Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cheesecake factory workers sexually harrassed

Go down 
+8
Dr. Professor Science
Cyberwulf
Mae Bedlam
Miss Prince
Mafiosa
Narwhal
Maximilia
Malganis
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

Cheesecake factory workers sexually harrassed Empty
PostSubject: Cheesecake factory workers sexually harrassed   Cheesecake factory workers sexually harrassed EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 12:03 pm

Link.

Quote :
The restaurant chain Cheesecake Factory will pay $345,000 to six
male employees who said they were sexually harassed and assaulted by
other male employees at the restaurant at Chandler Fashion Center.

The payment settles a lawsuit filed in 2008 by the U.S. Equal
Employment Opportunity Commission, which claimed that Cheesecake
Factory knew about and tolerated repeated sexual assaults against the
men by a group of other men who worked in the kitchen.

Sidney Greathouse, vice president of legal services for California-based Cheesecake Factory Inc., denied the allegations.

The consent decree assigns no liability but allows the company to avoid further expense of litigation, he said in a statement.

Four men filed charges with the EEOC: Bryce Fitzpatrick, Albert
Miller, Jesse DeJong and Michael Wilson. Two others, John Andrews and
Julio Muñoz, joined the class action.

The EEOC said the evidence overwhelmingly showed that the abusers
touched the victims inappropriately, made sexually charged remarks and
forced the victims into incidents of simulated rape. Managers also
witnessed employees dragging the men kicking and screaming into a
refrigerated room, the EEOC said.

Victims complained to managers, who never stopped the abusive behavior, the agency said.
What the fuck? You'd think that the managers would tell the abusers to cut that shit out, post-haste, if for no other reason than the fact that it's deleterious to productivity on the job. (And yeah, I know that's not the only reason to cut it out, but I'd think that a manager would understand at least that one reason.)
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Cheesecake factory workers sexually harrassed   Cheesecake factory workers sexually harrassed EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 12:05 pm

And you know, being sued and all. But wow--it's still something I'm sure happens but you don't hear about often: guys sexually harrassing other guys.
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Cheesecake factory workers sexually harrassed   Cheesecake factory workers sexually harrassed EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 12:22 pm

What happened to these men is appalling, but I hope that this case gives courage to other men who are being sexually harassed. Maybe now they'll report it, maybe other companies will start taking this seriously when they see all the bad publicity Cheesecake Factory is getting and see that those men were awarded money.

In this article it says that

Quote :
The assaults included a group of male employees reportedly grabbing another male worker and taking turns grinding on him in a sexual manner while making verbal remarks of a sexual nature, the commission said.

Other incidents reportedly included workers bumping into other male employees from behind in a sexual manner and grabbing their crotch area on multiple occasions.

And it's not just he-said-she-said:

Quote :
"He kept complaining about this, and the last time he was physically assaulted, management watched it happen," said Mary Jo O'Neill, regional attorney for the commission's Phoenix District Office. "He had no choice but to resign."

Oh, and if you have high blood pressure, please, for the love of God, don't read the comments section on that article.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Cheesecake factory workers sexually harrassed   Cheesecake factory workers sexually harrassed EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 12:49 pm

Quote :
Oh, and if you have high blood pressure, please, for the love of God, don't read the comments section on that article.

I can't possibly be that baHHRRRRRRNNNNNNGGG
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: Cheesecake factory workers sexually harrassed   Cheesecake factory workers sexually harrassed EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 1:10 pm

Quote :
If he let a bunch of guys take turns grinding on him then he is either a closet case or not willing to stand up for himself.
Quote :
Hetero's can't say anything against the gays because we will feel a backlash since it supposed to be acceptable.
Quote :
See how the gays think they are a special class and are above the law and want special protections.
:explode:
Back to top Go down
Mae Bedlam
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mae Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: Cheesecake factory workers sexually harrassed   Cheesecake factory workers sexually harrassed EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 1:30 pm

Quote :
Those zany gays. Oops, who dropped the soap?
I really hate people sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Cheesecake factory workers sexually harrassed   Cheesecake factory workers sexually harrassed EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 2:01 pm

Straight men can't say anything about gay men? O.o WTF? In my experience, straight men are usually VERY VERY VOCAL about gay men.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Cheesecake factory workers sexually harrassed   Cheesecake factory workers sexually harrassed EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 2:04 pm

Malganis wrote:
What the fuck? You'd think that the managers would tell the abusers to cut that shit out, post-haste, if for no other reason than the fact that it's deleterious to productivity on the job. (And yeah, I know that's not the only reason to cut it out, but I'd think that a manager would understand at least that one reason.)

More than likely the managers considered this "harmless" horseplay and saw the guys who complained as making a fuss over nothing instead of just sucking it up. You know, the same way women who complain of sexual harassment are sometimes treated.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

Location : One of the guys with the giant papier-mâché dongs in Lysistrata

PostSubject: Re: Cheesecake factory workers sexually harrassed   Cheesecake factory workers sexually harrassed EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 2:43 pm

It sounds like the cake factory actually had a tart.

ohgodiamsosorry
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Cheesecake factory workers sexually harrassed   Cheesecake factory workers sexually harrassed EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 5:32 pm

I feel bad that my first thought seeing the title was 'Someone said cheesecake. I love cheesecake!'. D:
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Cheesecake factory workers sexually harrassed   Cheesecake factory workers sexually harrassed EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 6:36 pm

Dr. Professor Science wrote:
It sounds like the cake factory actually had a tart.

ohgodiamsosorry
It's okay, my first thought was "WELL HEY THEY'RE WORKING IN A CHEESECAKE FACTORY".
Quote :
Hetero's can't say anything against the gays because we will feel a
backlash since it supposed to be acceptable. If a heterosexual guy did
the same to a woman the guy would not only be fired but prosecuted to
the fuill extent of the law.
Because women are always white-knighted smoothly out of abusive workplace situations, right guys? ...guys? ...Wulfie?
Quote :
Ohhh just makes me think of the movie Waiting. Those who have seen it (all 5 of you) know what Im talking about!!!

I thought guys did this on purpose for fun!!!!
On the other hand, this chick is making a pretty good case for misogyny.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Cheesecake factory workers sexually harrassed   Cheesecake factory workers sexually harrassed EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 12:29 pm

I'm not entirely sure why the title of this thread made me laugh quite as hard as it did. I think it was the word "Cheesecake".

But yeah, terrible and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Cheesecake factory workers sexually harrassed   Cheesecake factory workers sexually harrassed EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 5:22 pm

What interests me is that everyone in the comment section just seems to assume that the guys who were being harassed were gay, even though they don't say anything about their sexuality in the article. I've seen straight guys harass other straight guys in a sexual manner just because they don't like them, or they're trying to pull the whole alpha male bullshit on someone who's younger than them.

I'd be interesting in knowing if any of them were actually gay, or if the guys harassing them just ''decided' they were because they needed someone to pick on.
Back to top Go down

Cheesecake factory workers sexually harrassed
Page 1 of 1