whatever. And no, I'm not excusing, I'm just saying that normal fifteen-year-old boys don't typically set shit on fire and try to kill people either. This may not be so much a case of a disturbed girl falling in with a bad guy as a case of two disturbed kids achieving a supernova of disturbed.

ETA: Actually, I rescind part of that comment. Setting shit on fire is part of the criteria for being a normal fifteen-year-old, given that a bonfire and the phrase "I wonder if this'll burn, melt or explode?" are present, and that a counselor is not. Arson, not so much.

ETAA: Don't look at me like that. What happens at camp stays at camp.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Sarin
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sarin

PostSubject: Re: Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother.   Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother. EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 9:02 pm

I caught part of this on CNN earlier. Apparently, the mother is a hideous, heinous, neglectful, drunken bitch. If you're willing to kill your own mother for being a hideous, heinous, neglectful, drunken bitch, though, why not call Child Protective Services? Edit: Nevermind. Watching the clip on the website, apparently CPS did jackshit, even though they had been involved in both families. What a surprise.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother.   Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother. EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 9:10 pm

More info:

Quote :
Jack Ault has been arrested numerous times since 2003, five times this year alone, all for "various misdemeanor charges,"
she said. The most serious charge this year, she said, was for domestic
battery. The charges stemming from the attack on Broadhead, she said,
are his first felony charges.

Baby's First Felony.

Quote :
"It escalated…when the mother confronted the daughter about stealing a few of her cigarettes," she said.

SMOKING KILLS
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother.   Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother. EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 9:14 am

Lapin wrote:

And also, when kids do this, seek out relationships with older people and become sexualized so early, isn't that one of those signs of sexual abuse?
She may not have done the "seeking", Lapin. He could've been the seeker, either because girls his own age won't have anything to do with him, or more sinisterly because he thought he could control her more easily.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother.   Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother. EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 11:29 am

Cyberwulf wrote:
Lapin wrote:

She may not have done the "seeking", Lapin. He could've been the seeker, either because girls his own age won't have anything to do with him, or more sinisterly because he thought he could control her more easily.

Good point. I'm sorry to say I've known guys who were seniors in high school trying to pick up girls in middle school.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother.   Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother. EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 6:05 pm

Sarin wrote:
I caught part of this on CNN earlier. Apparently, the mother is a hideous, heinous, neglectful, drunken bitch. If you're willing to kill your own mother for being a hideous, heinous, neglectful, drunken bitch, though, why not call Child Protective Services? Edit: Nevermind. Watching the clip on the website, apparently CPS did jackshit, even though they had been involved in both families. What a surprise.

Is it odd that I actually suspected this the moment I saw this was over the kid stealing her mom's cigarettes? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother.   Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother. Empty

Back to top Go down

Girl, 11, held in attempted murder plot against her mother.
Page 1 of 1