Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fox murders another Joss show

Go down 
+24
Adagio
Rammspieler
Xavier
Wayward
Ghost in the Machine
kleine_kat
Mystique
Root Admin
jerkstore
tim gueguen
Snoof
Kari Izumi
Grimley Fieendish
Penguin
Somath Cegem
Mae Bedlam
Mafiosa
Dr. Professor Science
Narwhal
Lapin
Ugly Swan
Cyberwulf
Maximilia
ZoZo
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

Fox murders another Joss show Empty
PostSubject: Fox murders another Joss show   Fox murders another Joss show EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 3:00 pm

The news that surprises none of us has finally broken

Yep, Fox have cancelled Dollhouse. After a hefty dose of Executive Meddling made the first five episodes suck, and sticking it in the usual Friday Night Slot of Death, they've finally announced that they're killing the show.

If we don't get the full thirteen episodes, I will be a very pissed off ZoZo. I might have been the only one watching it, and unfortunately I don't have Fox, so I shall just have to froth at the mouth a bit.

Anyone want to help me send flaming dog poo to Rupert Murdoch?
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Fox murders another Joss show   Fox murders another Joss show EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 3:16 pm

Eh... I watched it out of loyalty to Joss, not because it was anything that I had to watch. It was... mediocre? Especially compared to Buffy or Angel. However, Alan Tudyk as Alpha was the man.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Fox murders another Joss show   Fox murders another Joss show EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 3:47 pm

Well at least now Joss can't ruin it.
Back to top Go down
Ugly Swan

PostSubject: Re: Fox murders another Joss show   Fox murders another Joss show EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 7:20 pm

Sometimes I loved the show, sometimes I hated it. I tried to appreciate the moral ambiguity, but sometimes I really couldn't. I prefer the episodes where it seems like the "Dolls" are actually doing good things, as opposed to human sex toys.

I can't say as I'm surprised either way. What did Joss actually expect?
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Fox murders another Joss show   Fox murders another Joss show EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 7:50 pm

....(Bursts into tears) I liked Dollhouse.
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Fox murders another Joss show   Fox murders another Joss show EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 9:40 pm

Am I the only one who thinks Joss Whedon sucks? Only thing he ever made that I liked was Dr. Horrible's. Everything else was just kind of painful to sit through.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

Location : One of the guys with the giant papier-mâché dongs in Lysistrata

PostSubject: Re: Fox murders another Joss show   Fox murders another Joss show EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 9:44 pm

Narwhal wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks Joss Whedon sucks? Only thing he ever made that I liked was Dr. Horrible's. Everything else was just kind of painful to sit through.
You're in very dangerous waters there. Get out before the sharks come.

AKA :bandwagon:
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Fox murders another Joss show   Fox murders another Joss show EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 10:15 pm

Narwhal wrote:

THIS.

And the only reason Dr. Horrible was good was because of Neil Patrick Harris.
Back to top Go down
Mae Bedlam
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mae Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: Fox murders another Joss show   Fox murders another Joss show EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 10:44 pm

LiveJournal is going to implode from all the bitterness and hurt feelings.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Fox murders another Joss show   Fox murders another Joss show EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 2:43 am

Maximilia wrote:
Eh... I watched it out of loyalty to Joss, not because it was anything that I had to watch. It was... mediocre? Especially compared to Buffy or Angel. However, Alan Tudyk as Alpha was the man.
The thing is, the first two seasons of Buffy and Angel were decidedly mediocre. Buffy only got good about midway through season 2, and arguably Angel was its glorious best in its last season.

*weeps for the Dollhouse that could have been*
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Fox murders another Joss show   Fox murders another Joss show EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 5:05 am

Mafiosa wrote:
Narwhal wrote:

THIS.

And the only reason Dr. Horrible was good was because of Neil Patrick Harris.
The only reason? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Ugly Swan

PostSubject: Re: Fox murders another Joss show   Fox murders another Joss show EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 5:12 am

Quote :
The thing is, the first two seasons of Buffy and
Angel were decidedly mediocre. Buffy only got good about midway through
season 2, and arguably Angel was its glorious best in its last season.

I liked the first season of Angel, but while I liked the first season of Buffy enough, it wasn't the best.

I thought Dr. Horrible was good, but not meant to be taken seriously, if that makes sense. It was an experiment during the Writer's Strike. (And I'm pretty sure some of the songs, at least, were written while those involved were drunk.)
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Fox murders another Joss show   Fox murders another Joss show EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 10:13 am

I liked Firefly. And Dr. Horrible. Aside from that... I really don't get the worship.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Fox murders another Joss show   Fox murders another Joss show EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 10:25 am

ZoZo wrote:
Maximilia wrote:
The thing is, the first two seasons of Buffy and Angel were decidedly mediocre. Buffy only got good about midway through season 2, and arguably Angel was its glorious best in its last season.

