Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Impaled on a fence? Well, you'll have to wait for the ambulance...

Go down 
+9
Delcat
Mafiosa
ZoZo
Mikey Go WOOGA
Lady Anne
Indigo
Maximilia
Raine
Malganis
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

Impaled on a fence? Well, you'll have to wait for the ambulance... Empty
PostSubject: Impaled on a fence? Well, you'll have to wait for the ambulance...   Impaled on a fence? Well, you'll have to wait for the ambulance... EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 7:38 pm

...since they can't speed to your aid.

Quote :
A woman was impaled on a steel fence for an agonising 47 minutes waiting for an ambulance.

The 34-year-old received no pain relief while her body was supported by
volunteer emergency services workers during the ordeal at Yarrawonga,
in Victoria's north.

It was contacted at 9.42pm on Tuesday and told Kim Broadbent had been
impaled through the groin in a fall. A crew did not arrive until 10.29pm. There was no paramedic available in the border town that night and sources said a graduate officer was refused permission to attend.

A crew was sent from Wangaratta, 55km away, but was not cleared to travel over the speed limit or with lights and sirens.

I thought that was the whole point of ambulances? Impaled on a fence? Well, you'll have to wait for the ambulance... 203843

Quote :
By then, Ms Broadbent had spent more than 47 minutes seriously injured, lapsing in and out of consciousness.

Ms Broadbent travelled to Melbourne by air ambulance with a section of fence still lodged inside her.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Impaled on a fence? Well, you'll have to wait for the ambulance...   Impaled on a fence? Well, you'll have to wait for the ambulance... EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 8:13 pm

Through the groin

I don't care what gender you are, that's gotta hurt. ;o;
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Impaled on a fence? Well, you'll have to wait for the ambulance...   Impaled on a fence? Well, you'll have to wait for the ambulance... EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 8:39 pm

Yeah, that through the groin thing sort of caught my attention... and I couldn't get past it. That makes it godawful right there.
Back to top Go down
Indigo

Indigo

PostSubject: Re: Impaled on a fence? Well, you'll have to wait for the ambulance...   Impaled on a fence? Well, you'll have to wait for the ambulance... EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 9:24 am

Jesus... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I've had a lot of personal experience with the emergency services. A friend of mine disclocated her knee (Really, really nasty; the kneecap was round the other side of her leg) and we phoned an ambulance. Bare in mind the station is a 5/10 minute drive away from where we where. We waited for an hour. We called them. They said they were on their way. We waited another hour. We called them again. They said they were on their way. We waited. We called them again. They finally told us they hadn't actually sent anyone and weren't going to. We eventually had to carry her down the stairs from the 5th floor, during which time the knee popped itself back in.

Now I know a dislocation isn't life threatening but it is excruciatingly painful. I mean, this girl was crying and screaming with it. I know there might have been some really serious stuff going on, but to keep getting phonecalls and keep telling us they were nearly there seriously delayed this girl's treatment. If we'd've known they weren't coming we could've taken her to hospital ourselves right away.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Impaled on a fence? Well, you'll have to wait for the ambulance...   Impaled on a fence? Well, you'll have to wait for the ambulance... EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 10:51 am

Indigo wrote:
Jesus... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I've had a lot of personal experience with the emergency services. A friend of mine disclocated her knee (Really, really nasty; the kneecap was round the other side of her leg) and we phoned an ambulance. Bare in mind the station is a 5/10 minute drive away from where we where. We waited for an hour. We called them. They said they were on their way. We waited another hour. We called them again. They said they were on their way. We waited. We called them again. They finally told us they hadn't actually sent anyone and weren't going to. We eventually had to carry her down the stairs from the 5th floor, during which time the knee popped itself back in.

Now I know a dislocation isn't life threatening but it is excruciatingly painful. I mean, this girl was crying and screaming with it. I know there might have been some really serious stuff going on, but to keep getting phonecalls and keep telling us they were nearly there seriously delayed this girl's treatment. If we'd've known they weren't coming we could've taken her to hospital ourselves right away.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] What kind of idiots promise an ambulance when they have no intention of sending one? They should have told you right away they weren't going to send an ambulance, thus potentially sparing your friend a lot of pain.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Impaled on a fence? Well, you'll have to wait for the ambulance...   Impaled on a fence? Well, you'll have to wait for the ambulance... EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 5:34 pm

. . .

HOW THE HELL DID SHE IMPALE HERSELF ON A FENCE?!?!

The only other time I've seen that happen the dude was launched out of an Alcatraz guard tower by a rocket.

And "No ambulance available"? Certainly one of the ambulances would have finished whatever they were doing and been able to haul to this lady before the guys from another zip code got there.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Impaled on a fence? Well, you'll have to wait for the ambulance...   Impaled on a fence? Well, you'll have to wait for the ambulance... EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:14 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
. . .

Probably by climbing over it. I'd like to say "We've all done it, right?" but I'm fairly sure it's probably just me.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Impaled on a fence? Well, you'll have to wait for the ambulance...   Impaled on a fence? Well, you'll have to wait for the ambulance... EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 7:21 pm

It was the movie producer!

Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Impaled on a fence? Well, you'll have to wait for the ambulance...   Impaled on a fence? Well, you'll have to wait for the ambulance... EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 7:22 pm

ZoZo wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
. . .

Probably by climbing over it. I'd like to say "We've all done it, right?" but I'm fairly sure it's probably just me.

Yes, but I didn't impale myself on it because it wasn't razor sharp and I didn't fall on it from five feet above it.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Impaled on a fence? Well, you'll have to wait for the ambulance...   Impaled on a fence? Well, you'll have to wait for the ambulance... EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 4:10 am

Well, in Insomnia (I think that was the one, at least), a dumbass kid went sledding on a snowbank by his house that edged on a spiked fence and got impaled. It is sledding season...
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Violet

Violet

PostSubject: Re: Impaled on a fence? Well, you'll have to wait for the ambulance...   Impaled on a fence? Well, you'll have to wait for the ambulance... EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 6:13 am

This happened in Australia, though. I guess you could sled here in December, but you'd get looked at funny.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Impaled on a fence? Well, you'll have to wait for the ambulance...   Impaled on a fence? Well, you'll have to wait for the ambulance... EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 8:13 pm

I know that some of the roads in Australia, especially when you get out in the boonies, aren't that great, but why the fuck wasn't the ambulance allowed to exceed the speed limit? The ambulances here in town tend to tear through doing about 65 (God help you if you don't get out of there way), and I've seen ones in route to rural accidents that were obviously going faster than the speed limit. Was the terrain honestly that rough?
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Impaled on a fence? Well, you'll have to wait for the ambulance...   Impaled on a fence? Well, you'll have to wait for the ambulance... EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 10:47 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
...why the fuck wasn't the ambulance allowed to exceed the speed limit? The ambulances here in town tend to tear through doing about 65 (God help you if you don't get out of there way), and I've seen ones in route to rural accidents that were obviously going faster than the speed limit. Was the terrain honestly that rough?
I suspect the ambulance dispatchers were these people.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Impaled on a fence? Well, you'll have to wait for the ambulance...   Impaled on a fence? Well, you'll have to wait for the ambulance... EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 8:10 am

It can happen if, say, you're doing work on your house's roof, and fall off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Impaled on a fence? Well, you'll have to wait for the ambulance...   Impaled on a fence? Well, you'll have to wait for the ambulance... Empty

Back to top Go down

Impaled on a fence? Well, you'll have to wait for the ambulance...
Page 1 of 1