Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Need some help- I'm trying to figure out some ideas for a story.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

Need some help- I'm trying to figure out some ideas for a story. Empty
PostSubject: Need some help- I'm trying to figure out some ideas for a story.   Need some help- I'm trying to figure out some ideas for a story. EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 6:43 pm

It's a vampire story. What can I say, they're in Vogue nowerdays.

Well anyway, so far I have a few characters and a few scenarios that I've got going for me, but I need to sort out a few pieces of it. What I need to figure out though, is if they're viable. All I have right now are scenarios, theres no real plot or conflict that I've devised yet. I'm just trying to get down my ideas at the moment.

The main character's name is Manumission Ben-Zvi (as of right now- its not symbolic of his life, his father was a German-Jew who survived the holocaust and his mother was a Jamaican woman who is just old enough to remember when Jamaica became an independent country, so they thought it'd be a good name. I'm still wondering whether or not I should change it, though its only mentioned once or twice and the rest of the time everyone calls him Manny.)

The story is inspired by Interview With a Vampire, except in this case it's more like memoirs, and the vampires are slightly different. While they still drink blood, burn in sunlight, etc, they all generally have the power to fly and super strength (not super speed). They can crawl on walls, they can hypnotize (I refer to it as "glamoring") and they all go automatically dormant as soon as the sun breaks over the horizon. They tend to only drink from the living because it tastes better, and they can taste differences in the blood that reflect the person's lifestyle (i.e. oily, fatty blood from someone who had fatty deposits in their veins, boozy blood from, well, boozers, etc) and that effects how they feel or are until they feed again. The main character has an extremely acute sense of smell, and tends to identify and refer to people by scent. I don't have them shape-shifting, they can't enter homes without being invited, and I'm deciding on whether or not holy stuff hurts them. They have no reflections, can't be caught on camera or be heard by any sort of phone or recording device. Thank God for texting.

Anyway, the main point of the post is that some of my scenarios are thought out, but I'm not sure how well they'd work. Which is why I need you guys. i need to know if these scenarios work, could work, or have no chance in hell, assuming that this is a modern day urban environment and the police act, well, like police.

Scenario one: Euthenasia.
Manny's sire has individually made out deals with depressed and isolated elderly that no longer want to live. They take out a good amount of money from whatever ifs left in their accounts and go to his apartment to give it to him cash, and he kills and drinks from them. How does he do this? He hacked the roster for a Meals on Wheels van and talked to these elderly without being seen. My question is, how plausible is this, and if it is, how easy would it be to trace? Assuming he's never seen, these people have no real friends or contact with the outside world, and he can't be caught on camera so theres no proof he was anywhere he shouldn't be? Think it would be easier to just have him break into nursing homes?

Scenario two: Christmas Rave.
In this urban environment, there are several groups (not necessarily covens) of vampires that sometimes co-mingle, but usually have one big event- the Christmas Rave. Basically, they find some floating property, have a rave for mortals and vampires alike, and at midnight, the vampires chow down on the poor unsuspecting partygoers. My question is, again, traceability. This is a closed environment rave in the middle of nowhere important, like the outskirts of the city or something, and generally when the people are all killed, they are very well disposed of. (I'll get back to you on how) So, how easy would it be for the police to find them and arrest them?

And I think thats all I have for now... I can't think of any more issues I'm having at the moment. If I do, I will add. Thanks for your time! Smile
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Need some help- I'm trying to figure out some ideas for a story.   Need some help- I'm trying to figure out some ideas for a story. EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 10:32 am

The Meals on Wheels people would be likely to notice if a lot of their people started disappearing. As would the police. He'd definitely have bad luck in a nursing home, where nurses check the rooms on a fairly regular basis. If these vamps have issues with foreign substances in the blood, he'd definitely not want to be nomming on people on heart medicine, anti-psychotics, etc. Unless, of course, you'd like him to be nice and addled from all the crap he's been drinking.

How obvious is it that he's drank from someone? If he only takes a bit from each patient in a home, he might be able to get away with it, assuming he leaves no wounds behind / it won't turn them into vampires. He will, however, still be getting some "awesome" drugs.

...Which makes me wonder how a vampire would handle a dose of blood thinner.
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Need some help- I'm trying to figure out some ideas for a story.   Need some help- I'm trying to figure out some ideas for a story. EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 10:33 am

Why can't this vampire have a deal going with a doctor, and the doctor discreetly refers patients to him? Also, remember that fangs leave marks.
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: Need some help- I'm trying to figure out some ideas for a story.   Need some help- I'm trying to figure out some ideas for a story. EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 5:56 pm

Quote :
The Meals on Wheels people would be likely to notice if a lot of their people started disappearing. As would the police. He'd definitely have bad luck in a nursing home, where nurses check the rooms on a fairly regular basis. If these vamps have issues with foreign substances in the blood, he'd definitely not want to be nomming on people on heart medicine, anti-psychotics, etc. Unless, of course, you'd like him to be nice and addled from all the crap he's been drinking.

How obvious is it that he's drank from someone? If he only takes a bit from each patient in a home, he might be able to get away with it, assuming he leaves no wounds behind / it won't turn them into vampires. He will, however, still be getting some "awesome" drugs.

...Which makes me wonder how a vampire would handle a dose of blood thinner.

You have a good point, the meals on wheels thing wouldn't work. I had another idea that perhaps a few vamps including this sire could do shapeshifting, and when he sees lost dog posters, he is welcomed into the house as the dog, then noms on one of them and leaves as said dog and goes human later on. That might handle the whole fang buisness, as it would look like a rabid dog bite or whatever.

As for the medication and how obvious it is he's fed, yes, I'd like him to be nice and fucked up every once in a while. Not constantly. And its pretty obvious when he's fed should he bite and suck, because he leaves teeth marks. Sometimes he just cuts them open and sucks. And he usually drinks one or two victims to death every time he feeds. I draw on the whole "I suck your blood then you suck mine" method of turning.

Quote :
Why can't this vampire have a deal going with a doctor, and the doctor discreetly refers patients to him? Also, remember that fangs leave marks.
I'm afraid of that being way too traceable. if nothing else, the doctor would get figured out and arrested, perhaps giving up the sire. Though, there are vampires in the police force, it may not work out so hot that way. I like the idea though. Maybe I could reference that idea in another part.

Oh and I had an idea for a possible plot to this stupid thing, but I'm trying to keep it as intelligent and non emo as possible. Here's what I got: Manny had a friend before he was turned, but they went seperate ways long ago, just natural growing apart. Manny and friend find each other again while he's hunting. Manny and friend become companions, then lovers. Friend is still mortal, and leaves him in disdain for his vampiric ways, lack of humanity, yada yada. Years later, Manny and friend find each other again, but now are enemies, quite possibly with friend as a vampire, I haven't decided yet. After much dirty fighting, Manny finds it in him to apologize and admit that the friend was his better half. I'm unsure whether I want them to end up together or not.

Is this a redeemable premise? How can I make this not-contrived?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some help- I'm trying to figure out some ideas for a story.   Need some help- I'm trying to figure out some ideas for a story. Empty

Back to top Go down

Need some help- I'm trying to figure out some ideas for a story.
Page 1 of 1