*weeps for the Dollhouse that could have been*
Yeah, I think that comes down to taste here. The first season of Buffy was pretty mediocre, but different enough to catch people's attention. The second season is when it took off. As for Angel? IMO, the first three seasons were pretty good, then it went downhill from there.

Honestly, other than Alan Tudyk--who was in all of what, 2 episodes?--I liked Topher. The idea was interesting, but it just wasn't... I dunno, interesting enough for me. I still watched every episode faithfully, however.

And Eliza Dushku was a hard sell as Echo. I'd rather have had more seasons of Tru Calling than Dollhouse.
Back to top Go down
Grimley Fieendish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Grimley Fieendish

PostSubject: Re: Fox murders another Joss show   Fox murders another Joss show EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 7:02 pm

Why am I not suprised that we in the U.K will see the last episode of Dollhouse (Epitaph Two ?) before the U.S, like Firefly before it...?
(Season 2 of Dollhouse is now being shown on the Sci-Fi channel in the U.K, while season 1 is being shown on ITV2 ).
Oh well, coming (hopefully) soon - Dollhouse: The Movie...
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Fox murders another Joss show   Fox murders another Joss show EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 7:32 pm

Narwhal wrote:

Buffy was good until season three, season four. The rot set in in season five and seasons six and seven were Joss taking a huge shit on the show's characters and original premise. Never watched Angel or Firefly, but Dr. Horrible didn't impress me either. Oh, villain who wuvs the girl and follows her around and thinks that's love, and hero who's an asshole to the girl and thoroughly unlikeable. Yeah, not retreading any ground there or anything. Shit, Dr. Horrible's even blond.
Back to top Go down
Kari Izumi
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Fox murders another Joss show   Fox murders another Joss show EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 1:13 am

Either way, if I had a genre show, I'd sell it the rights to the even the CW before FOX. Their record with these sorts of shows is abysmal, to say the least. I don't know whether this show was rubbish or not, but FOX has a record of dumping pretty much anything that's not a ratings inner before you even knew it existed (See "Firefly"). Look at Family Guy. Regardless of what most of us feel about the quality (or lack thereof), it's a ratings winner...which TIIC didn't realize until after reruns and new episodes were produced on Cartoon Network.
Back to top Go down
Snoof
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snoof

PostSubject: Re: Fox murders another Joss show   Fox murders another Joss show EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 4:46 am

Dushku as Echo was about the only character I didn't buy in Dollhouse. Oh, and FBI Agent Bland in season 2. DeWitt and Topher, though, were great. I quite liked Victor, too, mostly because his actor was actually quite good at the "becoming different people" thing.

Also: It's hardly unexpected. As far as Fox is concerned, if it doesn't rate comparably to reality TV, it's not worth screening. I'm amazed Whedon even bothers to take calls from Fox any more.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Fox murders another Joss show   Fox murders another Joss show EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 6:21 am

Victor and Sierra both were good at "becoming other people" I thought. I like Eliza Dushku, but she just doesn't have the range to pull it off.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Fox murders another Joss show   Fox murders another Joss show EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 6:42 am

Cyberwulf wrote:
Shit, Dr. Horrible's even blond.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Fox murders another Joss show   Fox murders another Joss show EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 6:49 am

Maximilia wrote:
Victor and Sierra both were good at "becoming other people" I thought. I like Eliza Dushku, but she just doesn't have the range to pull it off.
I know, it's just Faith-as-a-hooker! Then Faith having a little cry! Then Faith getting a bit feisty and kicking arse.

Enver whats-his-face is a bloody brilliant find, though. When he was being Dominic my jaw dropped. I hope he gets work after that, because he is a fine actor, as is Dichen Lachman (though it took me the whole of the first season to get over the fact that she'd been a really annoying character in Neighbours).
Back to top Go down
tim gueguen
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Fox murders another Joss show   Fox murders another Joss show EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 4:16 pm

My comment elsewhere was that Dushku and her people should really find her an ensemble role in a non action-adventure/sc fi-fantasy series. The networks may start to think of her as a show killer given that both her starring vehicles have failed.
Back to top Go down
http://timgueguen.blogspot.com
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Fox murders another Joss show   Fox murders another Joss show EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 8:05 pm

That and the fact that she couldn't act her way out of a wet paper bag.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Fox murders another Joss show   Fox murders another Joss show EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Well, yes, I thought the choice for Echo was a bad one. There were other, better actors in the series.
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Fox murders another Joss show   Fox murders another Joss show EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 8:38 pm

Well, they don't hire her for her talent. She's smokin' hot. The thing that annoys me is that sometimes, you can tell she's really trying to be a good actress. It's so pitiful, like watching a one legged puppy try to run.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fox murders another Joss show   Fox murders another Joss show Empty

Back to top Go down

Fox murders another Joss show
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next