Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What the **** is wrong with"meep"?

Go down 
+7
Drabbler
Chris91
Miss Prince
Azzandra
Mikey Go WOOGA
Mafiosa
EileenK98
11 posters
AuthorMessage
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

What the **** is wrong with"meep"? Empty
PostSubject: What the **** is wrong with"meep"?   What the **** is wrong with"meep"? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 10:11 pm

Link

I saw this on the news, and I couldn't believe it. What's the problem with "meep"?

Honestly, it's not even a word! What do they think it means?

*is confused*
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: What the **** is wrong with"meep"?   What the **** is wrong with"meep"? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 10:17 pm

It's incredibly annoying, for one thing.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: What the **** is wrong with"meep"?   What the **** is wrong with"meep"? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 10:19 pm

This is the internet, Eileen, you can swear.

On topic, everyone involved is retarded. Especially those meeping, but particularly those shitting a chicken over it.
Back to top Go down
Azzandra
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Azzandra

PostSubject: Re: What the **** is wrong with"meep"?   What the **** is wrong with"meep"? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 1:18 am

Huh. In seventh grade, someone started a trend of meowing during Biology class. It drove the teacher crazy. It got to the point where we'd all get in trouble if she'd hear it.

Then my dumbass classmates switched to barking. You can imagine how well that went down.

Still, it seems a little silly to ban a meaningless word in an entire school. Once the novelty wore off, the trend would have died out. It was probably just a phase. Now the principal just made things worse.
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: What the **** is wrong with"meep"?   What the **** is wrong with"meep"? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 6:10 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

I was trying to make a point, Mikey.

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
On topic, everyone involved is retarded. Especially those meeping, but particularly those shitting a chicken over it.

With this, I agree.
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: What the **** is wrong with"meep"?   What the **** is wrong with"meep"? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 7:40 am

Man, I can't stand articles like this. YOU CRAZY KIDS WITH YOUR MUPPETS AND YOUR URBAN DICTIONARY.

But I also agree with Mikey (:unskilled78:) -- it's a stupid teenager thing to do and I would have hated classmates for it, probably, but the people flipping their shit are even more facepalm-worthy.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: What the **** is wrong with"meep"?   What the **** is wrong with"meep"? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 8:18 am

EileenK98 wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

That's your first mistake right there. Never waste time trying to make a point to Mikey. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Drabbler
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Drabbler

PostSubject: Re: What the **** is wrong with"meep"?   What the **** is wrong with"meep"? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 8:29 am

Miss Prince wrote:
...but the people flipping their shit are even more facepalm-worthy.
The thing is, though, we don't have any evidence that anyone is. We have a report of one principal laying down the banhammer, but no indication that he was ranting and frothing at the mouth as he did so. It may have been an overreaction, but we don't know for sure how serious the disruption was. The principal said that students were using it to disrupt classes from the hallway, so they were likely yelling it, and they were organizing something even larger.

I'm more bothered by the attitude and obvious fallacy on display in the article. It's clear the ban was a reaction to students' behavior, not to the word itself; the students, who would have reason to want to act like they've done nothing wrong, can pretend it's about the word, but the adults behind the article should've known better.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: What the **** is wrong with"meep"?   What the **** is wrong with"meep"? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 5:00 pm

Chris91 wrote:
EileenK98 wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

That's your first mistake right there. Never waste time trying to make a point to Mikey. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

YOU HAVE DEFAMED MY E-HONOUR AND NOW YOU MUST DIE!!!!

ON THE INTERENTS!!!!!!!!! :redangry:

Drabbler: Yes, but in that case, banning the word is still retarded. They're just going to start yelling something else.

I hope it's FRANTIC TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK! :mwahaha:
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: What the **** is wrong with"meep"?   What the **** is wrong with"meep"? EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 7:22 pm

Azzandra wrote:
Huh. In seventh grade, someone started a trend of meowing during Biology class. It drove the teacher crazy. It got to the point where we'd all get in trouble if she'd hear it.

Then my dumbass classmates switched to barking. You can imagine how well that went down.
That is a dumbass move. The entire reason meowing during class is fun is because you can do it without moving your mouth, thus camouflaging your stupidity to within a six-to-nine-seat area. Barking is a much more difficult sound to pull off. They should have switched to squeaky lips-slightly-parted lemming noises.

...what? If my crazy fundie school was going to make life hell for me, I was going to do my able best to make life hell for them.

Anyway, Beaker is the shit and anyone claiming otherwise should be meeped at in a most stern manner. End of story.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: What the **** is wrong with"meep"?   What the **** is wrong with"meep"? EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 9:06 pm

When I see this, I think of the Roadrunner.

Meep-meep!
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
AverageLurker

AverageLurker

PostSubject: Re: What the **** is wrong with"meep"?   What the **** is wrong with"meep"? EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 11:57 pm